• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Regularly scheduled coffee meets

Sad to have missed this one. Gonna replace the injectors on my car today and see if that helps. If not, I'm buying a fire extinguisher and driving it to Hilltop on Monday. Sigh...

They are the first Saturday of every month. Exact time and location will appear in this thread the week before.

Sad to have missed this one. Gonna replace the injectors on my car today and see if that helps. If not, I'm buying a fire extinguisher and driving it to Hilltop on Monday. Sigh...

They are the first Saturday of every month. Exact time and location will appear in this thread the week before.

Ben, sorry to hear about your car and causing you to miss this meet. Worst nightmare buying a car and then immediately having problems. Hope you got it fixed today without having to take it to Don's. Taking it to Don's may not be a bad idea anyway, to have him go over it E2E to make sure no other fuel issues.

Rick, thanks for hosting and help satisfy my sweet tooth. Nice shop.....would be great to go to your shop every other month versus the Starbucks :wink::wink:. Catch you at the next meeting (I think!!)..........

Good news: Car is feeling better. It was just one collapsed O-ring around the top of an injector spraying gasoline all over.

Bad news: This had to happen the night before/day of a monthly meet. Now I have to wait a whole month til the next one :(

Thanks to Rick for hosting and Richard for bringing the pastries.

Sorry that I didn't make it. That morning, the family consensus was to take the Miata up to Sonoma instead, as Wine Country was more appealing than Fremont. Who am I to argue?

-A

Here are couple iphone pics at Rick's shop last Saturday.

Ricksshopmeet2.jpg

Ricksshopmeet.jpg

These are pics from the Dublin's meet welcoming the Avengers movie.
IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

Sure, why not.

Power of positive thinking I WILL have my car back in time. Go Hilltop go!

Starbucks
2292 Bridgepointe Pkwy
San Mateo‎

8/4/2012

1) bngl3rt

Last edited:
Are we meeting in San Mateo this coming Saturday?

Actually, I believe we will be meeting in Fremont for the August meet, we will be in meeting in San Mateo for the September meet.

Mike

1) Technically, if we were to follow the schedule, the meet is supposed to be in Fremont for August. Last month's meet was supposed to be in San Mateo but people changed it to Fremont instead, which is perfectly fine. I was struggling with where to suggest August's meet would be because, though it's supposed to be in Fremont, we haven't been back to San Mateo not only because of this month's change, but also because I moved it to Dublin the last time it was supposed to be in San Mateo so that we could all watch the NSX movie.:biggrin:

2) I've always wanted this series of meets to take on a life of its own and not be "my" meet where I defined where it would be. I just wanted everyone to know that every first Saturday would be a meet. I suggested the two locations so that we could "get into a rhythm" of where it was.

I applaud bngl3rt and S4Play for jumping in and suggesting meet places. I would also support moving the meet to locations other than the two locations we've met at in the past.

I intend to bow out from being the coordinator of this meet. I think it has the momentum it needs to continue on its own now. If I see nobody has suggested a place yet, I'll jump in and post something, but I hope everyone in our community helps keep this good thing going.

Let's follow bngl3rt's suggestion and have the meet in San Mateo next month. We haven't been there in a while and it'll be nice to let the peninsula and City folks not have to cross a bridge to go to a meet. Peninsula and City folks, this means your attendance is now officially required.:tongue:

I'll see you all there...

J

Sure, why not.

Power of positive thinking I WILL have my car back in time. Go Hilltop go!

Starbucks
2292 Bridgepointe Pkwy
San Mateo‎

8/4/2012

Your attendance is now mandatory :biggrin:

Even if your NSX is not ready yet, you must now make an appearance even it if means arriving in your daily driver. (MikeC_587 and Dahlsim have done this in the past.)

See you there!

J

1) bengl3rt
2) 02#154
3) nsxtaxi (?)
4) MikeC_587 (?)
5) Dahlsim (?)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Even if your NSX is not ready yet, you must now make an appearance even it if means arriving in your daily driver. (MikeC_587 and Dahlsim have done this in the past.)

Ha! The NSX is my daily driver. My current daily driver is the bus...

I'll figure something out :smile:

1) bengl3rt
2) 02#154
3) nsxtaxi (?)
4) MikeC_587 (?)
5) Dahlsim (?)
6) REDNSXT
7)
8)
9)
10)

hey guys,

I probably won't be able to make the next meet since my wife is due any day now with our son! :)

On a side-note my buddy is a GTR owner and he mentioned those guys had a pretty big 30+ car showing in San Leandro the other day. Funny thing was majority were

a) Asian
b) Dad's with like a toddler or infant or BOTH in tow!

I think Everett was there too (past nsx owner)

Maybe we should do a nice combined meet one of these days - would be a fun meet for David vs Goliath? I think variety is the spice of life and GTR / NSX are two pretty exclusive clubs anyways, whatcha all think?

rick

hey guys,

I probably won't be able to make the next meet since my wife is due any day now with our son! :)

On a side-note my buddy is a GTR owner and he mentioned those guys had a pretty big 30+ car showing in San Leandro the other day. Funny thing was majority were

a) Asian
b) Dad's with like a toddler or infant or BOTH in tow!

I think Everett was there too (past nsx owner)

Maybe we should do a nice combined meet one of these days - would be a fun meet for David vs Goliath? I think variety is the spice of life and GTR / NSX are two pretty exclusive clubs anyways, whatcha all think?

rick

I think that's a great idea (that deserves its own thread… ahem)

J

My buddy went to that meet last week too. He has the 2012 red, black edition.

1) bengl3rt
2) 02#154
3) nsxtaxi (?)
4) MikeC_587 (?)
5) Dahlsim (?)
6) REDNSXT
7) whzzbad (mystery ride)
8)
9)
10)

1) bengl3rt
2) 02#154
3) nsxtaxi (?)
4) MikeC_587 (?)
5) Dahlsim (confirmed)
6) REDNSXT
7) whzzbad (mystery ride)
8)
9)
10)

BTW - my coilovers came in and I need some help with the install......Big Money......cough...hint....cough

Back