• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Regularly scheduled coffee meets

nothing special.

Just did the spark plugs and found out that the typical rear bank cover seal has seen better days. Got those coming in plus other clips, bolts etc that are bugging me. Crossing my fingers they come in friday so I can get in a wash and drive it on saturday :cool:

Good you noticed the bad seal.

Just a quick tip/reminder.
When washing the NSX. Its a good idea to place a rag over the rear valve cover to prevent any water going in to the sparkplugs chamber.

Do remeber to remove the rag before starting your car.

Hey Guys,

Great to see everyone! I wish I could go to meets more often, but I'll take what I can get :rolleyes:.
But I'd like to get everyone's info, so I can try to remember you the next time I meet up.
(yes memory is the first thing to go :wink:)

Jermery (yellow)
Gil (red/stickers/supercharger)
Roger (red/supercharger)
James (Silverstone 02)
?? (white wrapped)

thanks
Rich

Hey Rich,

Really nice to meet everyone today.

Richard: Would definitely love to see your car more and chat more about it sometime. It's truly beautiful and done right.

The white wrapped one was Otto. User name, not sure?

Gil is also turbo ;)

Next time, we should park in a more open area for some pics says the "professional" photographer.

- Dennis

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if I should post them in a new thread or just post them in here... would be easier to keep track of them later in a new thread.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_7295_zps2298d48b.jpg

IMG_7319_zpsf68b5183.jpg

IMG_7318_zpsdd157911.jpg

IMG_7316_zps16707157.jpg

IMG_7299_zps80ffb6b7.jpg

IMG_7297_zps8f14ae81.jpg

IMG_7304_zpsadc9612b.jpg

IMG_7303_zps628a1f89.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_7300_zps88b030b7.jpg

IMG_7309_zps42b25179.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Note: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/172282-AC-R12-Freon-Substitute

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=r12&sort=rel

cans of R12 for sale. Next meet = AC day? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Nice pics Dennis! It was great seeing everyone today and I hadn't seen Rich and Otto in a long time. Thanks for the AC link. I agree we should have an AC day at Pit Row. I got the Bay to Bay post up. Go check it out and sign up.

Thanks Dennis, just trying to be a great example :)
We all showed amazing versions of 'our' NSX's.
It's always great to talk and learn more about our common passion!

Rich

Yeah, it was I in the wrapped NSX. :)

Since I showed up for a meet this year, I'll go back in hiding for another. :p Actually life is just way too busy for me to get out more often. :(

Otto

Wow that's a sweet wheel Rick! Can you provide some details - looks like a stock wheel redone. I'd like to get something like that in just leather, then maybe I'll drive it more :tongue:

There was some place on the peninsula or south bay that refabs stock wheels, forget what it was called...

Gonna try and stop by if I can get my new steering wheel installed :)

^These wheels start their life as an OEM wheel but we strip the wheel down to it's core and modify it for the special flat bottom shape. Each one is hand made and takes us a lot of intensive labor to transform. There are no shortcuts and the final coating is very strong and scratch resistant. We will also be offering interior/exterior CF tidbits for the NSX including our custom angled double DIN dash setup.

They are not made by the local company you are thinking...if you look closely the details and materials are very different. Not all flat bottom wheels are created equal. We invite every local owner to drop by and feel/inspect this wheel on our demo NSX. A few local guys have already ordered it so you will start to see these pop up more on NSX's soon.

The biggest problem is we can't make them fast enough and have over 25+ backorders right now!

check out this thread for the steering wheel:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...d-Steering-Wheels-in-Suede-Leather-CF-Stripes

And this one for the custom DD dash setup:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ble-DIN-Tilt-Angle-Double-DIN-reducing-GLARE-!

thanks guys
rick

P.S. I just got mine today - so will install it for the next meet to let you guys do a touchy feeling session :)

I'm also doing an install for one local member next week in the Sac. area so for those out there maybe you can check out his ride...

here's mine ready to be installed this weekend:

Last edited:
11/2 Monthly Meet

OK let's get this monthly meet back on track.

Next meet will be Sunday 11/2 10:00am at our fellow former Primer's new shop, Trackspec Autosports. Larry will provide donuts, bagels and water and we supply the hot cars. This is a very nice shop and owned by enthusiasts like us. And Larry has some nice cars we can worship while we're there.

https://www.facebook.com/trackspecautosports/info

10710904_10152529530034538_8914008094594093302_n_zps7aa5d6c3.jpg

7100 Stevenson Blvd
Fremont

Attending:
1. Dhalsim

OK let's get this monthly meet back on track.

Next meet will be Sunday 11/2 10:00am at our fellow former Primer's new shop, Trackspec Autosports. Larry will provide donuts, bagels and water and we supply the hot cars. This is a very nice shop and owned by enthusiasts like us. And Larry has some nice cars we can worship while we're there.

https://www.facebook.com/trackspecautosports/info

10710904_10152529530034538_8914008094594093302_n_zps7aa5d6c3.jpg

7100 Stevenson Blvd
Fremont

Attending:
1. Dhalsim
2. BATMANs

So far there are 16 confirmed and 12 maybe from the NSX Facebook page.

Roger, count me and the lady in. I own't be able to stay long as I gotta meet up family for lunch.

What time are you guys planning to be there?

Maybe Ill bring my track car instead because the shop is called trackspec. :biggrin:

Is that ok?

Last edited:
Sunday 11/2 10:00am at our fellow former Primer's new shop, Trackspec Autosports.

Attending:
1. Dhalsim
2. BATMANs
3. B2finity
4. S4Play
5. Stonesonsilver
6. smooth

Sunday 11/2 10:00am at our fellow former Primer's new shop, Trackspec Autosports.

Attending:
1. Dhalsim
2. BATMANs
3. B2finity
4. S4Play
5. Stonesonsilver
6. smooth
7. Xetronic (Last Meet Being Single)

Back