• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Regularly scheduled coffee meets

So, it was another good turn out this month and it was a lot of fun. Missing were Mike, Roger and Eric so maybe that had something to do with the fun factor :tongue:

Interesting factoids regarding the meet: There were as many yellows as there were silvers! We met a new owner, Alan (I think I remember that correctly) with an almost completely stock, black '91. We invented a coffee warmer / cup holder. It was a perfect day for it, so three of us drove to our next destination with the tops off.

We've narrowed down the Napa drive to likely be the end of April. We have a person who's willing to lead the drive. We'll probably not stop at a winery but if we do it'll only be maybe one. We'll probably have a stop for lunch so it'll be a semi-all-day thing - like morning to mid-afternoon.

I guess I'll close by saying that I'll see everyone next month. It'll be our only meet before the Napa run so if you want to help plan, make sure to make it out. Oh, and I'm thinking of moving our May or maybe June meet to an alternate location. Feedback on that can be shared at next Monty's meet, too.

J

So, it was another good turn out this month and it was a lot of fun. Missing were Mike, Roger and Eric so maybe that had something to do with the fun factor :tongue:

Interesting factoids regarding the meet: There were as many yellows as there were silvers! We met a new owner, Alan (I think I remember that correctly) with an almost completely stock, black '91. We invented a coffee warmer / cup holder. It was a perfect day for it, so three of us drove to our next destination with the tops off.

We've narrowed down the Napa drive to likely be the end of April. We have a person who's willing to lead the drive. We'll probably not stop at a winery but if we do it'll only be maybe one. We'll probably have a stop for lunch so it'll be a semi-all-day thing - like morning to mid-afternoon.

I guess I'll close by saying that I'll see everyone next month. It'll be our only meet before the Napa run so if you want to help plan, make sure to make it out. Oh, and I'm thinking of moving our May or maybe June meet to an alternate location. Feedback on that can be shared at next Monty's meet, too.

J

To everyone else that didn't attend the Bridgepoint meeting, because they were secretly meeting with us. We thank you for an amazing turn out as well! Pics to follow shortly.

Thanks!
Mike, Roger, and Me

To everyone else that didn't attend the Bridgepoint meeting, because they were secretly meeting with us. We thank you for an amazing turn out as well! Pics to follow shortly.

Thanks!
Mike, Roger, and Me

It was a very good meeting too. TY

It was a very good meeting too. TY

F**k the meeting, what I want to know is, did my NSX win the first place trophy? :biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes::wink: lol...

Doesn't the trophy get awarded to the new winner in April? Looks like we need a vote during the next meet! :rolleyes:

J

Doesn't the trophy get awarded to the new winner in April? Looks like we need a vote during the next meet! :rolleyes:

J

Mr President, Mr. BATMANs, Mr. Bruce Wayne and Mr. Alain Tsai you James and I need to make a decision on the next recipient for the "Nicest NSX in the Bay Area" trophy.

So, you need to be at the next monthly meet that is scheduled for April 7, 2012, mark your calendar.

Mike

Hi EVERYONE! Wow, long time no see for me! Had fun today and here are the pics to prove I went to a meet! You know, group shot, blah, blah, blah... But, there are a few random ones... Can't take us anywhere! (Just read Rich's post-OOOhhhhh pastries!!!)

Wow Great pix thanks for posting them.
You should be our official Camera Lady on our NSX Meet/Drives!!!

This picture is priceless to me.

attachment.php

Thank you Lynn!!!

Thanks for the pics Lynn! Remember to get them all onto a cd for me, okay?

J

me too Lynn if its not too much trouble.

Last edited:
Ok James & Ariel; your disc will be ready and handed to you at the next meet. Anyone else better let me know soon so I can burn them for you too!

And thank you for the compliments and I didn't know that 2 more pics didn't make it on the first upload! :D

I also had a great time giving people sh!t that I just met! It was a very fun crowd! I hope to make it out to the next meet so I can vote against Mike's car (because James is my BFF)...:tongue: I feel like I just started WWIII...

Attachments

• DSC_7374.jpg
    DSC_7374.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_7378.jpg
    DSC_7378.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Disc for pastries :wink:

Thanks Lynn :smile:

Would people be okay with permanently switching the Milpitas location to Fremont? Exact location TBD…

J

Why? Milpitas too far from your home? :wink:

Yeah, but that's nothing to do with it :rolleyes:

I originally selected Milpitas mostly as a throwback to the first meets I used to go to with my sister back when she owned the car and also to try to accommodate folks from the south bay. But then I was talking with my BFF about the meets and neither of us could think of anyone who comes to the meets from the south bay.

It's just a suggestion. If people want to keep it in Milpitas, cool. But if makes no difference to anyone, I'd prefer it closer to home :wink:

J

Oh, plus there's a Hooters in Fremont for lunch :biggrin:

J

How about doing the Fremont meets at night for a change of pace?

BTW, I will be at Blacktrax for another dyno run tomorrow at 5pm, so if anyone wants to meet up, you're welcome to stop by.

Last edited:
How about doing the Fremont meets at night for a change of pace?

The Friday night meets have always been ad-hoc meets, not planned far in advance. Now that Spring is here I'm sure they will start becoming more frequent again. And unless someone takes it upon themselves to try to turn them into a regularly scheduled meet, they'll continue to be ad-hoc, whenever someone takes the initiative to post up.

I've always encouraged people to post up meets whenever they had the time and inclination to have a meet and not just wait for someone else to post something. When I feel like taking the car out and would like to hang out with people I try to get people together. Sometimes I get attendance, sometimes I don't.

Incidentally, Eric tried to get us together a few weeks back for a Friday night meet and nobody said they'd come.

J

Hooters = meh.

I actually like the wings there. I get mine without the batter/breading (ask for them "naked" and they'll know what you mean) with the hot buffalo sauce. If someone is going for the eye-candy, Fremont is not the Hooters location to go to. Besides wings, I've only ever had a chili dog which was average. I really can't comment on any of their other food.

J

awww. missed this meet. :(

when's the napa run? i'm in!

We are shooting for "late April" but nothing has been discussed in detail yet. When I figure out the details I'll probably start a new thread.

J

Back