• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Regularly scheduled coffee meets

How about meeting twice a month? I just happen to work every other weekend.
I just got my NSX and I would love to see other NSX in the Fremont area.
:smile:

I'll be driving to Fremont this Friday. Going to meet at Sharkwerks
http://www.sharkwerks.com/aboutus.php#map

Are you suggesting we all meet up? Sounds like it could be interesting if it's dry and they're expecting us. Let us know if you'd like others to meet there.

In my (not so:tongue:) humble opinion, scheduling a recurring meet that often will dilute attendance. This opinion is based on about 4 years of observing the meeting habits of the indigenous wildlife. That said, I'm not opposed to the idea.

The following is directed towards everyone, and yet to no one in particular:

As I've said in several other posts, I want to see more activity from our group. While its great to have interest from everyone in having meets, it's a little disappointing to see so many "when's the next meet?" and "why don't we meet more often?" posts and fewer "lets get together on such and such date/time" posts.

The meets, drives and other events that we've gotten together for have pretty much been put together by the same handful of people. It doesn't take a lot of work for most of them. So that's not my point. My point is that I KNOW that there's plenty of interest in more meets and I'd like people to "organize" them. If everyone waits for one of the usual suspects to put something together, there won't be as many meets as I think people would want to attend.

I'm not b!tching about anything. I am content with how often we meet. But I DO see others wanting to meet more often but not actually saying, "let's meet". I'd like for everyone to meet as often as they want to. If that's more often than every first Saturday, please post something. You wmay be surprised at the response!

So, the first Saturday of April happens to be the day before Easter. To maximize attendance, should we change it to the Saturday before (or after)?

Also, because I didn't receive any negative feedback about changing the location from Milpitas to Fremont I'm going to do just that. I'll post the addresss to a Starbucks in Fremont by this Tuesday.

J

I look forward to meeting you at our meets. We're a pretty friendly and welcoming group. Unless we like you and get comfortable with you. Then you will receive no end of our crap. :biggrin:

J

Sounds like a plan. I known another NSX owner I will pass the details of the next meet. I will be on the look out for the details.

I think it was last months' meet over at the Milpitas Starbucks - heard you guys as you took off!

I was with my family at the Applebee's across the street roughly when you guys were leaving. One NSX fella even drove through the Applebee's parking lost?

I still dun have my NSX back :frown:

perhaps I should take the truck with my Go Pro HD cameras mounted for the drive and get a "bird's eye" view of ya'll......

what happened to your nsx?

Okay, so…

Since there was nobody who voiced a preference for moving next month's meet to avoid Easter weekend, the April meet will be on Saturday, April 7.

Also, because there didn't seem to be a reason to keep the meet in Milpitas, we're moving it to Fremont from now on in the months when it would have been in Milpitas. The San Mateo meets will remain unchanged.

The new address for the Fremont meets will be:

STARBUCKS
5034 Mowry Avenue, Fremont

Right off freeway, shallow, wide driveways, and lots of good parking.

There are quite a few restaurants nearby if lunch is desired, e.g. Chili's, BJ's, Hooters, a Vietnamese sandwich shop (used to be a Lee's), and Elephant Bar.

J

April meet: let people kmow you're coming!

1) 02#154
2)
3)
4)
5)

Okay, so…

Since there was nobody who voiced a preference for moving next month's meet to avoid Easter weekend, the April meet will be on Saturday, April 7.

Also, because there didn't seem to be a reason to keep the meet in Milpitas, we're moving it to Fremont from now on in the months when it would have been in Milpitas. The San Mateo meets will remain unchanged.

The new address for the Fremont meets will be:

STARBUCKS
5034 Mowry Avenue, Fremont

Right off freeway, shallow, wide driveways, and lots of good parking.

There are quite a few restaurants nearby if lunch is desired, e.g. Chili's, BJ's, Hooters, a Vietnamese sandwich shop (used to be a Lee's), and Elephant Bar.

J

James,

I love you man ~ awesome location! I bike there to the local bicycle shop sometimes, have to come since it's so close....the Thai place next to Starbucks is really good for crepes and deserts too.

1) 02#154
2) Lynn (YELLOW)
3) s4play
4)
5)

50/50 chance i might make it

1) 02#154
2) Lynn (YELLOW)
3) s4play
4) Xetronic (Also YELLOW)
5) amgnsx (also also YELLOW) :biggrin:
6)
7)
8)

Are you suggesting we all meet up? Sounds like it could be interesting if it's dry and they're expecting us. Let us know if you'd like others to there.

Sorry, just read this. I'll be heading to Fremont today about lunch time to meet owner of sharkwerks. He's picking up my CF cover for his 91. I think
Bill might meet us there. If anyone's around, more than welcome to swing by.

Are you suggesting we all meet up? Sounds like it could be interesting if it's dry and they're expecting us. Let us know if you'd like others to there.

Sorry, just read this. I'll be heading to Fremont today about lunch time to meet owner of sharkwerks. He's picking up my CF cover for his 91. I think
Bill might meet us there. If anyone's around, more than welcome to swing by.

Great to meet you and Bill! A mini meet of sorts:biggrin:

1) 02#154
2) Lynn (YELLOW)
3) s4play
4)
5) amgnsx (also also YELLOW) :biggrin:
6)
7)
8)

Sorry a little less yellow. Cant make it tomorrow, have fun! I did make it back today from Europe.:smile:

Back