• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Regularly scheduled coffee meets

I'm going to try to get a regularly scheduled coffee meet going for NSX owners and friends.

When: 10:07 am
Every first Saturday of each month

Where: alternating locations
Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, Dec: Starbucks, McCarthy Ranch, Milpitas (127 Ranch Drive, Milpitas, 95035)

Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov: Starbucks, Bridgepointe Shopping Center (2292 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, 94404)

Basically, the coffee spot alternates between Milpitas and San Mateo each month. Very casual, the meet will be to just hang out, show off our latest mods, talk NSX and other common interests and generally have a good time. Oh, and of course we can continue to debate who truly has the nicest NSX in the bay area :tongue: But if you don't show up then you have no say in the matter and will not be considered for the title:rolleyes:

If people want to get lunch afterwards there are several chain restaurants at each location. If someone cares to lead one, there could be a drive after lunch, or after coffee if nobody gets lunch.

Because the meet is more about camaraderie than about NSX ownership, the meet will be a go come rain or shine and your friends with other interesting cars cars are welcome as well as long as they don't draw negative or otherwise unwanted attention. If, like mine, your NSX will melt in the rain then just come in your daily driver. The key is to show up.

I hope to see all of the old regulars there as well as any new owners and enthusiasts who see this post.

J

Thanks James:smile:
I never been able to get there :redface:
but its time to try to make it there:biggrin:

Rich

Last edited:
Great idea James. Thanks.

Let's not make it too complicated. I already had to do something to help me remember this. MEBO.

McCarthy
Even
Bridgepointe
Odd

:biggrin:

Very nice James. It would be nice to see if you can get this going on a regular basis. Both those points are a little far for me so it's unlikely I would make it to most of them but I will try.

So the first meet is 2/4 at McCarthy Ranch. Should be there by 10:08 :tongue:

I'm sure we can always squeeze in a meet at Hacienda Crossings in Dublin for the East East bay folks :wink: Then maybe hit the Oakland hills afterwards.

http://www.hacienda-crossings.com/

I fully intend to post a reminder on this thread on the Tuesday before each meet just as a reminder so we don't all have to remember MEBO. :rolleyes: See you there, Chuck!

As for Hacienda Crossings, that's a great idea. I'll make sure I post up very early if we will try that location so people who plan to go don't get caught out of the loop and go to the wrong place or find out too late.

Young Jedi, you should at least make it out to the first one, if you can. I need everyone to show up so that this can gain some traction and become a regular thing.

Tariq, thanks for helping make this a successful first meet. Phong, if it's raining, come out in the daily driver!:smile:

J

Last edited:
great idea. i think i would be down for this.

Great idea

I remember back in 2004 when i just got my NSX we used to have regular monthly meets in milpitas next to Macaroni Gril

Nice idea James!

Dunno how many I can make with baby duties (heck I have to find free time just to drive my NSX) once a month these days.

We should do meets at the Fremont PD station instead - guaranteed safety and close to my house :)

rick

Since the first scheduled meet date is the day before the SuperBowl, would anyone be interested in doing an NSX SuperBowl Pool?

Using the attached pool at lets say $5 per square.

Total Pot = $500

Breakdown
1st Quarter - $100
2nd Quarter = $100
3rd Quarter = $100
Final Score = $200 (if game goes into OT final OT score replaces 4th quarter score)

I would need to know who is in, in advance, and how many squares you would be in for in order to assure all squares would be sold. Buy some for your friends and family members too. Cash only.

If 100 squares is too ambitious we could do a 50 square pool.

Attachments

• pdfsuperbowlsquares.pdf
    92.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
This coming Saturday, Feb 4, will be the first one. As the schedule stated, it will be in Milpitas at 10:07 am. Some of us will get lunch afterwards so if you want to join in that also, please feel free.

If someone would like to piggyback a drive after coffee or after lunch please post it up here and let people know.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

J

As an incentive for people to show up, there will be a mini car show with a (very) mini prize for the favorite NSX that shows up. There are no rules for the judging other than the winning car will have garnered the most votes. Car doesn't have to be clean, modded, anything in particular - just the favorite NSX present. Voting will take place at 11 and is open to anyone who shows up, but eligible cars will be limited to NSXs.

J

Let us kow that you're coming:

01 02#154

01 02#154
02 the wolf

Back