• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Regularly scheduled coffee meets

Yawwn, if you want, PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number so that you can get in touch with us if this happens in the future so we can prevent this atrocity from ever happening again! :smile:

J

Thanks J.
Please feel free to PM me your number. I did call s4play, but he did not join you all at Santana Row, so he couldn't tell me where you all were parked.

Best,
J.

I think I speak for most of the guys in saying we were disappointed the lady in your avatar didn't show up.

It was a good turn out but where were all the yellows that were supposed to show up?

As Big Money mentioned the lunch discussions were definitely a "not to miss" event with much hilariousness and discussion about those who were not in attendance. :biggrin:

Also I believe a nomination and a second and third motion were made for a new president of NSXCA Bay Area thereby completing a coup of the current puppet regime. Why was there no speech from the new Prez? :confused:

Here a couple of pics from the meet.

Attachments

• nsx1.jpg
    nsx1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 79
  • nsx3.jpg
    nsx3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 52
  • nsx5.jpg
    nsx5.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 63
  • nsx6.jpg
    nsx6.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 53
I think I speak for most of the guys in saying we were disappointed the lady in your avatar didn't show up.

She is always with me. I just have to use my imagination and concentrate really hard :biggrin:

J

Hey guys at lunch we talked about a napa run I was thinking sac group meet with the San Jose guys in Vallejo somewhere and shoot from their through napa I'll get a map out soon just wanted ideas ?

Hey guys at lunch we talked about a napa run I was thinking sac group meet with the San Jose guys in Vallejo somewhere and shoot from their through napa I'll get a map out soon just wanted ideas ?

Sounds like good idea to me. It will give me a chance to test out my new R-Type upper /lower reinforcement bars.

Great idea Mr Blaze. I would suggest starting a new thread so that it can have an appropriate thread title.

J

I have couple pics from Saturday. It was nice seeing everyone (old and new).

P4070663.jpg

P4070669.jpg

P4070670.jpg

I'm posting the reminder for next month's meet this early because it's not going to be in San Mateo, as planned. Don't worry, I have a good reason for the change :wink:

May's meet will be at the Starbucks in Dublin at the Hacienda Crossings location

4930 Dublin Blvd, Suite 500
Dublin

Parking can be tricky here, so I suggest that we park in the southeast corner of the lot. There are two ways to get to where I'm talking about.

Here is the "cruise the parking lot and be seen" route or, as I like to call it: the Cruz cruise :biggrin::
After exiting the freeway turn right on Hacienda Crossings and continue through the parking lot and turn right when you reach Best Buy (you will have actually passed Starbucks by then). After turning at Best Buy, we'll be parked down one of the aisles on your right.

Alternatively, this is the "avoid the crowds" way:
Instead of turning right at Hacienda Crossings you can turn right at the next light which is Dublin Blvd., turn right on Toyota Drive (2nd light) and turn right into the parking lot at Hacienda Crossings. Turn left at the first break in the road and we'll be down one of the aisles on the right.

All of the above will make more sense if you view the Starbucks location on Google maps :redface:

So why yet another change to the location? Because its Matinee Movie Day after lunch! :biggrin:

Those who wish to hang after lunch can join us in watching the big screen debut of Tony Stark's new ride! It'll be really cool if we could get a good turn out for this meet. I hope everyone who CAN make it does their best to come out and join in on more than two hours of Avengers goodness. It'll be the most fun you'll have in the dark with a bunch of NSX owners all year!

So who's gonna come out next month? (No promises, but one of the locals is working on a little gift for those who a) sign up in advance for the meet, AND b) show up, AND c) stay until the end of the movie).

J

1) 02#154
2) nsxtaxi
3) Young Jedi
4) The Wolf

Excellent idea Senor James.

Now are watching it on the IMAX screen, 3D or regular screen. Times listed below.

IMAX 3D - 9:15, 12:30, 3:45
Real 3D - 9:45, 1:00, 4:15
Regular - 10:15. 1:30, 4:45

Since the meet starts at 10:00 (and some arrive by 11:00) I suppose the next available showtime is the IMAX time at 12:30. Should give us plenty of time to get liquored up for the Cinco de Mayo. :biggrin:

Excellent idea Senor James.

Now are watching it on the IMAX screen, 3D or regular screen. Times listed below.

IMAX 3D - 9:15, 12:30, 3:45
Real 3D - 9:45, 1:00, 4:15
Regular - 10:15. 1:30, 4:45

Since the meet starts at 10:00 (and some arrive by 11:00) I suppose the next available showtime is the IMAX time at 12:30. Should give us plenty of time to get liquored up for the Cinco de Mayo. :biggrin:

I guess it depends on which we want to see. My preference is 2D (1:30) but if we watch 3D I want to see IMAX (12:30).

J

I'm posting the reminder for next month's meet this early because it's not going to be in San Mateo, as planned. Don't worry, I have a good reason for the change :wink:

May's meet will be at the Starbucks in Dublin at the Hacienda Crossings location

4930 Dublin Blvd, Suite 500
Dublin

Parking can be tricky here, so I suggest that we park in the southeast corner of the lot. There are two ways to get to where I'm talking about.

Here is the "cruise the parking lot and be seen" route or, as I like to call it: the Cruz cruise :biggrin::
After exiting the freeway turn right on Hacienda Crossings and continue through the parking lot and turn right when you reach Best Buy (you will have actually passed Starbucks by then). After turning at Best Buy, we'll be parked down one of the aisles on your right.

Alternatively, this is the "avoid the crowds" way:
Instead of turning right at Hacienda Crossings you can turn right at the next light which is Dublin Blvd., turn right on Toyota Drive (2nd light) and turn right into the parking lot at Hacienda Crossings. Turn left at the first break in the road and we'll be down one of the aisles on the right.

All of the above will make more sense if you view the Starbucks location on Google maps :redface:

So why yet another change to the location? Because its Matinee Movie Day after lunch! :biggrin:

Those who wish to hang after lunch can join us in watching the big screen debut of Tony Stark's new ride! It'll be really cool if we could get a good turn out for this meet. I hope everyone who CAN make it does their best to come out and join in on more than two hours of Avengers goodness. It'll be the most fun you'll have in the dark with a bunch of NSX owners all year!

So who's gonna come out next month? (No promises, but one of the locals is working on a little gift for those who a) sign up in advance for the meet, AND b) show up, AND c) stay until the end of the movie).

J

1) 02#154
2) nsxtaxi
3) Young Jedi
4) The Wolf

Great idea!!! add me to the list, oh wait, I'm already on the list :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

James thanks for coming up with an awesome meet idea :cool:

Mike

Hey folks, an Acura dealer is having a private Pre-Screening movie event on Thursday, May 3rd at the Blackhawk Theater (Danville) for the Marvel Avengers (3D)

It is an invitation only screening and they will be displaying a blacked out MDX and RDX with blue/red strobes.

I was invited to show my car there as well and I have an extra ticket in case anyone wants to come along, it goes from 5:30p-9p.

So if you can't wait for the meet, let me know.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1075391_acura-nsx-roadster-appears-at-avengers-premier-video

Last edited:
I'll be there......unless something more important comes up :tongue:

1) 02#154
2) nsxtaxi
3) Young Jedi
4) The Wolf
5) Xetronic
6) smooth
7)

1) 02#154
2) nsxtaxi
3) Young Jedi
4) The Wolf
5) Xetronic
6) smooth
7) nsx20014me (Tom)
8) LarryNSX
9)

I just got a call from Sunnyvale Acura about some private screening at 7PM at spme theater in Fremont this Thursday.

Anyone going to that one?

I also have an invitation to a private screening at the Black Hawk theater for Thursday night. Not sure if I'm going yet.

Regardless I'm pretty sure I'm going to the meet this weekend.

I assume we will park at the same spot like couple of years back. Since it's literally next to my house, I will be there first so everyone can look for a red nsx when pulling in. I will be skipping the movie.

1) 02#154
2) nsxtaxi
3) Young Jedi
4) The Wolf
5) Xetronic
6) smooth
7) nsx20014me (Tom)
8) LarryNSX
9) REDNSXT
10)
11)

Can those of you who plan to stay for the movie please indicate as such?

1) 02#154 watching movie
2) nsxtaxi watching movie
3) Young Jedi watching movie
4) The Wolf watching movie
5) Xetronic
6) smooth
7) nsx20014me (Tom)
8) LarryNSX
9) REDNSXT
10)
11)

Tariq, if you find that something more important comes up :rolleyes: let me know… I have more money to hand over!

J

is it meet, lunch, movie? what time is everyone getting there?

1) 02#154 watching movie
2) nsxtaxi watching movie
3) Young Jedi watching movie
4) The Wolf watching movie
5) Xetronic
6) smooth
7) nsx20014me (Tom) movie
8) LarryNSX
9) REDNSXT
10)
11)

Back