• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Billy johnson Driving a DP car at 24 Hours of Daytona

Coz

Legendary Member
One of the DP car drivers was ill and Billy was asked to drive in his place for their DP car...

Go get-em Billy !

That's fantastic (um, not the ill part of course), what Team and car number?

Brian

He was eating at cracker barrel 25 miles from track when he got the call to come back. I have lots of pics and will post them in my Rolex 24 photo tread late tonite.

He was eating at cracker barrel 25 miles from track when he got the call to come back. I have lots of pics and will post them in my Rolex 24 photo tread late tonite.
I'm truly looking forward to that!!!!!

Go Billy, go ;^D

Brian

Very cool Bob, looking forward to seeing them !

yea that was weird....I knew his Turner car took a dump,so that was it...then near the end I see B Johnson listed as car 77 in dp and he was running 7th.Very deep field this year,good to see the R8 and 458 running.

Ninth place out of fifty is not bad at all. Good job billy!

My bad i was reading the results off speedtv.....just talked to billy and he corrected me also......doh! :p

What were the announcers going on and on about with Marco Andretti flying in to drive a track and a car he had never driven, after the race was already running, and at night besides? I thought that was also the Suntrust #77, or did I hear that wrong? (It was so loud I really couldn't hear the commentary on the PA system at the track.)

Great job, Billy! Let's hope this is only stepping stone to even better things for you.

Last edited:
Back