• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KennethSK's 93 EDM NSX "Build"

It is nice to see that you guys like what I do.

This weekend I have spent many hours working on the car and also got some help from a good friend with the engine.
So now the engine has been finished, it now has new cooling hoses, LMAs, waterpump, plugs, timingbelt and the valves are adjusted.

2012-05-13202227.jpg

The driveshafts have finally been finished and have now new cv boots and grease.
I must say they look alot better now then when I removed them from the car :)

2012-05-13202241.jpg

Shouldn't be so long before I can start putting the engine back in the car now :D

The driveshafts look great. I'm looking forward to seeing future updates once you get the engine back in.

Thank you for that, it is always fun to get positive feedback :)

Since SOS came out with the clutch damper delete kit and I am just about to install their sport clutch so I had to get the kit. Sounded like a good idea.

damper_delete_800.jpg

I am also considering buying some Rigid Collars from Spoon as I think the theory of the product sounds good. Don't know anyone who have tested this product so it should be fun testing it.

Will be starting to install the engine soon so then there will be more updates then.

Since work is killing me and my wife has had an operation on her foot so I have to take care of the kids, so now the only time I have to working very late days to get the car done.

But there have been some progress.

The SOS sports clutch is installed

2012-05-24221206.jpg

And the transmission is installed for the secound time, first time I forgot to install the clutch release fork :p

2012-05-28010719.jpg

2012-05-28010737.jpg

Have also done alot of cleaning of the parts and bolts for the engine, borrowed an ultrasoundcleaner from work to get the bolt cleaned up and that worked great.
Things are going alot slower than I wan't but it will be worth it when I'm done.

Here is a little bonus, this is the car owned by one of the guys I share the garage with.
It is an old Honda Accord with an F20B engine(very rare), ITBs, custum Bisimoto cams and header.
He is also doing a wiretuck to get the enginebay really clean looking.
(Sorry for the bad photo)

2012-05-28010747.jpg

Last edited:
Time for new update!

The engine is in the car, must say that this is the easiest engineinstall I have ever done. Are still alot of things to do but things are moving forward.

2012-06-09175621.jpg

My new dampers and springs are in place:

2012-06-11224713.jpg

And this is the result of my shopping yesterday:

2012-06-11223652.jpg

2012-06-11223641.jpg

Will be flushing the coolingsystem a few times before I put in the new coolingfluid, I want to remove as much of the old fluid as I can.

Have also orderd a set of Enkei RPF1 in 17/18 with Direzza Star Spec tires for the car.

Hope to have the car done within this month but time will tell if I can make it.

And the transmission is installed for the secound time, first time I forgot to install the clutch release fork

I cannot tell you how many times I've forgotten some key component just as I was tightening that last bolt :biggrin: I remembered. "Ah Crap!".../cry

I cannot tell you how many times I've forgotten some key component just as I was tightening that last bolt :biggrin: I remembered. "Ah Crap!".../cry

Hehe, I have to admit that this isn't the first time for me either.
Had one like this when I tried to install the driveshafts yesterday also :p

EDIT: Just had to put this one in, my friend is having fun with his new investment hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2azkQ_33DKg&feature=g-upl

Last edited:
Now you are getting to drive your dream car around. I'm sure you are very happy every time you get behind the wheel. Congrats! I look forward to the day that I get mine.

Nice work. Its too bad she was driven in the winter on wet roads. I sold my crx and my r1 to get my nsx. But now still found another clean crx and looking to buy prime members crx that he fully restored and bought parts from me towards his restore. looking forward to it. Your car turned out great. I will be pulling my engine soon once my car lift is in. Its taking a while because i had to replace walls in the garage and new electric service upgrade.

I will need sand blast some of my parts to power coat them.

How did these Rigid Collar work out for you? You are the only person I've seen use them and I am very curious as to whether they made any difference at all?

Thanks and nice work!

Thank you :)

I have been waiting the last days for some parts but today they finally arrived.
It is a set of Rigid Collars from Spoon:

2012-06-22183842.jpg

2012-06-22183818.jpg

Getting the car on the road is taking alot longer than I hoped but I am very close to startup now.

Looks great, how did track day workout

How did these Rigid Collar work out for you? You are the only person I've seen use them and I am very curious as to whether they made any difference at all?

Thanks and nice work!

Thanks, have been on the track two times this seson and I have driven 2500 miles without any problems :)
Probably are going to get a front Type R swaybar during the winter to make it easier to drive fast with som new endliks and most likely some other stuff also.
Regarding the rigid collars I have only installed the rear ones, they where easy to install.
Before I installed them I saw that the subframe bolt where not centered in the holes but after install they where perfect.
I did so many things with the car together with this upgrade that I don't know how big effect it has, probably not alot but I like the theory about it.

The car is now back in storage but I can't wait for next season.

Here is some pictures:

P1000169.jpg

P1000172.jpg

20121011_141309.jpg

On the way to a trackday with alot of Mazda Miatas:

20120922_110238.jpg

Hi,
It's time for a update :)

The car has been in storage since october but I had a couple of short drives when the wheather has been good.

Its now a few months until the I can take the car out from storage but I have some stuff that needs fixing and some upgrades that I have to install first. So I need to get started soon...

But first some pictures:

Last picture before the car got parked for the winther

20121011_141247-1.jpg

Picture of the car in storage

20121011_214006-1.jpg

One of the car after a little fun in the snow

20121222_150755.jpg

Some of the parts I have changed

20121110_150152.jpg

Some of the parts that are waiting to get installed

20130116_182217.jpg

20130116_182347.jpg

And one from the seasons last trackday :)

honda2.jpg

Hope the summer comes soon....

Last edited:
This is great picture.

Hehe you got right there, more new parts on the way.
Got the first of two packages from SOS yesterday, downforce intake, brakelines, oem expansiontank and some more. Have started making the car ready for next season but doing work in a barn during winter is very cold (5 degrees fahrenheit).

Some pictures this time also:

20130207_200433_zpsf4b39a18.jpg

20130207_192950_zpsace5e530.jpg

20130208_183832_zps1852598a.jpg

20130208_183905_zps8be1ec75.jpg

Thats all for this time

Back