• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KennethSK's 93 EDM NSX "Build"

Car looks great. Great job man!

Thanx, I do the best to get the car perfect.
My wishlist is very long but some 2002 sideskirt, valence, taillight and a paintjob is on the top.

But first all the existing problems have to be fixed, the alternator is not good, ac is not working, stereo is not working, the cooling tank is broken, the steering has some slack but all this should be fixed before the summer gets here.

Great job getting all the maint. items done! Looks great as well.

I'm sorry if I missed it. But I saw you have 17/18 wheels. What are the widths and offsets of them?

THanks

Since my wife and kids have gone on holiday I have alot of spare time to do work on my car.
This weekend I have installed the downforce intake, sos brakelines and the front set of Spoon Rigid Collars(Rear installed earlier).
Have finally got it confirmed that the motors for the ac fans are ready to be replaced, both are rusted to pieces.

Here are some pictures from the install of the rigid collars.

Pictures of the parts:

P1000481_zpsb8a7b167.jpg

P1000488_zps53063a46.jpg

Front suspension lowered:

P1000486_zps251e800f.jpg

Collars in place:

P1000492_zps3506c2ee.jpg

Here you see how off center the bolts where:

P1000489_zps6db162db.jpg

And this last picture, an artphoto of the suspension :)

P1000480_zps0d5fce4d.jpg

Still have alot to do but the car should be ready when the snow goes away in april/may.

Hi,

how much did those rigid colars costed?? front and rear, and where did you bought them?

Nice car and nice attention to detail... congrats :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Had a few hours to spare today so I used them to work on my car.
The front bumber was removed and the job with installing the NSX-R chassis brace started.
It was an quite easy task but it took some time.

Before

20130302_170545_zps515ae8c3.jpg

20130302_171950_zpse882300e.jpg

Also started the jobb with changing the motors for the AC fans but that was not easy, didnt have the time to finish today so have to do the rest later.

Here is a picture of the sad state of the motor on one of the fans:

20130302_174712_zps933837bb.jpg

Over the weekend my NSX-R engine cover will arrive, cant wait to get it. It will look awesome on the car :)

Take care, guys!

Last edited:
Just wanted to make a list over the current setup on the car, so her it comes:

Wheels: Enkei RPF1
Tires: Dunlop Star Specs
Dampers: Bilstein HD
Springs: OEM
Swaybar Front: NSX-R
Swaybar Rear: OEM 93 spec
Endlinks: Cedar Ridge Adjustable Stabilizer Bar End Links
Front chassis brace: NSX-R
Chassis strengthening: Spoon Rigid Collars
Brake pads: Project Mu Street pads
Brake lines: SOS braided
Brake discs: SOS Centric premium
Brake fluid: ATE Superblue
Clutchkit: SOS Sport 350 Clutch & Flywheel Kit + Clutch Damper Delete & Slave Hose Kit
Intake: OEM with downforce scoop
Exhaust: Oem Headers + cats and ARK DT-S

Must admit this list was alot longer than I thought, think its time to slow down for a while now.
Hope summer gets here soon so I can test the latest upgrades.

Since the car is "finished" I wanted to share some recent photos with you guys :)

Here is how the fans looked when I was done

Newly overhauled steeringrack

New brakediscs, brakelines and inner fenders

My new engine cover

Also installed NSX-R braces and swaybar in the front

Since the batterytray didnt look very nice I got it powdercoated black

Hope you enjoy the update :)
Got some new centercaps for my RPF1s today

Very nice job!! I like how you do all your own work!

How much did refurbishing ur steering rack cost? I feel that I may need to do the same soon or at east look at the toe links and see if replacing those might fix the little but of looseness I feel.

holy geez. that looks amazing you love your NSX just like the rest of us. nothing compares

Very nice job!! I like how you do all your own work!

How much did refurbishing ur steering rack cost? I feel that I may need to do the same soon or at east look at the toe links and see if replacing those might fix the little but of looseness I feel.

Im sorry but I dont remember how much the refurb was, if I had to guess I would say 500usd ish.

holy geez. that looks amazing you love your NSX just like the rest of us. nothing compares

Love my car, but it has a long way to go before it is the way it should be. Im sorry to say that I may be selling my nsx because I need a car that can be used summer and winter, dont want to use the nsx during the Norwegian winter. Havent decided yet what to do....

Very nice build! I love it.

Thanx :)

Love my car, but it has a long way to go before it is the way it should be. Im sorry to say that I may be selling my nsx because I need a car that can be used summer and winter, dont want to use the nsx during the Norwegian winter. Havent decided yet what to do....

I hope you will find a way to keep it, I don't think this car may possibly have a better home :).

Package from Science of Speed arrived today, it feels like xmas :)
Had big plans for the NSX with new sideskirts, 2002+ rear valence and NSX-R wing but changed my mind, instead I want to fix some minor stuff that have been bugging me.
Had a burnmark on one of the buttons in the centreconsole, the taillight centerpiece was not looking good, the gearknob was to high after install of type s gearknob and wanted to dress up the engine some. Also got some airducts for some better brakecooling.

Have one more project, are going to refresh some 94+ oem wheels that will go on the car. Just need some blasting to remove the chrome and some powdercoating. The Enkei RPF1s look good but want the oem look and offset.

Great thread. Congrats on the build. I love the red.

Great thread. Congrats on the build. I love the red.

Thanx, I love this car!
Finally got it out for some proper driver yesterday, have been stored since october so it was great to get to use it.
Cant wait to get my new parts installed and also the parts that I have serviced during the winter, hopes that everything works :)

That's so awesome that the sellers were willing to hold the car for you. You lucked out, man. The perfect NSX!

Back