• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KennethSK's 93 EDM NSX "Build"

Hello guys,
I have been browsing this forum for about 10 years now but have only been a NSX owner for a few months.
This summer I sold my 98 ITR and changed it for a 93 Red/Blk EDM NSX.

My car is one of two NSXs that are sold from a Honda dealer(a 91 and a 93 modell), there are about 40 cars in the country but they are mostly imported.
I got the car from the widow of a 78 year old man who had owned the car 13 years.

This is some pictures from when I looked at it the first time, me and my father drove about 900km to view and testdrive it. Here are some pictures from the day.

18062011025.jpg

18062011026.jpg

18062011021.jpg

I had to sell my ITR before I could buy it so we had to drive the long way home without the car but I had made the deal to buy it.
Even tough I didn't have enough money to pay for the car they reduced the price so that I could because they a real enthusiast to own it.
The old man had loved the car and they wanted someone to take good care of it :)
I had several big challenges with selling my old car but they waited even tough they had other buyers that wanted to pay alot more.
It was a dream come true, the widow was sure that the car was ment for me.
Here is a picture of the obligatory handshake picture when the deal was done:

01082011190.jpg

I even got a good hug from the seller :)

01082011191.jpg

Now a little info on the car.
It is a 1993 NSX in red/black that is totaly stock as far as I know.
The car has been a daily driver summer and winter, because of this there are alot of rust on the steel parts. It has been driven about 96000 km.
Since the old man was sick alot the last years the cars had not got alot of TLC so there are some things to sort out.
The most important problems are:
-the clutch don't work
- timing belt is very old
- ac fans are broken
- stereo don't work
- missing alot of needed services

I have already got alot of parts from SOS, Dali and some user on Prime so I should have what I need to get this car running perfect again.

Alot of OEMparts: timingbelt, waterpump, filters, pluggs, waterhoses+++
2011-10-27175512.jpg

OEM front lip
2011-10-29130504.jpg

New/used rear swaybar with brackets because the one on the car was broken and the brackets where rusted
2012-01-24205229.jpg

New/used doorspeakers
2012-01-24204939.jpg

SOS sports clutch
DSC_7040Small.jpg

SOS gearknob
DSC_7039Small.jpg

OEM LMAkit
DSC_7037Small.jpg

SOS damper pulley shield
DSC_7033Small.jpg

I also got this Type R coolant cover because it looks better than the white coolant tank.
2012-01-24205243.jpg

Have been working on the car for a while now but I will give you an update on that later.
Here is a picture of how it sits at he moment:
2011-11-14223352.jpg

That is all for now, thank you for watching :)

Congratulations!

I hope you will have everything up and running by the time spring comes to Norway.

looks good!
i've heard a lot about this one. i think it's the only NSX in norway that has been used as a daily all-year driver.
i love the fact that you bought it, and will give it the much needed TLC it deserves! good luck, and most likely i'lll se you sometime! :)

Looks like your well on your way to having an amazing car. Nice Work!

Congratulations!

I hope you will have everything up and running by the time spring comes to Norway.

Nice story,congrats

Thank you so much :)
I have been working in sub zero temperatures to get the car ready but there is alot to do before the spring is here.
To all you guys out there considering using your car during the winter, don't do it! On my car there is alot of rust on the steel parts, alot of them will be glass/sandblasted and powdercoated but will have to replace many of them.
Just yesterday the adjusterpulley for the ac belt broke when I tried to disassemble it and the lower bolt on the rear shockabsorber is rustet to the bushing so I have to cut them open to get it of.

But when I am finished it will be a good car again!

Nice find!

You may also want to get some new slotted brake rotors from sos because there inexpensive and your old ones may shudder under braking since they are probably original.

I LOVE this story :)

It is almost exactly the same as how I came to find my MY'93

But mine was a family friend and her husband passed two years before. I had always intended on asking to buy it but never felt comfortable...until she approached me about it.

I was ecstatic when she did and jumped on it without hesitation.

I also sold my first love to buy the NSX, it was a MY'05 s2000 USDM

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is good motivation!

When I drove the car home when I got it this summer I felt that the steering wasn't as it should be so I had to fix it.
This should fix the problem I think :D

2012-02-08194735.jpg

Have been checking my options with the stuck damperbolt and think I have come to a conclusion.
It is very hard to drill the stuck bolt out and the dampers are almost twenty years old so I am considering buy some Bilstein B6 HD dampers and a new set of OEM string or a set of Zanardi springs.
That should be a good setup, I had the same dampers on my ITR and they were great.

Thanks to Mark at Dali Racing I have now a set of new set of Bistein HD dampers and a set of used OEM springs on the way. :biggrin:
Can't wait for the snow to go away so that I can testdrive this car proberly.
When I bought it the clutch was gone and the timingbelt was 13 years old so I drove it as carefull as possible. I just drove it home, gave it a good wash and put it in the garage. I didn't dare to drive it any more because of the timingbelt...

This is the result of the stuck damperbolt, had to sacrifice the damper to get access with the tools needed to remove it.
I used alot of hours with a tiny powertoll with cutdisc but finaly I got it loose without breaking anything else.
Here is the picture of the leftovers hehe

2012-03-04214950.jpg

I have now received the parts from Dali so the handling should be great when it on the road again. Bilstein HD dampers and some lightly used oem springs will do a good job I think :)
But I can't decide if I am going to run it on lower perch or the oem hight...

Finally a little progress again :)
Since our easter holiday was cancelled due to bad wheather I am spending my vactation doing work on my car.

Have finally got the engine out of the car but I must say it was scary lifting the car over the engine but it was done without any problems.

The gearbox is now of and have started changing the clutch, after that I will start with the timingbelt, waterpump and the LMAs.

Since the axels and rear calipers where full of rust I sand/glassblasted them at work and they will get a nice coat of paint before they get an overhauling.

I should also have cleaned the engine and the suspensionparts but don't have any water in the garage so I need some way of cleaning without using water. Does someone have any good ideas?

Here are some pictures:

IMAG0147.jpg

2012-04-04173038.jpg

2012-04-04173029.jpg

The axels and calipers before blasting:

2012-03-31114217.jpg

My new dampers and springs:

2012-04-02184556.jpg

I liked this, magnesium:

2012-04-04173425.jpg

Since I am working way to much the NSX don't get much attention.
I have also been having some trouble getting parts but I have it under control now :)

Have sandblasted the axels now and painted them black but only have picture of them after balsting. I will probably change the cv boots this weekend.
Here is the picture after blasting, I will post a new picture when the boots are changed.
They don't look very nice in this picture but will be alot nicer when I'm done.

2012-04-18194855.jpg

Did get a new shipment of parts a few days ago, so now I got a new cluch slave cylinder, a new fuelpump resistor, oil pan gasket, some new parts for the ac belt adjuster pulley, adjuster for the timingbelt, some nuts and pins for the rear suspension, pcv valve and some other small things.
I had some trouble getting a new abs sensor but was recommended to use the one from the newer NSX so it is in the mail.

2012-05-05130741.jpg

A friend of mine has an ARK DT-S exhaust that he wants me to buy, it is a little expensive for the moment but it is very tempting.
It needs some cleaning but is in perfect condition.

IMG_2566_2.jpg

I really want some new wheels since the OEM ones don't look very good.
Don't know exacly what I wan't but found these from Enkei that I like very much, they are also lite and don't cost a fortune.
What do you guys think?

gtc01-large.jpg

That's all for this time :)

Just a suggestion until you buy wheels, remove the center caps of the fat 5's and either paint or powder coat the wheels black. Several members have done it and it looks pretty good while you wait to get other wheels. You can also use the fat 5's for track wheels in the future if desired.

Just a suggestion until you buy wheels, remove the center caps of the fat 5's and either paint or powder coat the wheels black. Several members have done it and it looks pretty good while you wait to get other wheels. You can also use the fat 5's for track wheels in the future if desired.

Hehe, that was exactly my plan. Don't think that I am going to paint them.
I have two sets so maybe I will do something special to my trackset, maybe paint them the same color as the spare wheel :D

Thank you so much, if i had more money I would do more. But for now this is all I can afford.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I say that everyday brother...

If I was a billionaire I am pretty sure I'd have a 1700 HP race-ready carbon composite NSX with ceramic brakes and a custom cashmere interior to the tune of $600k.... and still be looking for the next mod. LOL

I say that everyday brother...

If I was a billionaire I am pretty sure I'd have a 1700 HP race-ready carbon composite NSX with ceramic brakes and a custom cashmere interior to the tune of $600k.... and still be looking for the next mod. LOL

:eek: I'm right there with you

Back