• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KennethSK's 93 EDM NSX "Build"

Hi, time for a little update:)

The first is that my speedocluster has got a facelift

Before:

After:

New mats have been bought but not installed:

New seats have also been bought but not installed, will be used with Science of speed mounts/sliders:

Can't wait to get the parts in the car but are waiting for my Carbon 6 balljoint and a abs sensor to be installed.

The Carbon 6 ball joints are installed and the car feels great, the front end is very tight and no knocking noise.
Since I live in Norway the most practical way to install them was to use a local tech so I got the four ball joints shipped to me. What I did not notice when I received them was that a spline on a ball joint was to big, this made the install a lot more difficult and costly than planned. The tech installed three the first time and had to reinstall one of the old ones. Next time he had to pull apart one of the new joints to be able to replace the old one that had been installed temporary.
Not very happy with this because the extra cost after all the problems was hard on the wallet.
But I have to say that Jeff at Carbon 6 tried his very best to get a new part to me as fast possible, so I am happy with that.

The other thing I had to do was to remove my old knock bush and replace with a new one since the old one was not tight enough som there was still some knock when going over bumps in the road, but so far it seems this problem is solved :)

Here are the photographic evidence of the problem, sadly I did not notice the problem when the pictures where taken the day before the install:

It is some very nicely engineered parts so they deserve some extra pictures:

And one picture from last years drive thru some beutifull scenery :)

Last edited:
Finally finished the install of the steering wheel and the seats, look great but I need the Type R seatbelt locks because the oem ones digs into my hip.

Steering wheel, not quite done with the install here but are done now :)

Karo mats and seat before steering wheel change

Close up of the seats, Recaro Pole Position in black alcantara and custom grey stiching and logo

The first proper test of the seats is done, I did drive 650 km (403 miles) in one day on roads with lots of curves and the asfalt had everything from very bad to very good quality.
After the first two hours my back complained a little but after a break the problem was gone for the rest of the drive. Must say the seats make you feel a lot more connected to the car and it also make it more like a proper sport/race-car and I really like that :)
Got the Science of Speed sliders but they are not made for the ABE version of the recaro pole position seats so I can only install them at the highest setting without the seat rubbing against the sliders. Think I have to experiment a litte to get them a little lower in the back.
All in all very happy with my new seats and also the steering wheel.

I really love the mods you have chosen for the car, especially the seats which look perfect. Looks like a joy to drive, and those views are just epic. Makes me want to drive mine more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really love the mods you have chosen for the car, especially the seats which look perfect. Looks like a joy to drive, and those views are just epic. Makes me want to drive mine more!!

Thanks, I am very happy with the seats. They make the car alot more fun to drive.
I am lucky to live in a country with a lot of amazing roads, just want to drive as much as possible.
You should drive it, it is what it is made for :)

Have been looking for new tires to replace my Michelin Pilot Sports 3 (205/45-16 & 245/45-16) that I currently have on the car.
Don't feel that these tires are right for the car as it feels like it have a delay on turn in and are unstable at hard breaking, for normal driving they work very good but on curvy roads they don't give me the confidence I need.

Are running on the 16/17 oem wheels so there is not alot of choices out there, after some research I have found three good options:
- Advan AD08R 215/45-16 & 245/40-17
- Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R 205/45-16 & 245/40-17
- Bridgestone Potenza RE-010 215/45-16 & 245/40-17 (OEM Tires)

My first choice was the Advans because of the performace that are alot like the OEM tires, price and they are sold in Europe. But after checking with many different tireshops and webshops I found out that the rear tires was sold out in Europe and had unknown delivery date to the dealers.

So then I went with the OEM Bridgestone tires, these are not sold in Europe so I have to import them from the USA.
Have always wanted to try these tires but the price was a bit high for my taste, since the curiosity was too big I had to find out how the NSX felt with the tires Honda made for it. So now I have one unique tire for every corner of the car on the way :)
Can't wait to try them out!

Last edited:
Time for a little review.
I know most of you probably have a image in your head when buying new stuff of how the end result will be, when I placed the order for the tires I had this image in my head.
The end result was nothing like it.
It is hard to explain but what I expected was to be more like a go-cart. Very connected, glued to the ground and a bit heavy in the handling. But what I got was a very nimble and smooth handling car that had a lot of grip, was surprised to find the car was so extremely easy to drive.
At first I was disappointed but the more I got to drive the car the more I started to love the new feel of it. Suddenly I understood the meaning of the every day supercar stuff I had heard so much about.
Don't know how many kilometers I have driven but it is many thousands and it is great.
Road and track have been tested and it performs very well on both, please don't misunderstand, these are street tires so you will find better tires for track use but considering what they are made for they worked better than expected :)

If anyone out there have got some Recaro Pole Position seats and wonder what seatbealt receiver to get, here is what I used:

Thats all for now, take care!

Last edited:
Great build thread! I'm envious of the view out of your windshield on those drive pictures. One thing I noticed is that your windshield wiper arms look faded. That's a common problem, but easy to fix. It only takes a few minutes to pop them off, do some sanding and cleaning, and then paint. I used semi-gloss black paint from a spray can and it still looks great 8 years later. Just something to consider.

Dave

Great build thread! I'm envious of the view out of your windshield on those drive pictures. One thing I noticed is that your windshield wiper arms look faded. That's a common problem, but easy to fix. It only takes a few minutes to pop them off, do some sanding and cleaning, and then paint. I used semi-gloss black paint from a spray can and it still looks great 8 years later. Just something to consider.

Dave

Hi Dave.
The windshield arms are on the to-do list this winter, it has been my plan for a long time but when I see the car I just wan't to drive :)
My window washer nozzles will also be painted since they are missing some paint.

Thank you for your advice :)

Congrats! You have a good story....don't worry too much about not being able to fix everything at once. In this way you are a lot like the rest of us - loyal owners/drivers bringing a really neat automobile back to its glorious self!

Keep up the posts - you are motivation for the rest of us!

Kyle

I hear you! I had mine apart for three years before getting it together (somewhat) this past year. I still have interior parts to reassemble and rear bodywork to finish, but that doesn't stop me from driving it!

Dave

what is the divorce rate in Norway?

can you make some pictures from the side of the seats?Will need the SOS sliders for my Pole positions as well as the acutal angle of inclination i can reach with my acutal sliders is not sufficient.Install of SOS sliders was easy? Fitment was spot on?
Finally finished the install of the steering wheel and the seats, look great but I need the Type R seatbelt locks because the oem ones digs into my hip.Steering wheel, not quite done with the install here but are done now :)Karo mats and seat before steering wheel changeClose up of the seats, Recaro Pole Position in black alcantara and custom grey stiching and logo

SOS slider install issues

can you make some pictures from the side of the seats?Will need the SOS sliders for my Pole positions as well as the acutal angle of inclination i can reach with my acutal sliders is not sufficient.Install of SOS sliders was easy? Fitment was spot on?

Had to sell the car so can't take any more pictures.
The install was easy but had some minor problems, had the ABE version of the Pole Positions and the sliders are not made for them. Because of this I could not get the seats as low as I wanted.
Also had some small adjustment issues, if the movement of the seats are slow readjust the sliders. They should be paralell to each other.
There can be rubbing issues between slider and seat som check this before install.

Could you be more priceliy ? Not as low meaning which holes of the sliders could you use ?The acutal sliders I use on driver side do only allow me to use the first, top hole of the front and back of the slider - this means the seat is low BUT not angular enough.
Had to sell the car so can't take any more pictures. The install was easy but had some minor problems, had the ABE version of the Pole Positions and the sliders are not made for them. Because of this I could not get the seats as low as I wanted.Also had some small adjustment issues, if the movement of the seats are slow readjust the sliders. They should be paralell to each other.There can be rubbing issues between slider and seat som check this before install.

Could you be more priceliy ? Not as low meaning which holes of the sliders could you use ?The acutal sliders I use on driver side do only allow me to use the first, top hole of the front and back of the slider - this means the seat is low BUT not angular enough.

If you have the ABE version you can only use the top holes and if you have the FIA version you can use all holes according to Science of Speed.
Had the same problem as you describe over, wanted the seat lower in the back but was not able to do that.
But it was not a big problem, had trips that where 5-6 hours without any issues.

Had to come by and take a look at my old build thread, really miss my dreamcar. This just shows that it is smart to stay away from women, divorce is bad shit :(

Good to see you swing by! Your build was very inspirational and helped me decide on purchasing the car. I finally bought my nsx in 2016.

Really hope to see you back in one!

Good to see you swing by! Your build was very inspirational and helped me decide on purchasing the car. I finally bought my nsx in 2016.

Really hope to see you back in one!

It is really nice to hear you got inspired by my build, thank you for telling me. It means a lot to me :)
Enjoy our car, it really is a great one.

One day I hope to get one again, but with the prices now I may have to find some other great drivers car.

Damn - using the top holes with my ABE's as well but it does not feel perfect

I know what you mean, it was so close to perfect but just needed that small adjustment to get it right.....

Last edited:
Back