• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

oem keyless entry system/remote

If your car has the factory Keyless Entry Box and you didn't get any key fobs when you bought the car, such is the case for me, you can still get new key fobs for your car through a competent Acura Parts dealer. I actually just ordered a new OE remote for my car by bringing in my VIN and code on the bottom of the keyless entry unit. The dealer has to order them from Kenwood, who programs them specifically for your car. Iin calling Kenwood myself, I did confirm that they do still sell them, but only to authorized dealers. So, long story short, I was able to order a new remote for my 93 through the local Acura dealer.!

If your car has the factory Keyless Entry Box and you didn't get any key fobs when you bought the car, such is the case for me, you can still get new key fobs for your car through a competent Acura Parts dealer. I actually just ordered a new OE remote for my car by bringing in my VIN and code on the bottom of the keyless entry unit. The dealer has to order them from Kenwood, who programs them specifically for your car. Iin calling Kenwood myself, I did confirm that they do still sell them, but only to authorized dealers. So, long story short, I was able to order a new remote for my 93 through the local Acura dealer.!

Hey NewEra, what Acura dealer did you get that key fob ordered from?

John

Hey NewEra, what Acura dealer did you get that key fob ordered from?

John

John, you can order the from Acura of Augusta in Georgia. That's who I ordered mine from some time back.

Wanted to share that I was able to reprogram a 08E61-SL0-2000-02 brain on my 91 with a random 08E61-SL0-2000-01 fob that I bought on eBay for <$20. I used the method outlined by @RedDye#9 on post #21. Figured it was worth a shot but as always, YMMV

Glad that it worked well for you. If you want a second FOB you can program it by making the circuit board match your current FOB. But I found that tedious and I only use one. If I need to replace it I will reprogram the brain.

Glad that it worked well for you. If you want a second FOB you can program it by making the circuit board match your current FOB. But I found that tedious and I only use one. If I need to replace it I will reprogram the brain.
shocked you knew how to program it. very few (including myself) have attempted and accomplished.

I am a first time NSX owner and I have a lot to learn. I have read this thread and I would like to install a keyless entry system and I have found the correct part number for my 1992 NSX but have not found any available on the web or eBay. Does anyone have a suggestion of where I might find a system?

I expect that they have been out of production for a while. I suggest that you post an add in the NSX first Gen classifieds - parts wanted to buy section to see if someone has one for sale. You will need to do a bit of homework in the NSX Wiki section to make sure that the controller you get has the correct interconnecting wire harness for your car. There was a member on this forum who was fabricating the interconnecting wiring harnesses; but, he no longer appears to be active on the forum.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Installing_Keyless_Entry

I am a first time NSX owner and I have a lot to learn. I have read this thread and I would like to install a keyless entry system and I have found the correct part number for my 1992 NSX but have not found any available on the web or eBay. Does anyone have a suggestion of where I might find a system?

If you wish, send me a PM - maybe I can help.
I have a 94 module, but no cables (except antenna) , no fobs - PN is 08E61-sl0-2000-02 (if I didn't mix up Os and 0s).
My car had the module, but no FOBs - I just bought a new module and FOBs from a member.
I've been meaning to get FOBs for this - ... but lazy.

For USDM Remotes can be reprogrammed and the receiver can learn different remotes, I've done it and it works. Search on Keyless Solved and Keyless The Truth.

Only took a worldwide COVID Holiday to figure all this stuff out.

Also, the NSX USDM keyless system was used in the following
1991, 1992,1993, 1994, 1995 Acura Legend (installed under the steering wheel).
1992, 1994 Acura Vigor
1996, 1997 Acura TL

Last edited:
Back