• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

oem keyless entry system/remote

can someone confirm that a

'92 keyless entry system brain unit
P/N: 08E61-SL0-2000-02, FCC ID: GJ808E60-02

will work with

keyless entry remote fob
P/N: 08E61-SL0-2000-01, FCC ID: GJ808E60-01

from what i've searched. the brain unit ends in 02 and remotes end in 01. is that a matching set? can someone with their '91-'92 confirm this for me. thanks!

so you have a brain with no remotes......

and you think your gonna buy some remotes off ebay and program them to work with your brain?

it wont work... don't waste your money.

some guy on prime Claims to have re-programmed some remotes to work with another brain but when you read his write-up

http://www.dgaetano.net/NSX/Keyless/Keyless.htm

he doesnt even know how he did it.
" Reprogramming the Keyless Entry Module: I'm not exactly certain how I did this, I tried a bunch of things and I wasn't very systematic about it. But basically I think the jumper clears the numbers out of the system, so short it (touch a paper clip across the jumper so that it shorts). Then put the switch to "Learn", make certain the doors are closed (and probably the trunk, hood, and engine bay). Turn the ignition on (you don't have to start the car, just turn it so that the electronics come on). Then punch your keyless remote a lot. To see if you got it, turn the ignition off and remove the key, then try the remote. I can't promise anything, but it worked for me. Once you have it, put the switch out of "Learn" and put everything back together. "

also, on those sites that show a picture of the exact remote you need.

when you click buy now, when their site takes you to the checkout you put your credit card in and hit go. your done.... you think
a few days later you get an e-mail from that site saying they dont have it in stock and they are going to issue a full refund to your credit card.

been there done that. tried this and tried that.
man-ed up purchased a new kit for the 1993-2003
noticed the wire harness didnt match up,
then i started creating Hand made harness to MAKE the newer kits work in my 92. heres the link
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1348184

after I found other people wanted these harness's i started making a bunch of them and selling them I just continued my thread from another incomplete thread click here for that thread.
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109139&highlight=keyless

the main players in all of this were
White92

ffffanman

UnhuZ

Sudesh

Nikey22

trust me... :biggrin:

Last edited:
Yes, it will work! (...If they are programmed together. If not, then you're probably SOL)

My NSX did not come with the keyless brain or remotes. I bought them from member JD Cross last March/April. His "for sale" thread had this picture of the unit and remotes:

attachment.php

The part numbers you mentioned are the same as his photo.

I used the brain and remotes without issue on my NSX.

Ultimately I didn't care for the keyless entry; removed it and sold it. I have an aftermarket alarm I'll install shortly.

Last edited:
Dali was able to provide me with two working remotes for my car. I have a '91. The original owner misplaced both original remotes. with the serial number of the brain, I was able to get two working remote. $75.00 each. It took a while for the first one as Kenwood did the programing. I only ordered the second, once the first worked.

Last edited:
NO it will not work.

the pic you showed are the remotes that came with that brain.

thats why it worked.

as for sending some remotes off to Kenwood then yes it will work.

as they will program them like the factory did.

the OP is wanting to buy a brain from another member and source some remotes from ebay etc. so NO it will not work...

thanks ryan, warren, shawn...there's no unanimous decision here. i guess i got myself a new paper weight. sounds like i'm better off installing an aftermarket alarm system. :smile:

White92

ffffanman

UnhuZ

Sudesh

Nikey22

trust me... :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Is so nice to be noticed..... and yes he is correct it will not work, the Dali option is possible, although I don't know why he wants your cars' VIN #??!?!...

thanks ryan, warren, shawn...there's no unanimous decision here. i guess i got myself a new paper weight. sounds like i'm better off installing an aftermarket alarm system. :smile:

I'd suggest an aftermarket alarm anyways. The OEM keyless entry system is dated and leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't even flash the lights to confirm when you lock or unlock via the remote.

Guys

Please don't offer opinions on stuff not working unless you have firsthand knowlege.

I've had an OEM Keyless on my car since new.

The orig 2 remotes have worn out and been replaced 3 x with just plain old Acura keyless remotes from '92 08E61-SL0-2000-01. First 2 replacements I bought from Del Rey Acura parts in 2008, the last one I bought from:

www.originalkeyless.com

If you use the instructions they give you or the instructions referenced above, the brain "learns" the new codes from the transmitters. According to the website, that NSX brain will learn 4 different remotes at a time.

Good luck,

John

so please post the instructions for the NSX.

show me.... first hand knowledge ????

Im pretty sure I have first hand knowledge

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140311

show us the instructions you got for programing your remotes.

I would like to see them.
can program up to 4 remotes on any other honda except
the NSX.

if i am mistaken then I will stand corrected with my head hung low.

the only option is to send the brain and remotes back to Kenwood for reprogramming

I think your old remotes were worn down like you said and you purchased new ones from keylessXXXXX.com
they didnt work and you took the control board out of the old working remotes and placed them into the new remotes case.

Last edited:
99% of the links in all of the threads dont work,

but what most said was and this is classic
"The remotes for your 95 NSX is not programmable. applies to all 91-03. Sorry. :frown: (according to TSB 97-040) "

pretty much there is nothing else to say. LOL

again I stand with my head up high.

also found this in one of those threads Tyra provided

The Keyless Entry System was an add-on option made by Kenwood. Here is an excerpt from Acura TSB 97-040 that pertains to the NSX remotes (transmitters). This is the only way I know of to obtain a working remote. (Note the different Acura models this TSB applies to, indicating parts interchangeability between the models. Remember, it is an add-on option by Kenwood, and is not NSX-specific.)

1991–03 NSX with dealer-installed keyless entry system
1991–95 Legend with dealer-installed keyless entry system
1992–94 Vigor with dealer-installed keyless entry system
1996–97 2.5TL with dealer-installed keyless entry system

Programming the Transmitter - This transmitter is not programmable. Ordering a Transmitter Transmitters can be ordered directly from Kenwood USA only by authorized Acura dealers. Send a completed order form (copy it from the Accessory Replacement Parts section of the Dealer Parts Price List) along with a dealer check for $30.00 (payable to Kenwood U.S.A. Corp.) to this address:

Kenwood Service Corp.
P.O. Box 22745
Long Beach, CA 90801-5745

On the order form, you must include the serial number of the keyless control unit or the number from one of the original transmitters. If you need a transmitter shipped overnight, fill out the order form, then call Kenwood at (800) 852-4690, or fax
them at (310) 898-1029 (weekdays from 8:30 A.M. thru 4:00 P.M. Pacific time). You will need to give the information on the order form to the Kenwood representative. The transmitter will be sent to your dealership COD. Additional shipping and handling
charges will be applied to the order.

Batteries for the Transmitter - The battery number is CR1220. Each transmitter uses two batteries.

Bringing this old thread back from the dead. I was surprised to find out my car never had a keyless entry system from the factory and I would like to install one. I am an OEM type guy and would like to install an OEM keyless entry system. From what I gathered above, while there seems to be a lot of conflicting input if I track down a brain I can buy new transmitters from Kenwood that will be programmed to work with the brain that I acquire. Is there a harness necessary or anything else for this install?

Bringing this old thread back from the dead. I was surprised to find out my car never had a keyless entry system from the factory and I would like to install one. I am an OEM type guy and would like to install an OEM keyless entry system. From what I gathered above, while there seems to be a lot of conflicting input if I track down a brain I can buy new transmitters from Kenwood that will be programmed to work with the brain that I acquire. Is there a harness necessary or anything else for this install?

Yes, if you acquire a keyless entry module you will need to have the requisite harness. There should already be a chassis harness present so it should be plug and play. You can go to the Acura dealer and have them order a transmitter from Kenwood, should take about a week. Mine cost $100 for one. I'm still waiting on my wire harness from Shawn so that I may install mine :)

I have some spare brains for the NSX and I can make the harness for you car. let me know if you want the setup.

you would only need to contact Kenwood and get a new remote to match you brain.

so you have a brain with no remotes......

and you think your gonna buy some remotes off ebay and program them to work with your brain?

it wont work... don't waste your money.

some guy on prime Claims to have re-programmed some remotes to work with another brain but when you read his write-up

http://www.dgaetano.net/NSX/Keyless/Keyless.htm

he doesnt even know how he did it.
" Reprogramming the Keyless Entry Module: I'm not exactly certain how I did this, I tried a bunch of things and I wasn't very systematic about it. But basically I think the jumper clears the numbers out of the system, so short it (touch a paper clip across the jumper so that it shorts). Then put the switch to "Learn", make certain the doors are closed (and probably the trunk, hood, and engine bay). Turn the ignition on (you don't have to start the car, just turn it so that the electronics come on). Then punch your keyless remote a lot. To see if you got it, turn the ignition off and remove the key, then try the remote. I can't promise anything, but it worked for me. Once you have it, put the switch out of "Learn" and put everything back together. "

also, on those sites that show a picture of the exact remote you need.

when you click buy now, when their site takes you to the checkout you put your credit card in and hit go. your done.... you think
a few days later you get an e-mail from that site saying they dont have it in stock and they are going to issue a full refund to your credit card.

been there done that. tried this and tried that.
man-ed up purchased a new kit for the 1993-2003
noticed the wire harness didnt match up,
then i started creating Hand made harness to MAKE the newer kits work in my 92. heres the link
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1348184

after I found other people wanted these harness's i started making a bunch of them and selling them I just continued my thread from another incomplete thread click here for that thread.
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109139&highlight=keyless

White92

ffffanman

UnhuZ

Sudesh

Nikey22

trust me... :biggrin:

I used your instructions and was able to program my 08E61-SP1-2000-02. However I could not clear the current setting by shorting the jumper. I don't think that works. I tried to clear it and program it again to have the steps down but could not clear the brain by shorting the jumper. Here are the steps I used.

1. Flip the internal switch to "Learn" (you have to unscrew the housing first)
2. Turn the ignition to on (you don't have to start the engine)
3. Push the unlock button (I held it down for 10 seconds and also pushed about 10 time in rapid order) Not certain if there is a combination
4. Turn off the ignition and test the FOB transmitter. (it worked immediately for me)
5. Flip the Learn switch off
6. Put the housing back together and mount

It's working like a champ. I do notice that the car will automatically lock after 30 seconds of being unlocked. Not certain why. Also the alarm does not engage. This could be because it is not connected or I have one of the diodes in the wiring harness backwards.

For the wiring harness I used UnhuZ diagram from here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/medium/Circuit.jpg

I didn't have the male plug that connects to the NSX. I used a Green plug from a Honda wiring harness (part no. 32257-SR3-0003-A) to connect the brain. For the male connection I just used Crimp Male Pins. I flattened out the ends to fit the Female connector on the NSX. I used duct tape to secure them. This will allow me to replace my DIY with an OEM harness if I ever find one. You can just cut the NSX female connector and replace it with a different one if you want to have male/female that match.

As for the diodes in the diagram they are Sumitomo 1.5A400v. 2 3pin & 1 2pin. I bought my diodes from Mouser.com You don't have to use the ones from the OEM harness as long as the diode configuration is the same.

2pin
625-GP15G-E3
GP15G-E3/54
400 Volt 1.5 Amp

3pin
576-S402ES
S402ES
1.5 Amp

If you can solder, you can make a wiring harness for yourself. This was the hardest, maybe impossible part find. The brain cost $25 from a 94 Acura Legend. The FOB was $15. Both were bought on eBay as well as the Honda wiring harness used for the green plug ($8).

Not bad for <$50 in parts seeing how the dealer said it couldn't be done :)

Last edited:
I used your instructions and was able to program my 08E61-SP1-2000-02. However I could not clear the current setting by shorting the jumper. I don't think that works. I tried to clear it and program it again to have the steps down but could not clear the brain by shorting the jumper. Here are the steps I used.

As for the diodes in the diagram they are Sumitomo 1.5A400v. 2 3pin & 1 2pin. I bought my diodes from Mouser.com You don't have to use the ones from the OEM harness as long as the diode configuration is the same.

2pin
625-GP15G-E3
GP15G-E3/54
400 Volt 1.5 Amp

3pin
576-S402ES
S402ES
1.5 Amp

If you can solder, you can make a wiring harness for yourself. This was the hardest, maybe impossible part find. The brain cost $25 from a 94 Acura Legend. The FOB was $15. Both were bought on eBay as well as the Honda wiring harness used for the green plug ($8).

Not bad for <$50 in parts seeing how the dealer said it couldn't be done :)
Good job!! So you were able to get different serials programed together?

And I am assuming qcomp would not send you he samples of the diodes you needed.

You may have to disconnect the unit from power and short the jumper to clear it.

I haven't bought a second FOB transmitter yet, but plan to and use your method of reprogramming them. I found that the jumper did not clear the brain at all. I tried several things including disconnecting the unit, shorting it with car off, then turning it on and off several times. I wanted to get the programming sequence right. What I found was that if the switch is in learn mode it will pick up a new FOB. I will try it again when I get a new FOB before I reprogram it to match my current one.

Thanks for your help!

I haven't bought a second FOB transmitter yet, but plan to and use your method of reprogramming them. I found that the jumper did not clear the brain at all. I tried several things including disconnecting the unit, shorting it with car off, then turning it on and off several times. I wanted to get the programming sequence right. What I found was that if the switch is in learn mode it will pick up a new FOB. I will try it again when I get a new FOB before I reprogram it to match my current one.

Thanks for your help!
Ah ok, My unit would not work with the matching remote either, I just flipped the switch, turned the ignition on, and hit the lock button a few times. turned the key off and it worked.
The locks will relock after 30 seconds unless you open the door.
I read about how you figured out what the sticker number represented, pretty slick.

Back