• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

PROSPEED RDX INJECTOR & ECU ROM TUNE KIT!

INFORMATION:

After months of testing and hours of dyno tuning we are proud to introduce one of the best bang for the buck mod for your naturally aspirated NSX. The NSX from the factory comes with 240cc injectors... quite small for the displacement of the NSX. As with most Honda injectors the NSX injectors from the factory run high duty cycles stock and in this case if you do any exhaust modifications such as headers, test pipe/high flow cats and exhaust it will cause leaner conditions. The best way to resolve that issue is to either raise the fuel pressure or install larger injectors and that's where the RDX injector comes in.

The RDX injector is a popular mod in the B/H/K community for people looking for a reliable and affordable injectors for their turbo or high hp N/A build. The RDX 410cc injector is a modern injector with an excellent spray pattern which helps with the combustion process. The injector also offers excellent idle characteristics thanks to an increase in control of the injector.

Dropping in larger injectors is only recommended if you have an aftermarket engine management system or our new Prospeed RDX Spec program. Your car will not idle or start if you install larger injectors without adjusting for the size with your engine management. The Prospeed RDX Spec program is custom tailored for the RDX 410cc injector. We have spent hours on the dyno to fine tune it and now we have a perfect alternative to a AEM FIC or AEM EMS. The RDX Spec program idles like the factory injectors and produces some serious hp and torque gains.

It's time to get rid of your 20+ year old injectors and install an easy plug and play "bolt on" mod for your NSX. Next to headers and exhaust nothing comes close in terms of bang for the buck in the performance category for N/A NSX owners.

CREDIT:

I want to give credit where it is due... Give L_RAO props for taking the initiative to purchase and test the RDX injectors. His contributions is valuable to our community. I also want to give thanks to Sr5guy for his technical knowledge and expertise... With his help we were able to resolve the VTEC fueling issue. expect more from him soon... Thanks Matt! Lastly I want to give Bisi props for his tuning prowess... It allowed us to perfect the RDX Spec program.

DETAILS

We offer the complete kit for your 91-94 NSX both automatic and manual NSX's are supported.

Prospeed RDX injectors & RDX Spec Program kit includes:

-6 New factory sealed Acura RDX injectors.
-6 OBD-1 to RDX injector harnesses and top hats for injectors and bypass plug.
-1 PROSPEED RDX SPEC ECU ROM tune service. You will need to send your ecu to us to reprogram your ecu.

We also offer the RDX injectors and install kit for your 95-05 NSX both manual and automatic.

The kit includes an AEM FIC with harness adapter for plug and play operation. You will need to come in for tuning. PM for details.

PRICES & ADDITIONAL INFO.:

$425 for injectors and installation kit only.

$349 for Prospeed RDX Spec ECU service.

-RDX Spec 1 (I,H)
-RDX Spec 2 (I,H,E)
-RDX Spec 3 (I,H,TP,E)

-If you purchase the Injectors/Installation kit with the RDX Spec ECU service it is only $749 shipped.

-If you are a previous customer you will get a discount and if you are an original customer of any Prospeed ROM tune stages or service the upgrade is only $100!
So you would only need the injectors and installation kit! (second hand ROM tune owners will get a discounted rate as well PM for details)

-If you have a 95 to 05 NSX our RDX injectors and installation kit will work for you. You will need a AEM FIC or AEM EMS and you will need to have it tuned for the larger 410cc injectors. We offer both the AEM FIC and AEM EMS... PM me for prices.

-All NSX's who upgrade to larger injectors will need to have our ECU ROM tune or aftermarket engine management system if not your car will not be able to run.

UPDATE
-We will be carrying Injector Dynamic Injectors for those supercharged and boosted guys wanting a superior Injector! We have the Installation kit's for them as well PM me for prices.

ID 725cc and ID1000cc injectors are available!

RDX Injectors and Installation kit! (bypass plug not pictured)

RDXkit1.jpg

WHY THE RDX INJECTOR?:

-Brand new Modern OEM injectors vs your 20 year old injectors.
-410cc at approx. 38 psi vs 240cc (Stock) which is enough fuel for a 350hp NSX.
-Compact light weight components which allows the injector to be responsive and idles nicely for a large injector.
-Excellent atomization which produces a more efficient combustion= more HP and fuel economy.
-Runs at a safe duty cycle vs the OEM injectors running close to 100% duty cycle! 80% is industry standard of being close to max.
-As you modify your NSX (I/H/E) your car will need more fuel and will run lean if you don't supply more fuel. The RDX 410cc is sufficient to handle it.
-Plug and play and easy to install with the Installation kit.
-Price... at about $53 retail each you can beat the price.

FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF IF YOUR FACTORY INJECTORS GOOD ENOUGH!

-Heres a link to a Fuel Injector Worksheet. Put in the NSX values of 270hp for 3.0 and 290hp for 3.2, BSFC for NA is .45 or .50, 6 injectors, and .8 Duty Cycle

FUEL INJECTOR WORKSHEET

Here is a video of the RDX injector in action. Video belongs to injectorrehab thanks.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bmy8bZHugRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a graph showing the Flow vs. Pressure for the RDX injectors. Image courtesy of INH.

screenshot016lu3.png

TESTING:

91 NSX 5 SPEED with K&N filter,Comptech Headers,Stock cat and muffler.
Dynapak Dyno

We tested the OEM ecu vs. a Stage 3 rom tune vs. RDX Spec Program and here is the results.

-The dotted green line is the OEM ecu with stock factory 240cc injectors
-The fine green line is the Prospeed ROM tune program with stock factory injectors
- The blue line is the Tuned Prospeed RDX Spec tune with Factory Acura RDX 410cc injectors

We noticed a whopping 37 ft lbs of torque increase at 4200 rpm over stock and over 16 whp on top in VTEC. A combination of a superior injector and a properly tuned ECU really helps the NSX run safer AFR with an ideal idle and part throttle drivability.

ElsaNSXPwrJan12_1fix.jpg

Here is the AFR of another 3 dyno runs, the blue run is the the AFR for the Prospeed RDX Spec ROM... Fine tuning allowed us to get to a more ideal 13.0-13.7 AFR. We are happy with the AFR as it is safe and allowed us to run a little more timing.

ElsaNSXAFRJan12fix.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit!

Sign me up, sir!!!

I have a feeling this will be a popular mod.

Last edited:

good to see, if your obd1:smile: Congrats, this will be popular along with headers and exhaust changes!

Sign me up, sir!!!

You got PM!

I have a feeling this will be a popular mod.

I feel like this is a must have mod! Get rid of your 80's technology injectors and 20 + years on them and upgrade to brand new Honda reliable modern injector! You should see improved gas mileage as well... We are testing that as I type this! =)

How about our OBDII's.

It will also work for the OBDII's however you will need at least an engine management system to control the fuel from the larger injector. An AEM FIC would work great.

good to see, if your obd1:smile: Congrats, this will be popular along with headers and exhaust changes!

Thank you! Give it some time... So far two people have it and are blown away by the power and torque especially in the mid range. The customer plans to dyno it soon for a custom tune specifically for his engine mods.

Sign me up

Are the baseline and injectors/ROM dyno with or without exhaust and headers mods?

This is great. i was following the original thread. 37 WTQ is no joke.

Seriously... I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it on the dyno! The difference is noticeable to say the least. L_RAO says it feels like having a larger displacement motor!

Sign me up

PM sent.

Are the baseline and injectors/ROM dyno with or without exhaust and headers mods?

I forgot to put the mods sorry... This is with a drop in K&N filter, Comptech headers, stock catalytic converters and Stock NA2 muffler.

So those IHE mods only netted ~245 whp on the dyno and then you still managed to a 16 whp and 37 ft-lbs? Very nice numbers indeed. I wonder what other dynos would read...

If you are a previous customer you will get a discount and if you already have an ecu done by us the upgrade is only $100!
So you would only need the injectors and installation kit!

Pm me pricing please.

Are you just sending us a new chip or do you reprogram the chip that we have?

So those IHE mods only netted ~245 whp on the dyno and then you still managed to a 16 whp and 37 ft-lbs? Very nice numbers indeed. I wonder what other dynos would read...

The mod is a drop in filter which pretty much doesn't do much and the only real mod is his comptech headers... The stock NA2 exhaust im sure is pretty close in performance to the NA1 exhaust... Wait till he throws on a taitec or a hytech exhaust ;)

245whp is pretty standard for just headers. IMO the most important thing is the difference between baseline and the final results... he could have made more or less with his baseline... as long as he's making 16whp and 37 ft-lbs =) I will be dynoing a high mileage NSX with headers, test pipes and exhaust.

Pm me pricing please.

Are you just sending us a new chip or do you reprogram the chip that we have?

If you're a previous Prospeed ROM tune owner I would need you to ship out just your chip and I'll reprogram it and ship it back with injectors and harness adapters. You only pay the upgrade fee.

Is there any improvements if this was to be designed for the 3.2L? Curious to know what the benefits would be from the OEM configuration on my 2004 to something aftermarket and what exactly it would take.

Curious to see results from others.

Also, I am interested how this would effect fuel economy. Not really a big deal, but curious nonetheless.

Is there any improvements if this was to be designed for the 3.2L? Curious to know what the benefits would be from the OEM configuration on my 2004 to something aftermarket and what exactly it would take.

Yes, I believe there are benefits. I believe the injectors are still 240cc and undersized for the NSX 3.0 and 3.2 liters. You will still benefits from the superior spray pattern of the RDX injector. You would need the injectors and installation kit and an AEM FIC or AEM EMS...

Curious to see results from others.

Also, I am interested how this would effect fuel economy. Not really a big deal, but curious nonetheless.

We are testing fuel economy right now but I believe you could see better fuel economy from the better combustion. It isn't exactly like direct injection but it's based on the same principle. Better atomization increases power and fuel economy. The 911 benefited from this when they went direct injection a few years ago. We won't know till we test it out.

What does the actual chip look like? What is the installation process like?

It's a EPROM chip that gets reprogrammed and installed into the ecu. You would need to send your ecu to us to have it socketed and modified.

I'd like to see the before and after for someone with the 3.2 do this mod and see the benefits. If that's as successful or even better, I'm very interested. Then of course, I'd want an all inclusive price to know what I need to do to have this done.

I'd like to see the before and after for someone with the 3.2 do this mod and see the benefits. If that's as successful or even better, I'm very interested. Then of course, I'd want an all inclusive price to know what I need to do to have this done.

If any 3.2 owners are interested in testing the RDX injectors with the AEM FIC or AEM EMS hit me up. I am sure the results will be similar because the principle still applies to the 3.2 engine. The main difference is the extra cost of the engine management and the tuning of it. The 91-94 NSX owners benefit from L_RAO's efforts and save themselves hundreds of dollars in dyno time.

I'm very interested in this. If I get the chip installed, is it possible to switch between stage 1-3?

I currently only have Comptech exhaust on my '93 so that would probably put me at a stage 1. But I plan on getting headers....sometime down the road. What is the cost to reflash?

How easy is it to revert to stock tune?

Thanks
Jim

I'm very interested in this. If I get the chip installed, is it possible to switch between stage 1-3?

I currently only have Comptech exhaust on my '93 so that would probably put me at a stage 1. But I plan on getting headers....sometime down the road. What is the cost to reflash?

How easy is it to revert to stock tune?

Thanks
Jim

Hi Jim,

If you're going with headers down the road which I highly recommend just go with the stage 3. Did you also want to do the rdx injector upgrade as well? The standard stage 3 tune is $249 and the RDX Spec tune is $349. It is very easy to switch between the reprogrammed tune and back to stock by swapping out the rom chip. Takes less than 5 mins.

Hi Jim,

If you're going with headers down the road which I highly recommend just go with the stage 3. Did you also want to do the rdx injector upgrade as well? The standard stage 3 tune is $249 and the RDX Spec tune is $349. It is very easy to switch between the reprogrammed tune and back to stock by swapping out the rom chip. Takes less than 5 mins.

Thanks for the prompt response. Will the stage 3 tune have any adverse effect since I don't currently have headers? I'd be worried about the tune being rich until I install the appropriate hardware right?

Thanks for the prompt response. Will the stage 3 tune have any adverse effect since I don't currently have headers? I'd be worried about the tune being rich until I install the appropriate hardware right?

It shouldn't be too bad we've tested before and it will run fine but you won't be maximizing your power till you add headers. Get headers! They make good power and are a lot lighter than stock :)

We will be back on the dyno soon to test these amazing RDX injectors at a higher PSI and see if they like the extra pressure. We will tune according to compensate for the extra increase and see if it likes it! Stay tuned guys... many new exciting products coming soon for the NSX!

I purchased the RDX injectors from Prospeed last Friday. After being at Bisimoto and witnessing L_RAO dyno his car and having seen in person what the injectors could do, I told Prospeed to get me a set ASAP! The car feels so amazing now! It feels much more gutsy, especially starting down low in the rpm range whereas before I'd really only feel the kick once the motor was already wound up. The car feels quicker now especially since the power isn't just up top but also in the midrange where I find myself rolling around in most of the time. Its definitely quicker to get up and go now as opposed to before.

I picked up the injectors from Prospeed since I'm local to him and he installed the injectors at his house on the spot. It took about 30 minutes and did not seem difficult at all. He installed the injectors and reflashed my ecu all at once and the car fires right up and idles like stock. I've done one tank's worth of fuel so far and i averaged 24 mpg, which isn't bad especially since I've been using the loud pedal more liberally just to feel the difference in power.

I'm going to visit the dyno this week to see if my car can put down numbers that are similar to what L_RAO achieved. I've baselined my car ('91 with 175k mi) with headers, test pipes, and a Pride V1 exhaust on the same dyno that L_RAO did his testing on and I put down 246whp and 187 lb/ft, so I'm very close to him on the baseline measurements. Hopefully the dyno visit can reaffirm what my butt dyno has told me so far. I definitely have high hopes for the outcome.

I threw in a couple of pictures I managed to snap during the installation process, its a pretty straightforward install and the injectors look kinda cool since they're blue. You can just catch a glimpse of them underneath the covers when everything is put together. Also notice the difference in size between the OEM injectors and the RDX injectors they are much more compact and lighter. Another nice thing is that the connectors on the RDX are much easier to install and remove, unlike the stock connectors that have the metal clip on them. There is also a picture of the bypass plug located next to the fan that never turns on.

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,353
  • IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,297
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,307
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg