• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

first of, thanks! brian. i have been running this mod in my car for almost 3 years now. it solved my start up issue, which could be dirty/old injectors. car fires up every times. torque/hp are obvious based on my butt dyno.
here are my mods:
-kn filter
-df intake scoop
-top speed headers
-stock cats
-pride v1 exhaust

do i have to get a retune if i changed my headers to pride and stock cats to resonated ones?? thanks!

Not to sure, think i received my kit a couple of months ago. I'll let you know when I'm finally reading to install it and get with you about it.

Sounds good... You should have the latest revision.... The whole new one will be coming out withing a month or so... =)

Brian. What is this new tune you are talking about? I did the upgrade over a year ago. Should I get a new version. I just got back from Laguna seca and I did notice on the uphill sections under heavy load 2 flat spots in the power curve around 5000 and 5700 rpm.

Brian. What is this new tune you are talking about? I did the upgrade over a year ago. Should I get a new version. I just got back from Laguna seca and I did notice on the uphill sections under heavy load 2 flat spots in the power curve around 5000 and 5700 rpm.

Hit me up I am getting a few cars in for custom tune with the new changes. It will be the best yet. I can clean that all up for you bud! PM me.

Hit me up I am getting a few cars in for custom tune with the new changes. It will be the best yet. I can clean that all up for you bud! PM me.

Brian, is the new tune ready =D or are you just doing a "custom" tune specifically for g3driver? xD Thanks!

Brian

My wife and I are driving the NSX to South Dakota the second week of September. Any chance of getting the new chip prior to that trip?

Mark

Here are my views and intake in regards to the ProSpeed RDX Injector uprgrade with Stage 2 Map.

So my NSX has about roughly 180K miles and it was due or a Emissions Test for my Sticker renewal for Ontario.

Just before going for my emissions I would from time to time get a random check engine light which when I checked was CEL "43" which via by our NSX manual was "Front Fuel Supply System" which further leads to Front Oxygen 02 Sensor sensor or Fuel supply system (for the love of god please don't let it be a wild goose chase with the Fuel Supply system)

Since I had my Prospeed RDX injector kit sitting in my basement since I first purchased the car ( reason why I never installed it when I first got it was I wanted to give my car a nice shakedown and as well don't want to spoil myself so quickly with so many modifications at once, i figured I would do this mod at a later date. As well I wanted to make myself appreciate my modifications more as I gradually change my car over the time.

So I tackled the install which took me about 3 hours including changing my fuel filter and cleaning up my injector ports prior to the install. Installation was pretty strait foreword with no hickups and or leaks. Started her up and let it idle as per instructions and then went on for my test drive. All I have to say was WOW! night and day difference and boy does she feel opened up! Keep in mind I still had my intermittent CEL 43 on which vary from 15-50K of driving which then became every 5K of driving after 200Km of driving. I ordered a pair of Aftermarket Denso o2 Sensors to have them replaced my old and hopefully it was my bank 1 o2 sensor was at fault and low and behold it looks like it may be the Original 02 Sensors that came with the vehicle along with bank 2 which looked it was replaced by the previous owner with a NTK. Being myself I replaced them both just to keep it consistent. along replacing the 02 sensors I also replaced my Catalytic converters with John's (DaBlackGoku1234) old ProSpeed 300cel High flow Catalytic converters which were already 20K miles old but still looked clean from the inside. After that was replaced reset my ECU and drove it once again... CEL never came back ever since, my NSX was happy and still felt strong like a Bull! no more black soot from the back of my car and she was running healthy.

But the moment of truth was the emissions test. which is one thing i dread on doing with any OBD1 car since diagnoses is never strait forward and most of the time becomes a guessing game to have a passing etest.

SHE PASSED! one shot! and if anything ran cleaner then John's car after 2 years

42815cb8-a2b7-4230-b9f8-a13d5a55a2d7_zps541cc6b4.jpg

Kudo's to Brian at ProSpeed for amazing customer service along with supplying a amazing package of products for our NSX! Couldnt be any Happier!

Modification as follows if anyone wonders

Intake : ARC intake Box
Headers: Stock
Catalytic: Prospeed 300CEL
Exhaust: Taitec Parallel JGTC
Tune: Prospeed Stage2 with RDX injector mod

Also want to know if the new tune is ready =D have been waiting for months! Let us know! I'll mail over the ECU right away when its ready ;D Thanks Brian!!

Here are my views and intake in regards to the ProSpeed RDX Injector uprgrade with Stage 2 Map.

So my NSX has about roughly 180K miles and it was due or a Emissions Test for my Sticker renewal for Ontario.

Just before going for my emissions I would from time to time get a random check engine light which when I checked was CEL "43" which via by our NSX manual was "Front Fuel Supply System" which further leads to Front Oxygen 02 Sensor sensor or Fuel supply system (for the love of god please don't let it be a wild goose chase with the Fuel Supply system)

Since I had my Prospeed RDX injector kit sitting in my basement since I first purchased the car ( reason why I never installed it when I first got it was I wanted to give my car a nice shakedown and as well don't want to spoil myself so quickly with so many modifications at once, i figured I would do this mod at a later date. As well I wanted to make myself appreciate my modifications more as I gradually change my car over the time.

So I tackled the install which took me about 3 hours including changing my fuel filter and cleaning up my injector ports prior to the install. Installation was pretty strait foreword with no hickups and or leaks. Started her up and let it idle as per instructions and then went on for my test drive. All I have to say was WOW! night and day difference and boy does she feel opened up! Keep in mind I still had my intermittent CEL 43 on which vary from 15-50K of driving which then became every 5K of driving after 200Km of driving. I ordered a pair of Aftermarket Denso o2 Sensors to have them replaced my old and hopefully it was my bank 1 o2 sensor was at fault and low and behold it looks like it may be the Original 02 Sensors that came with the vehicle along with bank 2 which looked it was replaced by the previous owner with a NTK. Being myself I replaced them both just to keep it consistent. along replacing the 02 sensors I also replaced my Catalytic converters with John's (DaBlackGoku1234) old ProSpeed 300cel High flow Catalytic converters which were already 20K miles old but still looked clean from the inside. After that was replaced reset my ECU and drove it once again... CEL never came back ever since, my NSX was happy and still felt strong like a Bull! no more black soot from the back of my car and she was running healthy.

But the moment of truth was the emissions test. which is one thing i dread on doing with any OBD1 car since diagnoses is never strait forward and most of the time becomes a guessing game to have a passing etest.

SHE PASSED! one shot! and if anything ran cleaner then John's car after 2 years

42815cb8-a2b7-4230-b9f8-a13d5a55a2d7_zps541cc6b4.jpg

Kudo's to Brian at ProSpeed for amazing customer service along with supplying a amazing package of products for our NSX! Couldnt be any Happier!

Modification as follows if anyone wonders

Intake : ARC intake Box
Headers: Stock
Catalytic: Prospeed 300CEL
Exhaust: Taitec Parallel JGTC
Tune: Prospeed Stage2 with RDX injector mod

That is awesome! appreciate giving us your results and feedback!

UPDATE

Honda has raised the prices on the RDX injectors for everyone! =(

Our complete kits now start at $795 and our kit minus tune starts at $475

It took a little less than a month for me to get this kit (RDX injectors kit with chip only, I didn't need my ECU ZIF socketed), but it was sure worth the wait. Installation was a breeze. Fuel will come out so get some rags handy.

My experience: this mod eliminated my 1-2 hesitation when shifting through the gears going WOT. RPMs also climb a little faster and I definitely feel a power increase. I'm going to the dyno on 10/7 but I've also added more mods in addition to this kit since my last dyno.

Back