• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

+1 to what illwillem just said.

Brian had to do a completely new tune because of (a) my VVIS-gutted intake manifold, and (b) my Comptech cams. He ultimately re-tweaked my O2 sensor function and my car passed smog because of it. Giant thumbs up.

I offer custom tuning services for customers local in the So Cal area. I can dial your car in on the dyno with the mods that you have using the NSX ECU. PM me if you're interested. This is especially important if you have a heavily modded or you track your NSX. If you have the standard bolt-on's the stage 3 rom does an excellent job.

Would you do a custom tune for OBD2+FIC as well? I don't mind driving down to SoCal to get the system installed and tuned.

I just want to thank Brian and Scott for installing the rdx injectors tonight. I finally got this mod done and I am so happy with the results! Driving home I definately noticed how much stronger the car felt and the 2nd gear lag that I had was so much improved. I highly recommend this mod! best bang for the buck! thanks again Brian and Scott.

anyone have idling problem with the kit? mine would drop from 1-.5k rpm from time to time. Idle is only weird when it's sitting for awhile.

Yes, it is compatible with the jdm Nsx ecus.

The idle will hunt occasionally if it's sitting for awhile but we were able to resolve most of it with our new rom tunes. In about a month or so we will have more time to focus on it but this issue doesn't happen to all of the NSX's.

Do you think my car will benefit more from this since we use higher grade gas here or hurt my power. My car as it sits with only fujisubo headers and custom exhaust with custom ram air into the stock box with drop in filter is running right at 300bhp. I know the injectors will help regardless but if your tuning for 93 octane when we run 98 I feel like I would be missing out on a little power.

Scammy I believe is also running 98 and still benefited from the upgrade. So yes, it's good. I am currently finishing up a tune specifically for the higher octane and he will be going back to test it out. If successful I can provide you with that tune :)

I run 98 and got 8 HP on top of all my other mods, get the kit you will be happy enough. (We get JDM spec cars here)
As another question came up about the idle issue, i have had the injectors in for 18 months and done numerous track days on it and i think my idle has hunted two maybe three times and then been good as gold so no issue there just every now and then you go whats it doing.
Looking forward to the update eventually tho to compare.

91, 95 and 98 octane and we can get 110 at some Gull service stations now, my car didn't like it and threw a check engine light after one day at the track using it, so back to 98 and all good.

anyone have idling problem with the kit? mine would drop from 1-.5k rpm from time to time. Idle is only weird when it's sitting for awhile.

I'm also having that issue. Seems to be getting a little better.

having same issue with the idle dropping really low almost stalling out, seems to only happen after the car has been driven and then turned off for 30-60 mins before restart.

Brian, has there been a new rom tune that helps with this since i had mine installed last year?

When I talked to him a couple of days ago he said that he has new rom tunes available (reference post #559) so I would contact him and see if you can get the new tune that he has available. I know he said that he is updating a tune for a local guy here so I don't see why he wouldn't do the same for yours.

I've had the kit installed for about 10 days now and I have to say that I LOVE this mod!!! I tip my hat off to Brian on the tune, it's really a night and day difference with throttle response on tip in and throughout the mid-range all the way up to VTEC when I can for the first time really feel the VTEC engagement point, whereas before there wasn't a huge difference going into the VTEC range with the stock tune. I love pulling to 8k all day now when and where I can, I rip into the throttle because it's such a joy to rev now!:biggrin:

My mods are as followed:

Uni-filter with stock snorkel removed
Pride Headers
HKS sport exhaust
Pride RTP (need to be installed)

I am going to dyno the car hopefully within a few weeks and post up the gains that I have obtained with this mod compared to my pre-rdx dyno I did a couple of months ago.

If someone is on the fence about this mod they shouldn't be at all!! Your missing out on untapped power that a NA NSX has in it, with new modern injectors with accompanying ECU modifications.

I'm sure overtime with more feedback from owners with this mod, Brian will be able to tweak the tune even more than he has already since the initial release of this modification.

Thanks again Brian on a great modification! And for an aging supercar (23 model years old) with low production numbers it's appreciative that we still have vendors that are willing to do something of this nature for a car that was developed when Ronald Regan was still president and the Berlin wall was still up lol..... Kinda puts things in perspective doesn't it?

If someone is on the fence about this mod they shouldn't be at all!! Your missing out on untapped power that a NA NSX has in it, with new modern injectors with accompanying ECU modifications.

More power with the RDX Injectors + tune than refreshed or new OEM Injectors + tune?

Back