• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX-R & NSX-Reventon project

Then I decided to paint the valve covers, in red like the NA2 NSX-R.
As car is to be white with black engine room, I think red valve covers were really a must for this theme :biggrin:

Valve covers usually tend to peel with mileage (and heat?), but as the car has very low mileage they were in pretty good shape, except for the dirt.
dsc02360u.jpg

Instead of removing the old paint, I decided to painted over the original one, after cleaning it the best I could, but also to keep the original texture that I really like

I found some special red paint spray, resistant to high temperature (oil can get real hot under the covers), that will not react with oem paint!
dsc02361jv.jpg

It took me about 4 layers to get the final result, as painting over black color requires more paint

The part must then be placed in a oven for 1 hour at 200oC for the paint to bake. Due to oil remainings in the covers, that really make some hard smoke and smell in the kitchen, but what won´t we do for our babies?? :eek::eek::eek: women will never understand it, so don´t bother, do it when she´s not at home:biggrin:

dsc02365v.jpg

Here we can see the original texture under the new red paint
dsc02369f.jpg

and the final result will all the 3 pieces
img0377u.jpg

I also got this aluminium oil filling cap that will complete the dressup, got it from Ross STMPO the man himself last time I was in Arizona for the regulator tour! Thank you Ross:wink:

Good god.... Very nice work so far. I was going to suggest "wrinkle" spray paint to get that OEM texture effect, but what you have done is perfect. In for more updates :cool:

Thank you guys, it won´t be as fun without this amazing forum and all your feedbacks

Here I also had the OEM swaybars powdercoated in "dali racing style" red, they were all rusted now they look new and fresh again.
Later I might go for the real NSX-R ones though

swaybars.jpg

Then I had the wheels painted in Championship White :cool:
I ordered these special NSX-R stickers to be apllied under the clearcoat. They have no background ( lettering only ) they should look fine along with the H red center stickers

dsc02376qm.jpg

Then I decided to paint the valve covers, in red like the NA2 NSX-R.
As car is to be white with black engine room, I think red valve covers were really a must for this theme :biggrin:

Valve covers usually tend to peel with mileage (and heat?), but as the car has very low mileage they were in pretty good shape, except for the dirt.
dsc02360u.jpg

Instead of removing the old paint, I decided to painted over the original one, after cleaning it the best I could, but also to keep the original texture that I really like

I found some special red paint spray, resistant to high temperature (oil can get real hot under the covers), that will not react with oem paint!
dsc02361jv.jpg

It took me about 4 layers to get the final result, as painting over black color requires more paint

The part must then be placed in a oven for 1 hour at 200oC for the paint to bake. Due to oil remainings in the covers, that really make some hard smoke and smell in the kitchen, but what won´t we do for our babies?? :eek::eek::eek: women will never understand it, so don´t bother, do it when she´s not at home:biggrin:

dsc02365v.jpg

Here we can see the original texture under the new red paint
dsc02369f.jpg

and the final result will all the 3 pieces
img0377u.jpg

I also got this aluminium oil filling cap that will complete the dressup, got it from Ross STMPO the man himself last time I was in Arizona for the regulator tour! Thank you Ross:wink:

lol.. no worries dood

Good luck finding the Reventon paint code. Lamborghini doesn't give it out easily. Last I heard, the only place to get the actual code and paint was SCC in Los Angeles, CA. The color is amazing in person.

Nick

While cars were being painted and as they were fully dismantled, I had time to restore all the aluminium suspension parts.
After trying so many chimical unsuccessful ways, I finally found a shop here that does some very fine glass powder blasting, ideal for aluminium as they told me, a good alternative to Soda Blasting I think
So I gave them all the aluminium parts and here is the result

img0336z.jpg

At first I tried to separate the ball-joints to give them indivual parts, but soon I gave up the idea as these ball-joints are such a pain to separate!! So I just gave him the complete assembled parts of the front suspension, that fit in their blasting cabine so it turned out easier this way :)
Here already fit on the car, with the restored Koni shocks. Wheel arches were painted with white "gravitex" ( stone chip protector) over the oem black one, to match the new color of the car better

suspensaoj.jpg

Finally to complete the suspension, I also got the STMPO bar, again from my good friend Ross in person. I ruined my luggage to carry it with me on the plane :biggrin:

dsc02353pg.jpg

Wheels are now ready to get some new tyres as orginal ones are all ruined due to aging
I used some S2000 wheel centres, that are convex like the real OEM NSX-R one instead of the original concave ones. They fit with some minor modifications
Then I choose the modern surronded H label instead of the oldest lonely "H", to give the car a fresh new look of modern ages :cool:
I painted and not powdercoated them as here in Portugal we can only get the RAL color codes for the powder, so it means I would always have to paint them to get the right color, over the powdercoating. Then because of the decals I would at least need to clearcoat them even if I had the correct color code poweder. OEM wheels are just painted. so I simply painted them in the NH-0 color

img0397nk.jpg

For the aluminium parts, the glass powder blasting give them a nice matt finishing. It is very easy to polish the parts after being blasted with some sandpaper or polishing products.
As the Reventon will be matt I though I could use some shining aluminium parts to contrast the matt, what do you think? :rolleyes: Not all of the aluminium parts of course, just the most noticeable ones and easy to polish like these ones

dsc02375u.jpg

The shinning NSX-R will have only matt aluminium parts.

Last edited:
nice. would love to see consistent updates

As mentioned earlier, I got inspired from Australia to convert the oem bonnet into an NSX-R type, in fully aluminium!

I found whrdnsx´s "OEM TO NSX-R Bonnet" thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141962

The idea really pleased me, and in respect of copyrights, I previoulsy asked whrdnsx if I could copy his idea, he said he was ok with it.
I must say I have no intention to modify bonnets for "business", whrdnsx offers this service so he is the guy to contact if you want a costum-made aluminium NSX-R bonnet

So I printed some pictures from his thread and started to mark the pictures with some dimensional axes and values, at my own risk

dsc09051mim.jpg

Then I use some cardboard, cut 2 pieces, bent and stapled them to shape the R vent according to his pictures...
dsc09053wu.jpg

dsc09058t.jpg

Now, after removing the staples, all I had to do was to cut some aluminium plate/foil with the shape of the cardboards pieces

dsc09056c.jpg

Now the point of no return!!!
I gave the shop the 2 aluminium parts, and here is the cutting and welding on the bonnet

dsc09070p.jpg

dsc09085w.jpg

dsc09084l.jpg

Here almost ready for painting

img0320ul.jpg

Of course I could have gone for a carbon fiber one, but I intend to reserve the cf for the Reventon, the R will be carbon-free :biggrin:

Then for the grill, I used an aluminium one but irt turned to be too dificult to weld without damaging or melting the other plate.

So solution was to use some powerful windshield glass glue
img0331dg.jpg

Here already painted, picture taken from under-bonnet
There is just enough clearance for an opened brake fluid cap:rolleyes:

img0412gb.jpg

Last edited:
I am starting a small movie of my project evolution :biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qekROLksbNI

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qekROLksbNI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qekROLksbNI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

For now, I slowed down the available part of the movie to match the song
This shooting was taken the day the NSX got painted

I choose a music from MANOWAR, in french as the car is French.
I personally like the lyrics better in that language, they suit better the movie than the original ones

They say everything is lost, that there is no more hope
I do not want to be disapointed and no longer believe in it
Now goodbye, let this hymn to courage raise into the night / sky

"Hymn of courage" is to reassemble the complete car,
"The night and the sky" is of course the black NSX roof :biggrin:
Hope you like it as much as I do:biggrin:

Then when music really starts cars should be ready and running..:wink:

TO BE CONTINUED...

Last edited:
Hugo, you are my hero! Very excited to see how they turn out. Next thing you're going to invent is a driving robot so you'll be able to drive all your NSX's at the same time :cool:

Back