• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX-R & NSX-Reventon project

Shawn was getting really impatient for the S2000 glovebox mod :biggrin::biggrin:

dsc02447x.jpg

Let´s talk about it in its DIY thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1556551
I do not intend to modify the interior of the Reventon for now, this glovebox however will be its only modification

Ok, so I removed the cheap hadwritten honda logo from my centre tail light, now it looks even more subtle than the Reventon:wink:

img0639v.jpg

No much updates for the cars right now, I am in the middle of the reassembling, will fit the engines and rear suspension next week

The NSX-R (still with the Reventon black-to-be wheels)
dsc02351yb.jpg

and the Reventon
img0632q.jpg

Last edited:
Cant wait to see both cars assembled. You have done an amazing job thus far.

Truly amazing work and detail!!

Can't wait to see the final product!!

why is the white cars bumper rubber that meets between the fender and bumper painted ? it should be balck rubber no?

I was going to ask the same, I tied to see if tape was used but can not tell if any unless this is going to get replaced!!!?

No worries guys, bumpers were painted fit on car (painter said it would be better this way for the clearcoat to get more homogeneous as sprayed from the same angle:confused:...) but without the rubbers of course! What got painted is just the tape to protect the aluminium bracket that holds the bumper to the fender:wink:
I knew you would notice that, nothing escapes to your eyes!

dsc02359s.jpg

With the dashboard in, and some door and pilar black trim parts and it already starts to look like an NSX again :biggrin:

Engine fitment is schedule for tomorrow! Wish me good luck

It has been a long day today
I prefered to lower the car onto the engine, instead of lifting the engine thru the engine bay. My concern was to protect the paintjob, it turn out to be very easy this way

img0664wp.jpg

Looks like something has fallen from the car :biggrin:

I used some wheeled base support to be able to freely move the engine while carefully lowering the car onto it

img0665n.jpg

Getting lower

img0667w.jpg

and lower...
img0669ub.jpg

and as low as it could be:biggrin:
img0677h.jpg

and voila, engine is fit, already with the exhaust. All the subframe has also been bolted to the chassi
img0674ah.jpg

Almost ready for its first starting atempt :cool:

Reventon wheels got painted today

I took inspiration from the real Reventon wheels
lamborementonwheel.jpg

I tried to replicate the carbon fiber fins painting the inside of the spokes with the matt reventon color (color is almost similar and there would be no point wrapping them with some carbon fiber vynil)
Lambo wheels are much bigger, with those huge perforated brake disk and look better, but I am happy with the result.
One nice effect is that the wheel shines when seen from sideways, but gets matt when seen from top or behind.. :tongue:

nsxreventonwheel.jpg

I also got these golden H stickers, to match the Lambo badging color...

I just found this post, looks like there are some reventon replicas out there?? :)
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134600

Last edited:
These are beyond amazing builds so far! Love the updates! IMHO I think the reventon being as detailed as it is could use a different set of wheels that are a little more aggressive to go with the Reventon Look, and something a bit bigger too, I think the matt paint tends to lend itself to some more serious looking wheels....Just an opinion, keep up the amazing work!

Imranman, you are absolutely right, however here in Portugal we can´t change the size of the wheels like in the US, the size and even the color paint are mentioned in the registration papers of the cars, OEM sizes for a 91 NSX are 15/16, just to be able to use the 16/17 I already will have to ask Honda dealership for a special written permit (and pay for it) to be able to change them for the 97+ approved ones.

I could never drive the car here with 18/19 bigger wheels, unless having a 750$ ticket fee in the first routine police check, that really sucks!
Somehow a "discrete" turbo is possible as no one here really knows if a OEM NSX is turbocharged or not :wink: but of course 600HP with OEM sizes won´t make much sense....:biggrin:

Perhaps I could replicate those fins in real carbon fiber, and bolt them to the wheels after tapping 2 or 3 small screws to fix them
They would create a depression with rotation, sucking the air to the brakes.
Some wheels spacers are in my mind also.

Last edited:
Awesome thread. Great job. I don't know how I missed this.

Some progress update
The Reventon engine is in place :biggrin: Same technique was used of lowering the car onto the engine...

img0698hk.jpg

img0702nq.jpg

And here is the R waiting for her first start, temporary with the Reventon wheels as I haven´t bought the tyres for the white wheels yet

img0703nt.jpg

Idea now is to complete the fitting of Reventon´s suspension and underneath parts just to take it out of the lifter, and then focus on the R to finish her by end of next week.

great job, isnt it the best feeling to see something you hand built
come to life right before your eyes?

It makes me happy to see someoen else giving these machines
the love they deserve.

great work Hugo.

nice:wink:cant wait to see pics of these in the light specialy the one with the reventon theam; it is unfortunately that the law does not allow much room for options with the wheels other wise it would of been nice to play with diferent set up of wheels on the matt colored NSX, but either ways they look great.

I'm speechless!!!!!

You must work in the car industry to have access to all this space not to mention spare time to do this! Make sure you add the Lambo start button :)

Can't wait to see the final outcome.....

Thank you guys! Yes it is a very nice feeling Shawn :biggrin::biggrin:
No, I don´t work in the car industry, cars are being built in a shop not my house

I am preparing a progress movie of the project along with taking pictures, it is incomplete of course as car are still under assembling, but I decided to release it anyway.
I tried to synchronize the video with the song and lyrics
Song is the called "Courage" from Manowar, as project requires a lot of it:tongue:

Hope you like it and have some fun as much as I did making it :biggrin::biggrin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" sr...rameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/URL

Last edited:
Amazing Job, what you have done, reminds me of Ed from wheeler dealer,he can bring back any car back to life and make it better. Nicely done huga

Some updates.

No much news from the Reventon. Engine, suspension, wheels and fuel tank are already in place, project is now on stand-by for the R to be completed.

Here is a picture with its cover on to protect its delicate paintjob that can´t be polished so you can never be too careful :biggrin:

img0720up.jpg

Then I got these costum made stainless steel reinforced fuel lines I ordered some time ago
img0719e.jpg

Good news for the R, I am almost done, can´t wait to start her, that should be this week!
I just finished the brakes and the headlights this weekend
I went for black caliper with white lettering to match the R black&white contrast.

img0726lrb.jpg

Then for the headlights, I carefully removed the glass after baking the headlight to soften its sealant, blackened the surrounding, and remove the low beam french OEM yellow film but left the High-beam one to remind a 24h Lemans style racing car :)
I tried white surrounding as the real 02 R, but I didn´t like the effect as much as the black :biggrin:

Nowadays yellow headlight really look too outdated here in Europe, that is why I removed the low beam yellow film to be able to drive the car "discretely" at night or even to be able to fit some HID later one day.

img0740os.jpg

Back