• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Racing

I don’t want to jump the gun here… I ordered a part 2 weeks ago and sent about 10 emails to ALL known addresses with negative responses. I was located in Afghanistan when I ordered the part and expressed to Mark via unanswered emails, how I needed this part before I returned to California. Any advise on where I should go from here... I live in Sacramento, so I'm thinking I might take a drive to his shop. I don't want my money back, I want the part. Like I said I don't want to jump the gun but after reading all the negative feedback on this vender, I think it’s best to share my experience with Dali Racing so others are aware. I don't make much money, and I'm angry that he would ignore all my emails. Even if he said he doesn't have the part in stock, I would be okay with that. Not getting any replies is telling me he doesn’t respect his customers and their hard earned money. I saved up for 7 months in Afghanistan to be able to start my NSX project. Thanks for listening. :frown: James

I always got what I ordered from him pretty fast. (within two weeks)
I would wait another week. If it doesn't show up then why not knock on his door?? Its your money..

He seems to be the "Soup Nazi" of the NSX... I always see negative feedback about him.. But I never had an issue.

Dali Racing
[email protected]
Mark Johnson
1611-A South Melrose Drive #103
Vista, CA 92081-5471

Mark Johnson at Dali Racing has refused to reply to me since shortly after a shipment was damaged in transit. The order included a radiator shield and airdam. UPS folded the box into thirds and damaged the parts. I took detailed photos and provided them to Mark in March 2012. He asked me to save the packing materials. That is the last time he has responded. I have sent several polite messages by email and phone. He has frequently replied to other folks that know him, so I know he has chosen not to reply to my email messages or phone calls.

Sure, not giving a shit is part of his shtick. It's all good fun on the website, but it doesn't work so well after he takes my money and sends me broken parts, then refuses to respond. Paypal has not been helpful in this dispute. I would not recommend paying Dali Racing except by COD or a credit card with known good customer service. Actually, I cannot recommend doing any business with Dali Racing.

Mark:
If you read this, and don't wish to intentionally disappoint paying customers, then please contact me. You have my details. They are on the order, the packing slip, and the payment, as well as numerous messages.

Attachments

• IMG00293-20120301-1058.jpg
    IMG00293-20120301-1058.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 835
Dali Racing
[email protected]
Mark Johnson
Vista, CA 92081-5471

Mark Johnson at Dali Racing has refused to reply to me since shortly after a shipment was damaged in transit. The order included a radiator shield and airdam. UPS folded the box into thirds and damaged the parts. I took detailed photos and provided them to Mark in March 2012. He asked me to save the packing materials. That is the last time he has responded. I have sent several polite messages by email and phone. He has frequently replied to other folks that know him, so I know he has chosen not to reply to my email messages or phone calls.

Sure, not giving a shit is part of his shtick. It's all good fun on the website, but it doesn't work so well after he takes my money and sends me broken parts, then refuses to respond. Paypal has not been helpful in this dispute. I would not recommend paying Dali Racing except by COD or a credit card with known good customer service. Actually, I cannot recommend doing any business with Dali Racing.

Mark:
If you read this, and don't wish to intentionally disappoint paying customers, then please contact me. You have my details. They are on the order, the packing slip, and the payment, as well as numerous messages.

Good luck.......my wife ordered and paid $265.00 for a brake item in January from him for my birthday in May. When she didn't hear anything by April she sent him a (very) polite email inquiry on the status of the order. Ignored. A few more polite emails. Nothing. A few polite phone voice mails left. Nothing. September (8 months later!) she contacted the San Diego County Sheriff's Office and the FBI to file a criminal fraud report. Ultimately, a nice detective paid a visit to Mr. Johnson at his residence and within an hour my wife's PAYPAL account was reimbursed. Neat guy. How his business has survived this long is a complete mystery to me.

I have a friend in Atlanta with an ITR that ordered from Dali, and similar issue, never received his parts. I am just too scared to take the gamble. There are a lot of neat items on his page, but his customer service is something less desirable.

but he can still sell on Prime it makes no sense. untouchable in alot of people's eyes

but he can still sell on Prime it makes no sense. untouchable in alot of people's eyes

If you go check you'll see his last post on the site was almost 3 years ago.

If you look at the new vendor list you won't find him listed there, meaning he is not participating as a vendor on the site.

So I'm curious what exactly you mean.

Received a part damaged and not receiving a part at all are two completely different issues.

1. Receiving a part damaged: Is an issue between the BUYER and the CARRIER. This is where you seek reimbursement from the carrier and fall back on the insurance you have on your item. The seller has no control over what UPS does.

2. Not receiving a part is obviously an issue with the seller not sending the part. This is because a seller is a poor company or shady seller, unless you're referring to a package lost in transit, which would be a carrier issue - and goes back to insurance as I said in #1.

We all know Dali is a horrible company, I just wanted to add my 2 cents to clarify that Dali Racing can't control how your package arrives from UPS (referring to photos of damage in post #1)

Dali Racing
[email protected]
Mark Johnson
Vista, CA 92081-5471

Mark:

Don't wish to be negative here but shipping damage is not the responsbility of the shipper. In your case UPS damaged your shipment and standard business procedure is to file a claim with them. It usually takes a while but UPS insurance will cover the damage UPS caused you.

You are criticizing Mark for something that is not his responsibilty and an appropriate gesture on your part would be to apologize to him.

Mark gets more than his share of bad press, some of it deserved, but you shouldn't be making it worse.

Jim

I did not criticize Mark or Daki Racing for the shipping damage. Though the damaged parts were caused in part by poor packaging, UPS does bear some responsibility also. I called Mark immediately on receiving the damaged shipment. He asked me to send photos of the packages and parts. I did exactly that. Since that time, he has not returned a single message. What I find reprehensible is his refusal to answer phone calls or emails. He takes absolutely no responsibility for customer service as far as I can tell.

Some on this forum have contacted me to tell me that I owe Mark an apology. Bullshit.
I will not apologize for his poor packaging. I will not apologize for his failure to answer or reply to dozens of emails and phone calls. I will not apologize for his failure to deliver parts in good condition after they were paid for in full. He had more than six months to do something, anything, right before I posted my first criticism here. If he wishes to improve his customer service, he has my address and phone number. He knows that he can make this transaction right by sending me the radiator shield that i ordered and paid for, or to refund the purchase price. He is free to do that anytime he chooses.

I have taken care to post the facts just as they are. My recommendations to others stands. I cannot recommend doing business with Dali Racing or Mark Johnson. If you must have something that can only be obtained through Dali Racing, then use COD and inspect carefully before paying the shipper.

Dali Racing
[email protected]
Mark Johnson
Vista, CA 92081-5471

Mark:

Come on you said it there. "UPS folded the box in thirds and damaged the parts".

Like what others have said, take it up with UPS. Mark obviously cared enough to respond and ask for pictures to be sure it wasn't his fault. Now if it really was his fault or not would he have done anything about it? I don't know, but regardless do you want the man to ship the box with 2x4's for support or something?

I received a radiator shield from him and I live in PA. It managed to get here just fine and I believe it was just a flat box like the one you pictured above. Smaller, but still a flat box.

Received a part damaged and not receiving a part at all are two completely different issues.

1. Receiving a part damaged: Is an issue between the BUYER and the CARRIER. This is where you seek reimbursement from the carrier and fall back on the insurance you have on your item. The seller has no control over what UPS does.

2. Not receiving a part is obviously an issue with the seller not sending the part. This is because a seller is a poor company or shady seller, unless you're referring to a package lost in transit, which would be a carrier issue - and goes back to insurance as I said in #1.

We all know Dali is a horrible company, I just wanted to add my 2 cents to clarify that Dali Racing can't control how your package arrives from UPS (referring to photos of damage in post #1)

Sorry, incorrect on most points... except the horrible company part.

When filing a UPS claim the shipper MUST file the claim EVEN when it is a third party shipment using someone else's UPS number. Even then it is still the responsibility of the actual shipper and not the account holder UNLESS there is a letter on file with UPS stating that the third party will address claims or a waiver letter submitted for this single shipment. These waivers are so rare that my UPS rep didn't know it existed until ToysRUs asked us to sign and return a boilerplate waiver so the most common model is one where claims are virtually always the responsibility of the shipper. That means what's his name owns this process.

My company ships 1,200 packages a day and spends well over a million dollars with UPS annually so I know a little about these things.

If what's his name does not feel that he needs to answer emails- which we all know that he feels no responsibility to do - then he certainly isn't going to want to take the additional time and trouble to fill out a claim request with UPS. If there is no insurance bought and there probably was none purchased on the shipment since he is so casual about everything else then UPS will only pay up to $100. We do not insure our shipments as we determined that claims and claim values are less than what the costs would be to insure all shipments. So we roll the dice and hope that stuff doesn't get broken or lost and hope that the savings on insurance offsets the losses of claims. A claim would also require a copy of the invoice where he bought the item as part of the claim filing to substantiate the cost being requested by the claim. Very much a PITA process and much more involved than clicking a "reply" button.

So to distill my thought, if he won't answer emails then he's not gonna do a claim either, hoping to win the battle of attrition by wearing the other party out (like when he just kept a set of wheels when the owner passed away). But the claim process as shipper is his responsibility- which is a word/ concept that he clearly has no grasp of.

My points of reference? Purchases made, a month's worth of polite, professional inquiries for status updates unanswered and finally a Paypal dispute to get funds back. I manage a 30M company and when a customer wants to speak with me during working hours I ALWAYS take the call. ALWAYS. And for the right customers I take the call regardless of the day or hour. It costs me nothing to speak to a customer and hear them out, then I can delegate resolution to one of my employees. Our company was built with the help of our retail partners and without them we are out of business. I treasure our customers. It costs us WAY more to acquire a new customer than to simply service an existing one.

Caveat Emptor with what's his name...

The facts are:
The contractual agreement is between the shipper (Dali Racing) and the carrier (UPS). When I sent my money to Dali Racing, he took on the responsibility to deliver good parts to *me*; his responsibility does not end with handing over a flimsy package to the driver of the brown truck. He chose the shipper. He chose how to pack the parts. He signed the waybill consigning the parts to UPS. He chose to answer my email one time. Every other time, Mark Johnson has chosen to not return my calls or emails.

This review of Dali Racing's services is based on the choices made by Mark Johnson and Dali Racing. He has a choice, and has chosen to avoid his responsibilities to his paying customer.

Thanks to all who have responded.

Sorry, incorrect on most points... except the horrible company part.

When filing a UPS claim the shipper MUST file the claim EVEN when it is a third party shipment using someone else's UPS number. Even then it is still the responsibility of the actual shipper and not the account holder UNLESS there is a letter on file with UPS stating that the third party will address claims or a waiver letter submitted for this single shipment. These waivers are so rare that my UPS rep didn't know it existed until ToysRUs asked us to sign and return a boilerplate waiver so the most common model is one where claims are virtually always the responsibility of the shipper. That means what's his name owns this process.

My company ships 1,200 packages a day and spends well over a million dollars with UPS annually so I know a little about these things.

I stand corrected by curtsr on UPS claim procedures. Sounds like Dali needed to make the claim on UPS, not the receiver

Jim

Back