• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Side Skirts for 97 NSX

Who do you guys recommend for the best side skirts for an NSX?
Im currently trying to decide between Wings West (Polyurethane) or Extreme Dimensions (Duraflex) any personal opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

I like the wings west, Poly would be better then duraflex i had a Duraflex body kit back when i was 16 and it held up for like a year not really that great of stuff.

I have the Wings West and it sags. I have even reinforced it and it sags between the reinforcements.

It was installed about 4-5 years ago (reinforcement was done during the installation).

See the sagging between the reinforcements here (it looks wavy at the bottom of the skirt).
20110716-dsc_7140.jpg

I do like the Wings West design asethically though (if you disregard the sagging).

I have the Wings West and it sags. I have even reinforced it and it sags between the reinforcements.

It was installed about 4-5 years ago (reinforcement was done during the installation).

See the sagging between the reinforcements here (it looks wavy at the bottom of the skirt).
20110716-dsc_7140.jpg

I do like the Wings West design asethically though (if you disregard the sagging).

I have the wings west side skirts, I reinforced them myself, then had a body shop install them. They have been on the car for over 6 years and are still square. I did not use screws just marine goop and a lot of clamps. Did you screw it in to the L bracket?

I have the wings west side skirts, I reinforced them myself, then had a body shop install them. They have been on the car for over 6 years and are still square. I did not use screws just marine goop and a lot of clamps. Did you screw it in to the L bracket?

Yeah, the body shop I had install it did that... They screwed into the L bracket that runs the lengh of the skirt.

I reinforced mine with an L bracket (one long piece) for each side and it does not sag one bit. I've had it on for over two years :cool: You should remove and reinforce accordingly, Hapa88.

Yeah, the body shop I had install it did that... They screwed into the L bracket that runs the lengh of the skirt.

That sucks my guess is the screws hold it rigid to the l bracket and as the side skirt heats the bracket doesn't allow it to move with it because of the screws.
My guess since we have the same set up except screws and I live in Florida so prone to lots of heat

I reinforced mine with an L bracket (one long piece) for each side and it does not sag one bit. I've had it on for over two years :cool: You should remove and reinforce accordingly, Hapa88.

Mine is reinforced with a single L Bracket running the length of the skirt. Then the bottom was bolted to the L Bracket. Mine also didn't show any signs of sagging after two years. It's after the 4-5 years that you started to see it. :cool:

That sucks my guess is the screws hold it rigid to the l bracket and as the side skirt heats the bracket doesn't allow it to move with it because of the screws.
My guess since we have the same set up except screws and I live in Florida so prone to lots of heat

I was either thinking of just adding more bolts down the skirt or removing all bolts and using that glue you spoke of. Can you tell me exactly what glue you used and how it was applied?

I was either thinking of just adding more bolts down the skirt or removing all bolts and using that glue you spoke of. Can you tell me exactly what glue you used and how it was applied?

You could add more screws, not sure if that will fix it. Other concern now is it permanently deformed due to the screws and the bumps. Maybe you can straighten it out. I did mine before turning over to the body shop as I was aware of this issue with the wings west sideskirts.

Anyway I used L brackets and marine goop. I roughed the inside of the side skirt with some course sandpaper, then applied a generous portion of glue to the brakcet and clamped in place. I bought a bag of plastic clamps from lowes, 10 or so in a bag for $7.

Been on my car for 6.5 years, never had an issue.

I believe this is the glue I use, been a while. No screws.

http://www.amazon.com/Eclectic-Prod-170016-Marine-Goop/dp/B000LNMVI0

This is turning into a WW skirt thread lol.

I've gone through a set of BYS, Marga Hills and settled on the Stacys. I have no clue why I had MH, they were just too much for such a smooth flowing car. If I can get a new set I'd probably go with GT-One.
BYS
296_30983141223_690446223_1519426_171_n.jpg

MH
135_9592551223_690446223_623341_114_n.jpg

Stacy
25098_430257196223_690446223_5749710_5573734_n.jpg

GT-One:
53.jpg

I actually prefer FRP to urethane when it comes to side skirts. They maintain the shape and if they're prepped and painted right, will look great and are durable.

The only thing I don't like about Stacy's is the bulge where the skirt meets the body (underneath the stock intake vent). It messes up the line around the fender.

The best sideskirt IMHO is the one-of-a-kind K3000 skirt on Hong_NSX's car. It is by far the cleanest and matches the NSX lines to the T.
dsc06958.jpg

hhr18.jpg

4786933101_6cb2905e26.jpg

4703823.dd261651.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like about Stacy's is the bulge where the skirt meets the body (underneath the stock intake vent). It messes up the line around the fender.

The best sideskirt IMHO is the one-of-a-kind K3000 skirt on Hong_NSX's car. It is by far the cleanest and matches the NSX lines to the T.

I agree on Stacy's side skirt, heard the quality was really good though.

I like the K3000 side skirt, think it would look good vented too.

Seems Hong has some work on the door to match those 1off skirts as well. Man that is a beautiful setup. I really like it, and I might have to chomp chomp on that idea =P

Back