• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Don! We passed you as we were heading east on 270, somewhere around 370/70 exits, in my wife's BMW (had just picked up the grandson so we needed the child seat). My neck is still sore from snapping my head around to get a glimpse. Your car looks great, at least from the 2.5 seconds I got to see it. Look forward to meeting you.

We def have got to get some type of meet together!! its fixing to be mid summer and we still haven't got together! I'd like to meet the STL NSX crew!

Thanks, As they say, "good to be seen". I have a driver rather than a show car, but it looks good to those of us with tri-focals when we take them off, and I use it as much as I can, though in the past 2 years, have only put on 4,000 miles. This spring it sat inside due to weather and travel, but yesterday I used it to go to the shoe repair shop <GGG> Hope to post the pics we took on Sunday out at Spirit. Hope that there is a day that all of us can bring our cars to a coffee get together. Wondering how many here total if we had them all at once. We had 4 at the last gathering. Thinking 10 or so. I had promised the best fritters in the country from Kelley's on North Lindberg some time ago.

This is true! I remembering you said you would get us some fritters! Not sure why those are, but I guess ill find out! When is the next cars and coffee?

Didn't have mine out this weekend, but I saw a 97+ yellow one on the way over to Bellevillle, IL on Saturday. From a distant I thought it was a Vette, but as it passed by I was definitely proven wrong... LOL!!!! Don't know who it belongs to, but it sure looked AWESOME!!!! :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Don, I was at the Subway on St. Charles Rock Rd. a couple weeks ago and the guy who works there says his neighbor has a red NSX. I asked if him if the guy who owns it is older and he said yes... I can only assume it's you because you live in the North County area. Considering we live in the same county... let me know if you'll be out next weekend... I'd love to meet up and check the Dragon Lady out. That goes for anyone else who will be out. :wink:

Tyler

I've seen the same Yellow one in Belleville...

Curious if any of you (with the exception of Mr. Gardener, I already know you're going) are thinking about our know about the Import Alliance meet on the 20th-21st of July in Sparta, KY.

I'll be passing through the area on my way and could meet up and caravan if there are any others traveling from the area.

Eric, I spent some time with Charlie Weaver this afternoon and he wanted me to tell you "Hi". I didn't realize you knew each other, but he started talking about your RX-7 and it suddenly made sense. Anyhow, just wanted to pass the greeting along.

Curious if any of you (with the exception of Mr. Gardener, I already know you're going) are thinking about our know about the Import Alliance meet on the 20th-21st of July in Sparta, KY.

I'll be passing through the area on my way and could meet up and caravan if there are any others traveling from the area.

Eric, I spent some time with Charlie Weaver this afternoon and he wanted me to tell you "Hi". I didn't realize you knew each other, but he started talking about your RX-7 and it suddenly made sense. Anyhow, just wanted to pass the greeting along.

Its Mr. Gardner, Skyler!! lol. but yes more Prime owners should come to the meet. The meet is massive and every summer meet that I go too, there only seems to be 1 or 2 NSX's and that's it. I know I am leaving out that Friday after work.

As Chicken Man would say "Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll", I guess there is little activity in our area. Is anyone else out driving? I have yet to see anyone on my circuits through the area recently, even though we cannot mistake our machines for any other. Have been up and down 270 regularly. Not a whole lot of time, so I have to find a little "spirit" on the way to Trader Joe's and back, so it's South to Page, west to Bennington, back east on Page to Olive, then to TJ's, back North on 270, west on Page to Bennington, the loop again and then back North on 270, or out to St. Peters on 370 with a similar type loop to view the stuff at Fast Lane Cars @ 94 and 370. Anyone else doing anything similar to exercise their machines?
Don

Nick and I hit Carl's today.

BTW : Cars and Coffee Sat (7/20) 8:15-10:30.

I will be there around 9ish for a bit.

Attachments

• 2013-07-18 14.15.56.jpg
    2013-07-18 14.15.56.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
So Captain,
Was that you up in the North County this morning? If not, who?

Beautiful morning, almost took the Targa top off, but knew that she would sit for most of the day as we would be headed out to Greenville IL, Taking the big sedan( my wife doesn't like to ride in the "red car") to visit a creamery that I didn't know existed, that produces garlic and dill cheese curds. Found out about it from the flight instructor who is the head cheese, pardon the play on words, who helped me with my bucket list. Have had a pilots license for 35 years, but never flew a chopper, so to check off another square on my bucket list, I flew a Robinson R-22 on Thursday. Hovering is like sitting on a big beach ball without falling off. Just glad the collective had the governor connected to the throttle. Can't twist, pull with hands and push with feet at the same time yet. Note the rotor deflection taking off below.

Also had a Jones for one of Kelley's fritters, and whoa big fellow, imagine my surprise just before pulling out of the parking lot for Kelley's donuts on North Lindberg, a Sebring silver NSX passes me. Hit the pedal to catch up and followed through my exit at McDonnell so my wife wasn't worrying since it takes me a half hour to go the 2 miles. Had to warm up the Dragon Lady. certainly can't put her back in the garage cold. Did not know that there was an SS up here. Come out, come out whoever you are.

Dondon in R22.jpeg

Have not seen Nick on the posts. He might concur on how good Kelley's fritters are if he has been there (missed it this morning). Best in the Continental 49 and the one offshore (where my grandson is in the USAF, what an assignment) IMHO.

By the way all, the route we took today to obtain the cheese curds, might just be a great one for a drive. There's a winery for tasting, antiques, and some great garlic and herb cheese curds (for those of you that haven't visited WI, they are to die for), your teeth squeak when you bite the curds. This place (Marcoot Jersey Creamery) also produces, in addition to the curds, 9 or 10 varieties of Jersey based cheeses, one is Schlafly's Tipsy Cheddar and some of the richest ice cream I have ever tasted, along with root beer, (also an orange and blackberry), floats with Wang Gang, (Edwardsville IL) sodas.

Last edited:
View attachment 104040
Do I spy Don on page extension yesterday?

Was not there that far out. Plate looks to be not mine. I was indeed out yesterday, but on 370 with a customer driving my car, but we had the windows down the whole time. How's that for observations of an old guy. <G> I do however frequent the Page extension from 270 to Bennington just for the "spirited" turn around both down to Trader Joe's on Olive and back to the North country. :cool: <ggg></ggg>

Last edited:
Yes it was an older gentlemen. It was pretty minty too! I am on page a lot! Great hwy to open her up a little bit
IN the words of St. Louis' Chicken Man, "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllll". I'll admit to being an old guy with a young heart, but I wasn't there. There was a young guy driving my car on 370, so whoever you are that was on the Page extension. Come on up! (I don't watch the program, but I have to put up with my wife who does and insists on having it on while I am in the office). I hope that we get the closet guy with the twin to mine, involved on Prime.

Am still awaiting a response from Mike on the quality of Kelley's donuts on N. Lindberg. There are a lot of lurkers here, but hey, it's ok to let us know who you are. We'd like to make the connection. I wonder, (again, this is the title of this thread) how many of us really, are here in the St. Louis area. We could be a real threat! <ggg>

D</ggg>

Last edited:
Was out in the NSX on page extension on Sunday, but didn't see any fellow Primers out (not surprised coz of the rarity of our cars). I, however, did run into a small group of Vette guys... and I must admit their cars were lookin' mighty fine too. I've only met less than a handful of Vette owners who are down to earth, but a majority of them seem to have their head stuck up their a$$... guess that is why I don't play well with them. Anyway, I hope to run into one of you guys someday :biggrin:. I did see a black NSX on 70 heading east a couple Sundays ago... lookin' sharp whoever you are. :wink:

I took a short cruise through the car show at the Machinist's Hall in Bridgeton today, but didn't want to park my "other than U.S manufactured" car to view the entrants. I am really paranoid on where I park the Dragon Lady, when I can't see it. Did however, take it out to Chesterfield on Saturday as my wife wanted to go to Macy's for a potential bargain, which became real.
Don

Guys,
We are falling behind. Sorry for the constant posts, but I look at the posts from other parts of the Midwest and just have to keep posting to keep us on top. 99 here today, and was at a wedding, however got a short trip in w/A/C at the top blower setting, and noted 3 of our uniformed finest in that 20 minutes. I just get the biggest kick out of taking the turns on the off ramps quickly, leaving everyone else in the dust. When you get old, it's the small stuff.
D

OK,
so who did I pass on Manchester Rd on Friday as I was running to open the booth at the Warson Woods Antique mall? Black NSX, but so fast in both directions and not expecting it, I missed, EAC was that you?
Glad to see that someone else was educating the Porsche and Audi group on Manchester,.
Best,
Don

My bad, the days run together. I guess I set up the booth on Sunday, and was there to register with the Dragon Lady on Saturday not Friday, sorry for the miscue. So much to do, so little time, even tho I am old.............................
D

Back