• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Took a bit of time to heat the new tires today. Run out to the river on 40 and back, the flat spots were evident early on, however after about 15 miles smoothed out. Been sitting 2 weeks. Anyone know if this is normal for the Dunlops? Can't remember if the Bridgestones performed in the same way a couple of years ago, but I think so. So looking forward to the warmer weather to get some time behind the wheel. Anyone else out today?

D

It is really quiet in St. Louis. No one posting, all too busy I guess. Wondering if anyone else is out. I'm trying to get all the wheel time I can after being down for the entire winter for the first time. If you all see my post on seals in the "general discussion forum" and have any ideas on the targa top seals, would appreciate your input. 2g's along with the TB/WP is a lot this year. Thanks in advance.
Don

It is really quiet in St. Louis. No one posting, all too busy I guess. Wondering if anyone else is out. I'm trying to get all the wheel time I can after being down for the entire winter for the first time. If you all see my post on seals in the "general discussion forum" and have any ideas on the targa top seals, would appreciate your input. 2g's along with the TB/WP is a lot this year. Thanks in advance.
Don

I was out in my truck, saw you on 270 jumping on 40, I waved but you did not recognize me in my truck. Car looks good.

Dave

Dave,
Was that you in the Silver Titan that rode alongside and waved? Silly me, didn't recognize you.

Don

Check out the fix for the top that works so far in general discussion. Now just to glue the seal back together so it doesn't flap when the top is off.
D.

Don, you should come out to Rockhill Starbucks next Saturday May 3rd.

I will put it on the calendar and try to be there depending upon weather of course. Could be a good time to pay my antique mall rental as well. What time does it start?
D

Last edited:
I'll probably get there around 9am. Feel free to come any time near there. It would be nice as I mentioned to see some familiar faces & cars!:smile:

Hey guys, the shop I tune out of is having a customer appreciation day and car show this Saturday May 10th from 10am to 5pm. They will be having a car show, dyno day, pig roast, games & prises. The food is free with a donation to charity. Should be good time and the weather looks fantastic.

I will be there all day running the dyno. It would be great to see a bunch of you guys there. Let me know if and when you guys will arrive and I can see about holding parking spots.

Pur Performance
3725 Harry S. Truman Blvd
St. Charles MO 63301
636-946-8554

Dave

Last edited:
Anyone doing Cars n Coffee today (5/17)? I'll be over there so I'm stopping by.

Thanks guys... mine was the only NSX there so we got lots of attention. Ha! Also got to talk with my old PCA instructor so that was cool.

I was out this past weekend at the Creve Coeur lake house! I've never been their before, but food was awesome. Try the diablo burger if y'all ever make it that way. Car show was held in the parking lot too, which was a pretty good show. Had about 85-100 cars. I placed 1st place for 90's imports, so that was exciting!

Never heard of it but the Lakehouse looks like a great place. Thanks for the recommendation and congrats on 1st Place!

Wouldn't you know it, the Dragon Lady was dirty, got washed really well, a lot of attention paid to detail, and 4 hours later on a ride to the South end, coming back, copious showers. The good news, the new, (500 mile ) Dunlops handled well in the rain. While I'm not going to just go our in the rain and push it, it's good to know, if I get caught like today, not to worry. The old Bridgestones didn't do so well. Probably age mostly. Just for the record.

After this afternoon, I think this Dragon Lady is a rain magnet. 1 shower in the entire County, I detour to the West from Clarkson to 94 as I can see the rain shafts moving in and moving North along 270. Good all the way up 94 until I hit 70 and East to 270, and in it again despite the sunny skies. Another wash job coming.

Thanks wavey! It's defiantly a good place to eat!

That sucks Donk! That happens to me a lot, but here lately the skies have been clear every time I've got black beauty out, so it's been nice!

Last edited:
The Diablo burger was definitely top notch. I recommend it.

Only NSX @ cars and coffee this am. Only one Ferrari and an Alfa. Had a long conversation with a StingRay owner who wasn't a happy camper. And................................................for the record, I was armed with North County Kelly's apple fritters just in case the rest of you guys showed up. Wore my new T shirt from Acura of Springfield, and noted on the general discussion forum that it got no attention here, but at the Dillards in West County, caught the eye of one of the very young makeup girls. Imagine that for an old guy. Put about 200 on the girl this week, between a demo ride for a colleague, and a couple of trips around the city. Miss seeing the rest of you guys, like ships in the night.
D

There are times when I feel like Don Quixote. I, am however, still looking for windmills to chase in the Dragon Lady, and we are out almost daily running up the miles on the Trader Joe and USPO/Fedex runs. Keeps the belts supple I hope. Still looking for a bargain on Targa seals. Can't believe the cost. Wish the former owner had heard the expression Shinetsu. Check your seals and keep em greased.
Don

Black NSX @ St. Louis Acura when I was in for an oil change. Anyone Anyone, Buhler, anyone?

Probably me, I had to get inspected for plates, + I have a very good friend who is in sales/leasing there, otherwise I would never have any work done there.

Don,
Which shirt did you get and when were you in Springfield?

NSX T shirt

Don,
Which shirt did you get and when were you in Springfield?[/Q

Found the shirt from Acura, with the first gen silouetted on the front, and the new one on the back, and when I went to the site, it was $25 with $10 shipping, so I called the dealer in Springfield and had one shipped. They were terrific. Didn't travel there, but we'll be down to Branson for a day or so this fall probably when it cools off.
Best,
Don

Back