• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Guys anyone else interested for a drive in Alton this Saturday morning? This might be the last time before we put our babies away for winter

Where are you guys meeting? Ty I owe you an answer to your question, and hopefully will see you all tomorrow am. Have been out of pocket in Hawaii for a wedding for the past couple of weeks. <ggg>Will try to give you a call some time today.
Best,
Don</ggg>[/QUOTE]

Don welcome back, hope you had a great time in Hawaii. I and Tyler are planning to meet at Bandannas on Dorsett and 270 around 9 am. We will see you there, if you can make it tomorrow morning.

Rahul

Don it was nice meeting you. It was fun chatting with you both. Tyler - we definitely smoked that new corvette, he tried very hard to catch us. It's always beautiful to see another nsx drive besideImageUploadedByTapatalk1414266095.642140.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414266120.874114.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414266141.561531.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414266153.381005.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414266168.279537.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414266193.136159.jpg

Even though you couldn't make the drive with us, it was nice to finally meet up with you, Don.... enjoyed talking to both of you. It's very seldom I get to drive behind an NSX, but as we left Bandana's... seeing how low and wide Dragon Lady looked... All I could say was WOW!!!! Now I know how some of these die hard car fanatics feel when they see our NSX's. ;)Rahul, thanks for posting the pictures, buddy.... I really like that first one with both our cars side by side over at that boat launch area. Needless to say, that one with all 3 at Bandana's looks is awesome too!!! Here are a couple more...
20141025_093107_resized-Copy_zps53762983.jpg
[/URL]
20141025_093125_resized-Copy_zps8c80d52f.jpg
[/URL]

- - - Updated - - -

As for that new Vette... we definitely smoked him. I wasn't planning on doing any racing, but when I saw him switching over two lanes to pass me up.... I punched it!!!!! Glad you caught on and took my lead. ;)

Guys,
Great to meet you both and thanks for calling the meeting to order. You made the "old guy" feel like 25 again. Next time hope to be able to take the car with you all. Tyler, it is really a small world as we both found out, even with the difference of perhaps 35 years. Wow does that sound old. Rahul, good to meet you and welcome as one of the newest to the St. Louis group. I thought I saw the vette, and watched you all as you hit the hammer. Was hoping that Bridgeton didn't have anyone out. Hope taht we can inspire some of the rest of the group to begin to post again and keep this thread going.
Best,
Don

Last edited:
Yes Don even I and Tyler talked about this last time we met, we wish we could have one last meet with all NSX owners before we put away our babies for winter. Let's see if we can do that, it would be really awesome

Saw an 02+ red NSX this morning on 270 North bound coming from 55 South. I wasn't in my NSX, but tried saying HI from my scion; in fact I almost drove right next to him for almost a minutes waving my hand. That guy didn't even care, as if he is the only one who owns an NSX here. Anyways hows everyone? lets try going for a drive next Saturday if weather permits.

Rahul

Last edited:
Rahul, if you really wanted his attention..... you should have flicked him off.... LMAO!!!!!! All joking aside, I think it might have been different had you been in your X... or maybe not. I always acknowledge thumbs up by honking.

Weather has been so chilly... but I did have the X out for a little bit today. I'm already gettin' withdrawals knowing the winter months are comin'. Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Tyler

Gentlemen, and Ladies if there are any reading,
Though Friday looks to be the pick day of the week, an early Saturday get together out at the RR/Aston and Maserati dealerships in the Valley, might be of interest if the weather cooperates, and centrally located, and I could pry myself out to Kelly's early for an 8:30 coffee and fritters, I'll contribute the latter if someone can stop at Starbucks or DD for a container and some cups. Will probably be the last day for me this year weather permitting, prior to putting the Lady away. Planning to wash her on one of the warm days this week and get her a new battery, as a prep.

Hope that a couple of the old regulars are reading Patrick, Don Flyeyes, Captain, EAC, are you there?

Best,
Don

Last edited:
Tyler - lol I was not trying to get his attention, I was just trying to admire his car.
Don - Not sure about picking up coffee in an NSX, cant risk the spilling. May be we should all meet again at a coffee place? and go from there

Rahul

Not seeing any response, everyone must be sleeping in. I guess we'll have to catch one another as we pass on the highway. The Scion should be fairly easy to spot, and there aren't too many slate RL's with the gold option left. Tyler, is there a distinguishing mark on either of your 2 drivers? I've got to get my battery changed before the winter and wash the Lady, so I'll be out Monday as well as today, Monday being the pick day to wash it, since for me every day is a Saturday now.

Now that Designs in Motion is closed, I have just Chesterfield Mall (the way out back lot), 1/2 price books and the Dealerships in the valley along with the outlet mall way out on 40 for the short exercise path, along with Trader Joe's and the post office <ggg>. Not wanting to leave the Lady in just any parking place, not because someone might steal it, (most can't drive a 5 speed and the alarm is good) but fear of it getting dinged, hit or keyed.

Really exciting morning (yawn), I am working on my wife's Honda key trying to get the door button to work.

D</ggg>

Last edited:
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Looks like today is gonna be nice... too bad I couldn't take the day off and enjoy it.

Don, there is no special markings on either of my other cars... one's black and the other is taxi cab yellow... hahaha.

Any of you guys gettin' ready for the aftermath of the verdict this week??? They say to stock up on food cuz it's gonna get ugly here in St. Louis. I'm hoping and praying that they are blowing it all out of portion on how bad it might get. You guys stay safe and keep your X's safely tucked away.

Tyler

Last edited:
The "Lady" is put up at least until we get some warmer weather and clean streets after the snow. She has a new battery (planned maintenance, old one looked ok, but it's my policy to replace at 4 years no matter what the mileage). And.............. imagine this, a new valve stem in the left front which we discovered when taking her in as the steering felt a bit more squishy than just the cold snap. Thank goodness for valve stem caps. Kept me from a bigger loss. See you all either on a really fine day or in the Spring, which can't come soon enough. Hope that we can get a really good sized group together for at least one good photo op and a drive.
D

Hi everyone,

I have not yet put mine away, will do it next weekend. I think I may take mine for a drive this weekend. As for the photos, I am planning to do it in the snow (white background) but will only do when the roads are clear and clean.

hello all,

did you guys take out your NSX's last weekend? The weather was really good

Had the Lady out on Friday, pick day of the week. Grandsons in, one from ND and one from Hawaii with his new bride, so thought we might do Saturday or Sunday, but Saturday was a washout for driving, so went South to the country to take on a flock of clay birds with them. Actually worked out, as the rain stopped about Pevely and it was OK. Missed Sunday afternoon late, but looking for it to warm to 40 today and we'll get her out for a short run I hope. End of year stuff, but when every day is a Saturday, it works out OK.
D

- - - Updated - - -

Out today for a couple of hours, this every day a Saturday thing is Super. Trader Joe's and Costco along with a few more errands, makes for an OK winter drive with ramps and overpasses etc. Had lunch with samples at Costco <GGG>. Some super dip for the pretzel chips, artichoke, spinich and onion. Now a Manhattan and await family. Girl is gassed and back in her covered up pose. Only thing missing is a partner to ride and share. Both grandsons busy and uninterested, one flying back to ND and the other out with his new bride. Imagine that!
D

Sorry for the continuous postings to keep our region at the top of the list. Any one going to Motown for the debut of the new NSX? I am considering it, now that every day is a Saturday.
Don

Is Motown in Michigan? I thought the debut was in Detroit on 12th. I was in Michigan till this past weekend, wish they bought it over the holidays. Anyways happy new year everyone!!!!

Last edited:
Just wishing for some warm temps and a bit of rain to wash off the streets. I can hear the Lady calling "take me out, take me out". Made the short trip yesterday to Fast Lane cars. A bunch of diecast cars in the show room, some from Dave's collection and some from Designs in Motion, along with all the exotics there, Shelby's, Vipers, and Corvettes. No NSX models, I purchased the last 2, a black 93 Kyosho and a Joueff red and black. To Detroit............................ Don't know if they're bringing the NSX here at the end of next week for the Stl Auto show.

4th attempt. Posted an account of the Naias in Motown this week, then recanted as it was too critical, and deleted, knocked off this site twice more.

Have to be honest however, the new NSX is awesome in person. Wish we could have gotten closer than 6' (maybe a perk for current owners? Not a chance). There were only a couple of other cars, actually only the Ford GT that even came within a snowballs throw. Granted Audi had it's R, S and RS series and Jaguar the F, the Maserati coupe, Beemer screamers, and the Alfa,etc. There were a few lower end sports cars, Scion's FR-S and Subaru's BRZ that along with the Mini concept that look fun. On the domestic side, the Vette, CRS-V (incidentally positioned with a better presentation, right next door to the NSX), the Hellcat. But can't tell you how happy I am with my "Dragon Lady" even after looking at this heavy and expensive iron that is all three, heavier, more expensive and faster. Don't care, she's a touch of Heaven.

The NSX is absolutely head and shoulders on top, and stunning, however as a former marketing and customer guy, I have to ask why the higher ups here, chose Snow White and the 4 or 5 dwarfs as a venue, minus Snow White. I met Sleepy in an old business suit and needing deodorant, along with a guy in a Grey Polyester sport coat and Sansabelt slacks behind the info booth. I'll bet the shoes were early Hush Puppy. Not to knock anyone's brand or product, but look at the comps folks. Everyone else in the place had either "cool casual" or classy ladies and guys in true "business casual", with knife pressed seams on the slacks. We are selling cars that run from $28-155,000 here. Even the Fiat group was dressed better than this.

Bear with me for one more rant. When I showed droopy drawers my Iniobtanium key and said "Is there a poster for owners?". I got a "Nah". Even the Fiat group did the five or ten up on this group. Even had to go to Ebay for my NSX souvenir. Did that.

Great time, worth the time and money to go, if you get the chance take it.
Best,
D

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say HI, hope all are good. Haven't really got a chance to take the NSX out, my tuning is a little off - the idle is bad, and there has been some condensation coming out as smoke from the PCV. Met Dave Dozier couple weeks back, he has a tremendous knowledge of NSX's. He checked the car and right away when he saw the piggyback ECU I have on my X, he asked me to change it immediately. Got all the parts for upgrading it, going with Infinity 6 ECU. Just waiting on Dave to get it installed and Dyno tune the car, so that I can drive it again. That's my story, how is your NSX treating you?

Thought we'd pass along what they didn't offer to current owners at the booth, (which might have been neat), received today. Had to procure on Ebay. Also, don't miss the Ted Klaus Aerodynamics post on the 2nd generation forum, really educational. Super Engineering. Sorry for the side view, couldn't find a way to delete and replace, however, right click on it and you will get upright version. Incidentally, that's a Manhattan in the background. It must be 5PM somewhere. Dragon Lady "confined to quarters" with snow coming.

"Dang me, Dang me, ought to take a rope and hang me" Roger Miller akf "You can't roller skate in a Buffalo herd". Boy, you can tell this guy's age.<ggg>
D

PS anyone else out there besides Rahul and I?</ggg>

Attachments

• nsx 2015 NAIAS souvenir.JPG
    nsx 2015 NAIAS souvenir.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Back