• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Up the River Road to Pierre Marquette Lodge for dinner, (too bad there's still salt on the streets) had to take the sedan. New and old Camaros, Mustangs, many bikes and a lonely beautiful older Carerra, (told the owner that he was braver than me) but not an NSX. You all must be as concerned as I am about the effects of salt on the working parts. Hoping for a little rain and some warm days.
D

Last edited:
I know the weather was great yesterday, was temped to take the car out but my car still has the rough idle. I am still waiting on Dave Dozier to install the new ECU and dyno tune the car, so I can finally drive it.

Oh, it ain't goin' to be this weekend according to the Weather Fairy. A snowbound wonder perhaps.

Unless of course, the Polar Vortex is moved either North or South by the Urban Heat Island. <ggg></ggg><GGG>

Last edited:
In the words of St. Louis's famous Chicken Man, "Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll". Targa top seals have come in, now all we need is the weather to get them installed. Can't believe the expense, however the previous owner didn't take care, and it truly needs to be done. Don't want to say what we will drop for all we've done this year. Next year 20 years old for the Lady. Hope to keep her in super mechanical shape, for the time when we can't get in and out. <GGG> Looking forward to some good weather to begin driving for a bit, and seeing the rest of you all here in the Gateway city. Anyone awake? Buehler Buehler Anyone Anyone?

Got a new battery couple weeks back; Dave is back from his race at COTA in Texas, so he is getting my new AEM Infinity 6 ECU ready to load the base map, we will try to get the car in shop sometime this week or early next to get them all installed and dyno-tune. In the meantime I am ordering the Window-Kit from Hugo (this kit will make the windows go up and down faster), already got the SOS fix-it-thingy's. Looks like lot of work will be done this summer.

That's my story, what have you all been up to? Can we all get together for a drive next weekend maybe? It's always nice to meet more NSX owners.

Looking like Sunday could be a pick day. Need the time behind the wheel. It's been waaaaaaaay too long.

Sunday was my all cleaning day, its weird that my daily driver took less time to clean than NSX (the NSX gets regular cleaning and I haven't cleaned my daily in almost 5 months)

I got out Sunday the 8th for a nice run from here (Edwardsville,IL) to Llewelyn's in Webster Groves. Felt great to blow the cobwebs out after a couple of month's storage! Can't wait for Cars & Coffee to start up again.

Hello Wavey1, its nice to see another NSX guy here. I and Tyler are planning another drive in Alton early morning this weekend, maybe you could join us too, let us know if you can make it so that we can plan with everyone's schedule in mind.

Don - as you could not drive with us last time, maybe you can plan on joining us this time

Have you all set a time and place. Looking at Saturday, seems to be a good day. Not sure where we are yet, everyone has a boss, and after 52 years, I certainly know who mine is, but will make an attempt to connect.

I am fine with early morning run and bet Tyler is too
we can decide on the exact time depending on your schedule Don

Or there is a cruise coming up on Sunday from St. Charles (Pur Performance); my friend sent me an invite for it and I am thinking to go there. If this works for you, we can do this instead

Rahul,
I'm comfortable with coffee somewhere early too, if it works for you all, and could bring some of our "world class apple fritters" from Kelly's in Florissant if anyone is interested, however, Sunday is Church at 8am and following for me, my boss and the Dragon Lady if it's sunny <ggg>. She's been out today, and a good run out to MidRivers and back. Am comfortable all the belts and hoses (3 years old) are good, and last years tire replacement, now has the flat spots heated off, with the 45 or so miles on the OD today. Text me if you've got a suggestion. Think you have the number, however if not, I'll give it to you when we get together. Will check this venue late tonite and early tomorrow am.
Best,
D
ps I'll bring the latest toy that I purchased this week at a Wal Mart in KY for $12. New NSX from New Bright.
</ggg>

Last edited:
Don - I do not have your number, I just text-ed Tyler and he is fine meeting up for coffee tomorrow morning.
If you see this, text me on 910-495-6714 and confirm

Sorry guys, I just caught this and have other commitments today. But please keep me in the loop for future drives...

Hey Don... was coming from Bommarito Honda yesterday and saw you parked outside the post office. Not sure if you saw a white one cruise by you. :wink:

Lookin' forward to meeting up with you guys later...

I did manage to get my wife to agree to take the X to our grandson's birthday party late yesterday. Trunk packed with presents, had a great drive from here (Edwardsville) to Ballwin and back. Saw a Lotus Evora near 270/70, sweet!

Yesterday was a perfect day for cruising... whether meetin' up for coffee or hauling around b'day presents. Hope your grandson had a blast on his birthday. :smile:

Tyler

Our Church is sponsoring a "Car Gathering" on 4-25, 10-3 and there will be at least one NSX in attendance for part of it. Immanuel Lutheran, St. Charles MO. Not sure on prizes etc. but main thought is activity for the community and awareness for the College. There may just be a few car guys there. <GGG> Contact yours truly if interested.
Best,
Don

Don,

I will definitely try to make it there. Hopefully my car will be done by then :p

who will be coming to Cars & Coffee at West-port plaza this Saturday? It starts at 8AM

Your car done?

Don - actually I thought my car will be ready by today, but I am waiting on a new window regulator (the drivers side window panel is off the car right now). If it doesn't rain I and Tyler will come to C&C in his NSX, if it rains we will just come in our DD

are you planning to come to C&C?

Someone with a red one with aftermarket wheels was parked at west county mall today. I should have asked for a ride lol.

Last edited:
not me for sure :p but wish I was riding my car this weekend

Aaron - do you own an NSX in St. Louis?

Last edited:
Not I said the old grey wolf. Wishful thinking, as there is not a speck of grey, blond, brunete or black hair on my head. <ggg>. Could be CL65Captain</ggg>

Last edited:
Back