• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

I will not be able to attend the next C&C, but for sure will have the X out for July's C&C (rain or shine)

For those of you that are interested, I'm going to try and put together at least 4 gatherings for the guys in and around the STL area. I know the RockHill Starbucks lot is a crap shoot from time to time, and not everyone can make it. Just as rsm578 mentioned. We can keep it as mild, or semi-wild as you guys would like.

So if you're down, check out my recent post and please throw some feed back in there. We have several guys that are a wealth of NSX, and track knowledge, not to mention great guys to possibly make new friends with.

Again, as I said....check the Midwest US Region section and look for my recent post. I'm positive with everyone's input, we can get some great meets put together!

Hey Joe.... where have you been? Good to see you back on here, my friend.

Tyler

at last there is some life in this thread, for sure we can plan some meets. But make sure they are not in June :p
anytime after that Rahul will be back

Welllllllll..... I was SURE I would make it to next weekend's C&C, til my lovely bride reminded me it's our 35th anniversary and we're going out of town. Stupid life, interfering with my car fun.

Hope that we can skip the copious rain we've been having. Can't get the lady out except for short warm up bursts just to keep her in shape following the major surgery (timing belt and water pump, along with misc expensive fix). <ggg></ggg>

Trip rescheduled to the next weekend, so I will make it to the Westport C&C this Saturday 6/20. Anyone else going?

Last edited:
It was great to meet some other owners at C&C last Saturday! That's my '92 in the back, Jeff's '92 in front of it and John's '96 Targa. I also enjoyed talking with the younger S2000 guys; they reminded me of myself at that age.

Attachments

• C&C1_6:15.jpg
    C&C1_6:15.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 19
  • C&C2_6:15.jpg
    C&C2_6:15.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 16
Sorry we had to miss you guys, family in from Tx, KC, Dickinson ND and Honolulu. Lookin good
Don

Took my grandson (USAF) out last nite in the Dragon Lady for some spirited driving, and had a ball, but significantly, he mentioned how quiet the car was at speed, and how smooth. WE try to keep it mechanically at the top for a stock car, but realized only after I bought a new air filter for the big sedan and put it in last nite, how badly it needed it. Difference even only after about 6 months and this bad spring with the all the copious cottonwood stuff, is amazing. Just sharing.
Mr. Sensitivity

Just a thought guys, what do you suppose could happen if we arrived "en masse" at Ted Drewes some night or on a Saturday say 1pm when every one could make it? And...................................what if someone called a local TV station say an hour and a half in advance and announced a real get together of exotic machines from the 90's perhaps.

Now wondering if there is anyone in St. Louis reading. Buehler, Buehler, anyone, anyone? Was this just a bad idea?

Rahul,
Good to see you back, and Congratulations! Hope that all you had to do went well. We'll have to see what fits for all, and then hopefully put something together. I'm thinking a gathering of Super Cars from the 90's trumps (pardon the pun) whatever is headlines on any of the network channels lately <GGG>.

thats a nice idea to have a meet like that (90's supercars) Don

I now nominate you to lead this event ;)

Cars and coffee 7-15 Westport Plaza St. Louis. Sunny and 86@ 8:30cars and coffee 7-15.jpg

Sorry I couldn't make it, guys! That red Targa passed the other way on 270 about 10:15 (I was on Grandpa duty in our BMW). Catch you next month I hope. BTW, I returned Friday from a 1600 mile solo trip to NC in the X, what a blast!

Attachments

• 1514977_1091378364224487_6281806057563449735_n.jpg
    1514977_1091378364224487_6281806057563449735_n.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Had fun hanging with you both, Don and Rahul. Even tho it was getting pretty hot... we still had a blast.

As far as a Ted Drew's gathering goes... you can count me in. ;)

In the words of St. Louis' Chicken Man " Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll" Think I have used that before. That makes 3 committed. Thanks Tyler, enjoy yours and Rahul's company. You keep me young and I learn as much from you two as I pass along . And........yes Wavey, I admit to heading North with the top off <GGG>. Glad that there is more than one Grandfather in this group, your trip was, I am sure a memory maker. Neat pic. Couldn't do the top off prior, without losing some of the cabin top seals as mine was originally a FL car, and probably had the top off more than on for the first 60,000 miles. Sun and the sea salt on the Eastern coast along with no Shinetsu grease therapy set me up to replace the front and rear top seals this year. You don't want to know the cost, mostly seals. If you have the Targa, recommend greasing the seals at least once every 2 months. LMK and I will bring along to share next get together. I have plenty. Now to the right seat back adjuster. Have the parts thanks to a friend in Indy.

We'll figure out a couple of options for Ted Drews, and put it up to a vote.

So who is going to the C&C this weekend in Chesterfield? Its at St. Louis Motorsports from 10-12

I may pop over for a bit on Saturday. Ted Drewes is a possibility as well pending details... i need to get out more!

There you go, I now see some NSX action in St. Louis finally :)

Alright Don - looks like everyone is up for Ted Drewes, now come with dates and time

Glad I brought the sedan. Arrived early but didn't stay, got caught in the rain. Anyone else there and comments on attendance?

Back