• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Doin' a little front spoiler touchup today, wash & detail tomorrow.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Xtouchup.jpg
    Xtouchup.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 175
Spray cans from Painscratch.com. Great company, excellent match, and they offer everything from small touchup tubes to full gallons. The Formula Red came as a can of basecoat red, a can of intermediate coat which is a red tinted clear (just like the factory) and a can of clear. Good stuff. I didn't waste a bunch of time on prep, just masked, hit it with with a Scotchbrite pad and a solvent wipe. It's just the front edge of the spoiler, which will get damaged again I'm sure.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Hope to see everyone this Saturday. Weather looks promissing!

Keep your eyes open for these guys.
Don
s-l1600.jpg

Would like to pick one up, but will wait for the stores. $8 for a Hot wheels 1/64 is a tad on the high side, but thanks anyway. There are none of the red or white in the local stores. I have bought about 20 to hand out to kids at the shows when they want to sit in the car, which I let them do. Kind of a pay it forward thing which I promised to my partner in the car, the Big Guy upstairs, for goal setting for young people.
D

Last edited:
I'm on the hunt for the white one too. Hmmmm... I wonder why? :biggrin:

That's very admirable what you are doing with these toys for the kids, Don. I have a new appreciation for you when I met you at your home... and also enjoyed meeting your lovely wife, Carol. :smile:

Tyler,
Thanks. We really enjoyed having you here, thanks for sharing your talent, I wouldn't have done that myself. I enjoy meeting my bride of almost 53 years every morning. I have a plethora of women in my life that are all my loves, my bride, my daughter, my daughters in law, and my 6 grand girls, 5 granddaughters and a granddaughter-in-law, all sensitive, smart and beautiful in my eyes. Also a grand mistress, the Dragon Lady....................................an affair that is OK with all of them. It just doesn't get any better than this!

In addition a basket of friends, I count you as at least 2. It is said if a man has 1 or 2 good friends he is really rich. I can't count them, so I really must be a gazillionaire.

Getting over popping a code at almost redline coming off the Northbound Page to 270 cloverleaf which I thoroughly enjoyed with a Mitsubishi on my six sorry, but absolutely no contest, (the dust we leave is so satisfying), keep up with me here, I'm old and jump around, which turned out to be a heater on the O2 sensor, normally a $3-400 part and install, but giving the business to my buddy in Boston, which will be a little over a hun and the install. I could buy the part on the internet for $20 or 30 less, but I owe Mitch so much, for putting the car in shape for the 1,206 mile drive home, that I would rather give him the business. He's a former super star Chief NSX tech, now with his own shop, and an intimate relationship with the car.

I would only hope, as you and Rahul have mentioned, that we could entice the balance of the gang here in the "LOU" to join us once in a while and "share" (term from Mr. Sensitivity) the enjoyment we get out of this absolutely amazing piece of engineering that is so underrated by the "experts". Nothing better than a little noise from Rahul and you, idling through the pack,me following quietly with OEM exhausts, of "heavy iron" that cost 3-7 times as much, and getting the looks of the young car guys 6 or 7 to 80+. Eat your collective hearts out Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, etc.
Don

Last edited:
In February, it will be 3 years of friendship, Don. It's always a pleasure when we have a chance to catch up cuz you certainly hold your own when it comes to conversation, my friend. Even tho you may be the oldest of the "3 Musketeers"... you are just as fun and energetic. You definitely get respect from these two young lads. :smile:

As far as trying to get other X owners to meet, Rahul and I have come to realize we've done all we could do. These days, I just enjoy taking leisurely drives when time and weather permits. Took my white lady out yesterday for a fill up and was surrounded by 4 guys who truly admire our cars. As always, first couple questions was "Does it have a turbo or is it supercharged"? It's pretty cool to see the excitement these NSX's put on others and it does make ownership feel great. :biggrin:

Last edited:
In February, it will be 3 years of friendship, Don. It's always a pleasure when we have a chance to catch up cuz you certainly hold your own when it comes to conversation, my friend. Even tho you may be the oldest of the "3 Musketeers"... you are just as fun and energetic. You definitely get respect from these two young lads. :smile:

As far as trying to get other X owners to meet, Rahul and I have come to realize we've done all we could do. These days, I just enjoy taking leisurely drives when time and weather permits. Took my white lady out yesterday for a fill up and was surrounded by 4 guys who truly admire our cars. As always, first couple questions was "Does it have a turbo or is it supercharged"? It's pretty cool to see the excitement these NSX's put on others and it does make ownership feel great. :biggrin:

thats true, we are done trying to get St. Louis NSX crowd out

Geez, where was everyone at C&C? I thought we were going to have at least 7 cars there? In any case, great to meet you Rahul and Tyler! Saw the black car too but couldn't track down the owner and don't know who that was. There was some awesome machinery there today, really good turnout.

Was a pleasure to finally meet you too, Dave. At least there was two X's there to represent (would have been three had we resolved Rahul's wheel issue). :smile:

What was the problem?

What was the problem?

I just got a new set of wheels and they were originally on another NSX without any problems, but for some reason when I put them on my car they were rubbing against the brake calipers. Luckily I took tyler's 5mm spacers from his car and now the problem is gone. Thanks again tyler :) now I owe you a set of spacers for your car

today we came to know there is another sebring silver 91 X in St. Louis. We met the owner at Gateway Motorsports Park, I think his name was Major or something like that

Is that the one with the vents cut in the hood?

Tyler,
Did you both take off the stripes on the cars? Can't see Rahul's. Those wheels are lookin' good.
D

Is that the one with the vents cut in the hood?

I honestly dont know, that guy said he haven't driven his car in months. in Last 5 years he only put 400 miles on it

- - - Updated - - -

Tyler,
Did you both take off the stripes on the cars? Can't see Rahul's. Those wheels are lookin' good.
D

yes Don we did take off the stripes, will most likely go for black ones this time

Don,

Yes, I took mine off a while back cuz I am going for a less aggressive look. I think my GWP should have a more classy look. :wink:

Last edited:
Your wheels look great Rahul! Here's the silver car I was thinking of, from about 4 years ago.The guy (Chris) had just got the car from Chicago.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• NSXmine:chris2.jpg
    NSXmine:chris2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 51
  • SlveNSXchris1.jpg
    SlveNSXchris1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 50
we have so many of our cars here and yet only few participate in our community

Dave - I dont think its this car he showed me on his IPad, he had his roof painted to match rest of the car

That hood duct is really distinctive so you probably would have noticed it. It was fabricated into the stock hood and it was really well done.

Back