• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

ive seen similar hoods before, I guess someone makes these

Last edited:
Yesterday I and Tyler met another NSX owner in Alton. His name is Mike and he has a beautiful red/black 91, his car is in real good condition (love his wheels, almost looks like advan model 5's). It was nice talking to him, he is a big gear head, love his collection of cars, bikes and did I mention airplanes.

Wow, I had no idea there was someone in Alton with one! Thanks guys!

BTW, my OEM head unit finally and totally shot craps, so I pulled it yesterday. Sending it to Daryl Willman for the retrofit. I'll report on how that goes when I get it back, might need to do the speaker amps too?

Dave - Mike lives in South County, we just met him in Alton; we all came for spirited driving with weather being so nice yesterday

Ahhh, got it! There are some great roads north of Alton and across the ferry to Calhoun County. I hit my highest speed ever in my 911 on the River Road, one Sunday about 5 AM :->

- - - Updated - - -

Just informed that there are at least 3 White NSXs at the Chesterfield Target.... get over there Don!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 11049588_10205532196886674_1961782134778025385_n.jpg
    11049588_10205532196886674_1961782134778025385_n.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 313
this weekend is supposed to have great weather for fun driving. Who all is taking out their cars this weekend?

I might not be able to take mine out though, cousins over this weekend

I haven't had the car out in a couple of weeks, bad 02 sensor, now have Denso installed after a bit of a battle getting the old one out, have a deck and wallpaper to do. but I will be out on Saturday AM sometime. It's getting too close to put away time.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the lead. I finally decided to buy a couple of lots on ebay so I've got about 20 to hand out. Average cost a little above .95, but ok by me for the kids.

Hey guys, last minute coffee get together tomorrow @ 8 and beyond at the Starbucks on Olive and Craig Rd about a mile East of 270, there will be at least 2 of us, and you all if you come. Hope that we'll have a bunch from the area. I'll try for the TV cameras, <ggg><ggg><GGG></ggg></ggg>

Last edited:
Looking forward to catching up since we last visited, Don. I'll give Rahul a wake up call... hahaha!!! :biggrin:

The Dragon Lady is parked, hopefully not for the entire winter, and on the Chaagaa after washing. Great time on Saturday guys, what a way to spend the morning. Coffee at Starbucks, check out the new digs of Exotic Motors, right down the street from one of the other car museum/storage classic car warehouses, breakfast at the Sunrise Cafe, what a bargain and the fluffiest (don't you love the word ) pancakes I've had in a long time, then a visit to the museum and storage near Page and Warson. For those that haven't been, this one is a hoot. Some really old vehicles from the 30's and 40's, there's a collection of 50's, a couple of Merc Sun Valleys, 54 & 55, a 54 Kaiser Darrin, a Ford Sunliner, cousin to the Sun Valleys in white, pink and black, Corvettes and Porshe's a twin turbo Supra with under 1,800 miles, (correct me if I'm wrong guys), just to name a few. Nostalgic place, we are fortunate here to have close to 10 or 12 of these places in our area. Then just up 55, to Livingston/Staunton IL is one of the best unrestored storage and display group of barns with about 4-500 30's to 80's cars for sale. We ought to organize a trip.
Best,
D
ps if you have a targa, don't forget the Shinetsu grease on the top and door seals before you put it away. Could save you $2,400 in replacement seals. voice of experience speaking, after a replacement this year. Cheap insurance with a yearly checkup.

Last edited:
Hello,
Is anyone out there? A blessed late Thanksgiving and early Christmas greeting to you all! The month is passing quickly. Miss the opportunity to get on the road. Over the top on the 90,000 mile mark.

Good thing the "lady" is in the garage, she doesn't like rain. Lots to do here for a retired guy, don't know when I had time to work. Wondering if any of the other old guys are watching here. Parts on order tomorrow for a couple of fixes ( window clips from SOS and some more fender clips), just had the sedan updated with a new drivers side inside door handle. Glad it was this week, not fun opening the window to get out in the rain. You would think I was one of the "Dukes of Hazzard" for 2 weeks whilst we waited for the part.

Have an electric door lock switch we took out if anyone needs one. Also a MOMO gear shift handle, for the X, looks new.
Best,
Don

Don - My graduation is this sunday at St. Charles Family Arena @ 2pm
Here is the address - 2002 Arena Pkwy, St Charles, MO 63303

I will be there around 12:30

I'm heading to StL with my lovely bride this afternoon, to do a little shopping and have dinner with one of the daughters, her hubby and our granddaughter. Going to the CWE and Brentwood areas, dinner in Clayton. My retrofitted OEM radio from Daryl Willman is due back any day and I can't wait to get that installed (hope the OEM speakers are working and adequate.) Then she's going up on jack stands to get the Bilsteins and S springs done as I have time over the winter, plus a few other projects (tierod ends, SOS rack bushings, O2 sensors, etc.) Scored a beautiful new set of OEM floor mats too. I really want her back on the road asap in the spring!

Hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving and will have great end-of-the-year holidays!

Congrats on the MBA Rahul, We'll be there
Don - My graduation is this sunday at St. Charles Family Arena @ 2pm
Here is the address - 2002 Arena Pkwy, St Charles, MO 63303

I will be there around 12:30

attachment.php

Thanks Don for this wonderful graduation present. It was nice seeing you at the graduation yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_1921.jpg
    IMG_1921.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 203
I, Don and Tyler are meeting at Starbucks on Olive/Craig Rod tomorrow at 9AM, and we might go for brunch. If anyone of you are still around feel free to join us

The Lady is warm and ready for a morning run. Took about 6 miles to get her temp to normal. With the new O2 sensor for some reason, she doesn't heat up as quickly. Could be the o/s temp I guess, Duh.

Anyone else out there besides the 3 of us. Anyone, Patrick, anyone, Buehler, Buehler, Anyone?

BTW there's a Delorean @ Schmitt on Lindberg and a dynamite Gregio Titan grey Huracan @ first digit 3, out on Arnage Drive in the valley. Have to see it in person for the full effect. No more Maserati's, as they "don't compete well in the under 100k market." ( the Gibli is in the $70's and the full one 80-90). Whoa. And if you haven't seen the Alfa Giulia, neat Maserati powered sedan, according to those in the know.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that my Dragon Lady isn't the only thing that is hibernating in this cold weather. Anyone else up?

All I've done IS touch the car in the last month! I had the console, both door panels and the passenger floor disassembled. I had Daryl Willman do the Clarion retrofit to the head unit, sent the speaker amps to BrianK for rebuilding, added a pair of tweeters to the original door speaker boxes, and trouble-shot all the stereo wiring. Also lubed the window tracks and made new plastic liners for the doors. Pulled the OEM CD player and associated wiring in the trunk. The stereo sounds great, I have a cable for my iPhone, and the windows are running faster. Now on to a bunch of smaller projects, then the shocks and springs before winter is over. Can't wait to get out again next spring!

Back