• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

OK, so 3/10 (Saturday) at 10am at the Bently/Lambo dealer in Chesterfield Valley (Don, at 10am the roads get quite busy so if you can make it earlier that would be better). That's my stompin grounds so I'll put together a route for a drive (lots of good roads close by). I'll bring some coffee and cups. I'll try and keep an attendance list updated here:

Coming so far:
Pat (NSX)
Don (NSX)
Dave (NSX/No Drive)
DRK92 (?)
Joe (NSX - out-of-service)

Joe, you probably have a list put together already, so if you could send out a blanket invite and keep me updated that will help.

FYI - Rain or snow will cancel this drive.

Hope to see all the usual suspects there!

Last edited:
Just talked to the manager of the Lambo/Bently dealer in Chesterfield Valley and they are having their first of the year "Cars and Coffee" that same day from 9am to 11am. If you haven't been to one of their get-togethers you're in for a treat. Full service coffee bar with bakery goods (I won't be bringing coffee). There will also be race boats and motorcycles for viewing. The manager said it would be fine for us to meet there but that parking may be tight so we might want to line up single file on the street there.

Hope to see you all there -

Subscribing - If the weather is good, I will be able to meet up but no drive for me, I have to much work to do to take the whole day off. I am prepping two Z06's and my car for the Putnam Track day in April and the weekends are my only chance to get things done. I will be ready for a distraction by then.

Since we have a couple of retired guys now, maybe we can actually plan out a summer schedule with some dinner invites to the KC, Chicago and Indy guys. I use the term "we" but I really mean "YOU". :biggrin:

Good to see you found your way home Don, cant wait to see the new car.

Dave

I am not sure about the drive either as I have a meeting early pm that I need to prepare for and can't take a chance on missing, but since I don't have to bring the fritters this time, as they are being provided, will try to be there early. Dave, look forward to meeting you after all your help in the beginning.

What's this about retired guys, this one is still working 50-60 a week and wondering why it isn't like it was when I was in my 50's and guys actually took early retirement with a package. No packages today, but I'm still having fun, and this is just a part of it. Being the new 35 keeps you up with the kids, just by being around them. There is the thought that youth will outsmart age and experience, but there are some of us that want to change their minds.
Donk

I took my package and didn't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out. More ways to stay young than work.

I guess I won't be seeing anyone in my rearview mirror :tongue:.

Pat,
Looking forward to meeting you as well. I am accustomed to getting the old guy rap as well as being a token Yankee in the Southern organization I work for.

When I was looking at these neat beasts we are driving, and having my young son-in-law beat me to the punch by a year and a half, never dreaming I would be buying one, all the owners I met save one or two, were young guys. Now it is the young guys that are pulling up alongside with their cameras and giving me the thumbs up.

Interesting part is that a lot of kids in the under 25 range know what the car is, and even some of it's history, and they weren't around when it was being engineered.
Best,
Donk

I am accustomed to getting the old guy rap as well as being a token Yankee in the Southern organization I work for.

Ooh, my bad. From all the conversations we had and your own self described "Old Guy" I made the assumption you were retired. I do have an idea, You keep working and I will retire, all I need is for you to sign a small little form with the IRS that will sign over your SS. I will take good care of it and only spend your money on NSX related things, like track time and tires. Let me know if this works for you. I will even take care of your NSX.:wink:

Don't feel bad Pat the offer is open to you as well.:biggrin:

Dave

:biggrin: Dave not a bad here! I actually, (don't you love the word) had essentially the same offer from my broker who took over my account when my best friend died, to "manage" my IRA for 2% several years ago, when he handed me a notebook flip chart to look at during my "leisure time". This was over breakfast, (that I bought). I didn't let my best friend "manage" my IRA either, especially after he sold me Penn Central (one of the classics) in the 60's.

No one cares about your money more than you do. Especially not a p.a. small IRA. Thank you Bernie Madoff for making that abundantly clear to the rest of us.
Warm regards,
Don

The humor just abounds here, looking forward to meeting you guys.
Don :smile:

Oh well, I guess I will have to keep my day job. By the way I never said anything about managing your money, I was going to spend it.:biggrin:

Dave

Looked at the calendar and past events, and the last post was 2004, so thought we'd add us to the calendar and hope that someone else besides the 3 of us sees it and maybe Pat will have someone in his rear view mirror. :cool:
Don

Last edited:
Been trying to catch up on your guys posts. I won't have my car ready by March 10th either unfortunately. I will come up however to show my ugly mug and catch up with you guys.

I had a few things hold me up this weekend, and I didn't get the rest of the wiring done on my methanol set up, so I'll be chipping away at it through the week into next weekend.

I think Dave's idea with the dinner deal sounds very appealing. If anyone has any ideas on a drive route, and a favored dinner establishment I would be more than happy to work together with you guys to get it set up.

Especially since we're basically stepping into Spring!!! Thank God winter is pretty much over.

It's play time!!!

Weather is looking good for Sat. Sunny and 60*

See you guys there.

Dave

Someone vandalized my NSX this week, so it will be in the bodyshop for the next 4-5 weeks :frown:

Someone vandalized my NSX this week, so it will be in the bodyshop for the next 4-5 weeks :frown:

I read your post, that sucks. I was hoping it wouldn't be in the shop so soon and you'd bring it so we could all cry together. I hope the shop does you proud.

4 NSX's and a Maserati at the St. Louis gathering. Thanks guys, great to meet you all. Enjoyed the conversation. Sorry we couldn't do the drive, know that had to be good!

Attachments

• kevin w 008.jpg
    kevin w 008.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 59
  • kevin w 009.jpg
    kevin w 009.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 60
  • kevin w 011.jpg
    kevin w 011.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
It was a nice drive on a perfect day. Had to keep checking my rearview mirror though :wink:. Thanks for posting the pictures and hope to see you at future drives.

The way I figured it, taking up the rear from the start would avoid the embarrassment of being passed. Nice ride on a nice day!

Back