• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

New member here, 91 NSX silver on black, bought it from a fellow Prime member. Will post pictures soon. I am already appreciative of some local NSX Prime help!

Welcome to this small group. Hope to meet you at some of the activities.
Warm regards,
Don

New member here, 91 NSX silver on black, bought it from a fellow Prime member. Will post pictures soon. I am already appreciative of some local NSX Prime help!

Welcome! Was it a local buy? It might have been owned by Dave Dozier at one time..

POST PICS!

Welcome! Was it a local buy? It might have been owned by Dave Dozier at one time..

POST PICS!

That one's mine :)

Havent been out much lately. Decided to get back into triathlons so most if my weekends have been spent swimming/biking/running. So much so that now i need to rebuild a caliper, replace a battery, and still need to swap my oil pan gasket... Poor girl needs some love!

That one's mine :)

Havent been out much lately. Decided to get back into triathlons so most if my weekends have been spent swimming/biking/running. So much so that now i need to rebuild a caliper, replace a battery, and still need to swap my oil pan gasket... Poor girl needs some love!

Yeah, you got the crazy friend who dresses up in public! For some reason, I thought you sold it...

I'm not in the St. Louis area, but I have family that lives up there...I'm in Springfield, and I'm putting a deposit down on an NSX today. I'm a little bit nervous, as this will be my first NSX, but I can't wait to fly out and pick it up!

Just do yourself a favor, Enjoy the trip back. This is one of the best road vehicles in it's class, and is as comfortable for long stretches as my RL. My NSX was driven back from Boston last year and I absolutely had a ball despite 10 hour days behind the wheel and being alone. Such solace I have not had since, just pure joy through the gears. The only disconcerting thing is that at the speed limit, the speedo is only 1/3 of the way to the top. <GGG> I did have the hoses and belts replaced prior to bringing it back 1300 miles though.
Enjoy, and welcome!
Don
ps What did you buy and where?

Last edited:
Just do yourself a favor, Enjoy the trip back. This is one of the best road vehicles in it's class, and is as comfortable for long stretches as my RL. My NSX was driven back from Boston last year and I absolutely had a ball despite 10 hour days behind the wheel and being alone. Such solace I have not had since, just pure joy through the gears. The only disconcerting thing is that at the speed limit, the speedo is only 1/3 of the way to the top. <GGG> I did have the hoses and belts replaced prior to bringing it back 1300 miles though.
Enjoy, and welcome!
Don
ps What did you buy and where?

It's not paid for just yet...I need to go out and drive it first before I unload the rest of the money on the owner, but I did put down a $2000 deposit for him to hold it and take it off the market for me.

The details, however, are that it's a GPW 92 with 122k miles on it, and I'll be making some interior restorations in the near future.

I don't really want to jynx myself by gloating just yet, so I'll leave it at that, but what I can say is that I'll be making the same 1300 mile trek back from where I'm getting it, so it should be a fun experience. I will be without my fiance, unfortunately(we love taking trips together), but even so, I think it's going to be a good trip.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I look forward to being able to get together with you guys whenever possible.

How many of you typically go to the NSXPO?

I flew out to San Francisco and drove mine back by myself..... 36 hour drive. I looked and felt like a damn zombie...by the time I got home.

Yeah, you got the crazy friend who dresses up in public! For some reason, I thought you sold it...

Yup, he's on the forum... Was (is?) Selling two nsx's, both autos.

I've kicked around selling it since I'm just not driving it (<1,000 this summer), but man... I love driving it haha. I should be back on a few drives next spring.

These cars just eat up the miles on a road trip! They are so comfortable: long wheelbase (relative to the overall size) and well-designed seats make it an absolute joy to cruise the open road. I took her to Omaha over the weekend to see a friend, lets just say I got there waay faster than Google maps suggested and I had zero driver fatigue-a stark contrast to the S2000 I had (which was like flying long distance in a WWII fighter). 5th is nice and long on these NA1's so I actually got over 30mpg (!)

Drove the NSX 6 hrs from Cincinnati back to St Louis yesterday. My house has been on the market since March with not one offer. Decided to rent it and within a week had five people wanting to sign leases. I signed a 18 month lease with a couple so that it east takes it out to Spring 2014.

So as NOV 1, I'm back here in St Louis. Add one more red NSX to STL.

Congrats on the lease deal! Is that a picture of your new tenant in your avatar? ;-)

Well played, sir!
ibrVCOf3axowHE.gif

Back