• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

I want to have my seats redone - same as factory (tan with perfs). Any recommendations for auto upholstery shop in STL?

I think in this economy, I should be able to get a custom job done fairly close to leatherseats.com with a better end result.

I want to have my seats redone - same as factory (tan with perfs). Any recommendations for auto upholstery shop in STL?

I think in this economy, I should be able to get a custom job done fairly close to leatherseats.com with a better end result.

I think your best result will be to order the skin and find someone local to put them in. Almost everyone of the guys I know that use to do high end upholstery work have either closed or went to work for someone else. There are a few guys I know that work for MTI Boats out in Wentzville that now do there work in house because of this issue. I might be able to get you a name or two and see if they want to do any side work, but if time is an issue I would order the skins and either give it a go myself or find someone to put them in for me.

Dave

Wendy at Autohaus BMW on Hanley rd. is an absolute miracle worker with leather. Tell her that Don with the red NSX sent you. See my previous posts on this topic.
Regards,

Almost can't stand the no postings from the STL area. Have been out of the country for the past couple of weeks and not driven the Dragon Lady in almost a month and it's driving me nuts. Washed and covered her up. I don't know how I can begin to adapt to a retirement program when it happens, as I feel like a Toyota Prius at the stop sign the first couple of days following 2 weeks vacation. In neutral, no engine and only lights blinking. (just kidding, I don't know what a Prius looks like from the inside) Get Engaged Don!

Everyone else have their baby stored? Snow on Monday supposedly. Hoping for a little sunshine beginning of the week so I can get her out for a short run before attaching the charger.
Regards,
Don

Mine has been stored, but I had a weak moment last Saturday and drove it up to the Lambo dealership just to get out.

It's driving me nuts... I need a winter hobby..

We're between homes right now, so I have to store my NSX at a friends house... so in the meantime, my wife had this picture blown up of my car so that I have something to look at. Ha!

90y5ok.jpg

FYI - Don't know if it's been posted, but Flyeyes (Joe) wrecked his Nissan Cube a couple of weeks ago. Total loss on the Cube and he got banged up but feelin better now.
Today supposed to be in the upper 50's. Nice drivin weather. Just sayin -

Just to keep the thread going, had the Dragon Lady out after a month in storage, now in the garage for the week. Had to keep the flat spots off the tires and the battery charged along with driving long enough to keep the water out of the exhaust system <GGG>. Trader Joe's is a good run, about 10-12 miles. Don't know what's happening to personal time, doesn't seem to be enough. Really don't need an excuse to drive her, but am cautious about where to park where I cannot watch her, or someone isn't sitting inside. Paranoia strikes deep, and just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean that they aren't after you. Sorry to hear about Joe, it's getting crazy during the Holiday season. Watched a couple of accidents happen, and people just aren't aware of where they are, and most can't concentrate while talking on the phone. The best examples of total stupidity are those putting on makeup or reading in traffic at 60 mph on 270. You can't fix that.
Crabby old man.

Last edited:
Gotta say, getting out and knockin the dust off of the NSX on Dec 23 when it was warm was a really good time. Ran down a newly paved section of highway where I was the only one around for miiiiiiiiles.:biggrin: Was nice to rap her out real good and watch the tach and speedo needles just climb, climb, climb:tongue:

I was thinking of putting together a simple cars and coffee for the STL group if anyone's interested. I'm back on my feet, and feeling much better. Not 100%, and still having problems with my back from the accident, but my spirits are up and I'm right as rain.

Like Pat said, had a head-on collision that totaled out one of my cars and put me through the wringer. Thank goodness no broken bones, but still feeling some resonating back issues. Nothing that'll keep me down though.:smile:

Managed to brake a wheel, crack the block & trans, and pushed the radiator craddle over the top of the engine. The picture doesn't even do justice... I got lucky... Thank God it wasn't the NSX, lol.
Wrecked Cube 11-8-12.jpg

Us retired guys are always up for a coffee meet. Joe if you want to send out invites maybe we could talk donk into bringing fritters (heard that one before?).

Maybe if you went to a human hospital, instead of that animal hospital, they could get your back straight :wink:.

Last edited:
I'm down for a cars & coffee, but I'll be in my Element.

Joe.... DEADLIFTS BRO, that will fix you right up.

DANG JOE! Glad to hear you're okay.

Happy New Year, guys.

Hoping for some good excuses coming up this year to drive the car up for a day or two. Between my fiance's family nearby and my little brother being up there, too, I should be able to find a good enough reason.

Do you ever do a cars and coffee meet on a Sunday?

Pat, yeah I'd like to get out for coffee and have been watching the weather. Seems like we're in a cold spell for a week or so. As far as a day, I am currently working Saturdays. Which sucks, but it's a living. So maybe a Sunday in say maybe a couple weeks? I'll post up a thread with the info if you guys have a preferred date.

Eric, man... lol I was in Lowe's and bent over to pick up a light switch and mid bend my back pinched and I almost couldn't even walk straight out of the store. Deadlifts would kick whats left of my narrow ass. Haha....

ntenseone - Thanks, I'm doing better. I'm sure I can put together a couple drives this new year that'll have enough advanced notice.

Sitting here with a Manhattan and working, (eat your heart out, those of you without an office in the house, tough commute, 2 flights of stairs, or a 20 minute trip to the airport, mixed blessing though, it's always there! ) with Craig Caquico on the "in office" stereo. You know who he is, right? Lead guitarist from Starship, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship etc. Neat stuff, on the ipod that connects to the Dragon Lady who is sitting in the garage on a "chaaga" soft g (Boston pronounciation), just awaiting the key to ignite. Can't wait to get her out of the forced hibernation. Hope that they or nature cleans the salt off the streets so we can get together for coffee. I will still bring "fritters" as I get roasted on a consistent basis. Oh well, " if they don't pimp you regularly, they don't love you"
Don

Last edited:
Just joined the ranks! Some of you may recognize her, as the owner in LA had been a long time contributor and member on Prime. Just learned how tight nit, or small, the group here in STL is. Had my car brought in a few months back and have asked around a bit regarding finding that right person or shop as a "go-to" for any work. I was referred to "Pure Performance" by my local dealer here in O'fallon, MO. And after a call discover it's Dave Dozier, who I have read many threads from here on Prime, that would be doing the work through Pure Performance. That brings up the obvious question? Is Dave for hire as an independent or work is done through PP only? Just curious? Sorry to get off the subject. Anyway, very happy to join the ranks in STL, looking forward to Spring and Summer, so she can get some fresh air... fair weather car ONLY!

Just joined the ranks! Some of you may recognize her, as the owner in LA had been a long time contributor and member on Prime. Just learned how tight nit, or small, the group here in STL is. Had my car brought in a few months back and have asked around a bit regarding finding that right person or shop as a "go-to" for any work. I was referred to "Pure Performance" by my local dealer here in O'fallon, MO. And after a call discover it's Dave Dozier, who I have read many threads from here on Prime, that would be doing the work through Pure Performance. That brings up the obvious question? Is Dave for hire as an independent or work is done through PP only? Just curious? Sorry to get off the subject. Anyway, very happy to join the ranks in STL, looking forward to Spring and Summer, so she can get some fresh air... fair weather car ONLY!

Welcome. That's striker525's old car right? Cool ride brotha...

Welcome FroneyB, from one of the newbies to this site, almost 2 years. Hope we get to meet you at some point. More on the St Louis Coffee link.
Warm regards,
Don

Anyone out today? Thought about it, but didn't get back from HOA mtg and lunch till 3:30, so almost pointless. Well................tomorrow? Perhaps on a good day next week. On the chaaaga waiting to be disconnected and driven.

Anyone out today? Thought about it, but didn't get back from HOA mtg and lunch till 3:30, so almost pointless. Well................tomorrow? Perhaps on a good day next week. On the chaaaga waiting to be disconnected and driven.

I'm ALWAYS up for a drive.

Off the chaaaga for the next couple of sunny days. Stretched the girls legs for a couple of hours this afternoon. Out to designs in motion off Long road. if you haven't been there, you are in for Motorsports overload in minature. 1/18, 1/25 & 1/43 like you wouldn't believe. Then to look at the new RLX @Mungenast Acura, and to Trader Joes for flowers for mybride of 50 years. 2 hours with this mechanical psychologist was a delight.

Expect to have the Dragonlady out tomorrow again. Hope to see a couple of you all out.
don

Just thought I would pop in here and say, "Hello". I am a new owner for a 1996 GWP/TAN. Glad to know there is a forum for St. Louis owners. I've only had the car for a week and I am soooooo itching for the snow to melt and roads to dry up to get her out and washed.

Tyler

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering how many of you drive without the front license plate on? Contemplating whether to get one from SOS or risking getting pulled over. :rolleyes:

I was wondering how many of you drive without the front license plate on? Contemplating whether to get one from SOS or risking getting pulled over. :rolleyes:

Hello Tyler, I have had three different NSX in the St. Louis area from the mid 90's on and I have never run a front plate. It has never been an issue for me.

There is however something you can do to make it legal, send an email to your state rep and state senator to support the efforts to remove the front plate in the state of MO.
http://www.newstribune.com/news/2013/feb/07/kraus-renews-effort-end-front-license-plate/

Dave

Hello Tyler, I have had three different NSX in the St. Louis area from the mid 90's on and I have never run a front plate. It has never been an issue for me.

There is however something you can do to make it legal, send an email to your state rep and state senator to support the efforts to remove the front plate in the state of MO.
http://www.newstribune.com/news/2013/feb/07/kraus-renews-effort-end-front-license-plate/

Dave

Hi Dave,

What I'll do is get a front license plate bracket and leave it in the car. That way, if I get pulled over, I'll just say I just bought the bracket to put it on. :rolleyes:

I'll definitely go to the link... I just hate them front licence plates. Had it on my old 2001 Corvette and it totally killed the look of the car. :mad:

Tyler

Back