• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Welcome Ty,
Watch what happens now that I tell you that I haven't run a plate either. Good Idea on the bracket though. I keep my front plate in the car behind the right seat. One of our finest told me that he didn't think he'd stop an old guy like me, because his Dad had a 55 Tbird w/o a front plate, and he wouldn't stop him, then he qualified that by saying that if I was 40 years younger it could be a possibility.

Warm regards,
Don

Welcome Ty,
Watch what happens now that I tell you that I haven't run a plate either. Good Idea on the bracket though. I keep my front plate in the car behind the right seat. One of our finest told me that he didn't think he'd stop an old guy like me, because his Dad had a 55 Tbird w/o a front plate, and he wouldn't stop him, then he qualified that by saying that if I was 40 years younger it could be a possibility.

Warm regards,
Don

LOL.... I think we all jinx ourselves every now and then. :wink: How are you liking the red on tan? I was really looking for either a red or yellow, but ended up getting a white (which has grown on me). :biggrin: I've only had mine since Thursday so I might have to rely on you to tell me where you get yours serviced, etc. Thanks for the welcome Don. Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far.

Ty,
I have been doing business with Mungenast Acura since my first, a 1987 Legend. Steve Moss is the NSX rated mechanic, and I can't say enough good things about him. Not only is he a friend, he's a confidant, and will let me know what needs to be done, and not do it until I tell him so. All of my minor and major stuff on all of my Acura's, (5) have been done, and except for the NSX, have been purchased from them. Ray Mungenast, the principal, son of the Legendary Dave Mungenast, first in St. Louis with Honda and racing motorcyles is one fine guy, and though I am 20 years his senior age wise, we have grown up in the Acura business together. They don't come any finer. Feel free to PM me for a phone number and I'd be glad to discuss. Pardon the delay, have been in Chicago for the week, and after all the snow, wishing for some rain to wash away the salt so I can get the Dragon Lady out to wash her wheels.
Warm regards,
Don

LOL.... I think we all jinx ourselves every now and then. :wink: How are you liking the red on tan? I was really looking for either a red or yellow, but ended up getting a white (which has grown on me). :biggrin: I've only had mine since Thursday so I might have to rely on you to tell me where you get yours serviced, etc. Thanks for the welcome Don. Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far.

Hi Don,

Hope you had a great time in Chicago. I remember being there years and years ago during the winter and that was the last time.... too windy and bitterly cold.

Seems like the weather forecast keeps changing on us.... had to cancel my appointment to get a clear bra put on because when I woke up and saw snow this morning... I knew there would be more salt on the roads. I have this really bad itch to get the car out and see what it's made of.... LOL. However, not until the roads are all clear and dry.

I was reading up in one of the threads that Meyer Honda in IL has a really good certified NSX tech, but Mungenast is definitely closer. In fact, I was there last week to pick up some touch up paint and low and behold.... there was a red 91-93 NSX in the showroom. :biggrin: I couldn't help but walk over and take a glimpse at it..... stunning to say the least.

Have a wonderful weekend.... be safe.

Tyler

I'm heading out from Edwardsville to an event in the CWE (Dressell's) today; can't wait to give her some exercise and see if the new WW front lip makes any noticeable difference. The passenger window is taped in place while I wait for a window regulator to return from a rebuild, but I can't let a day like this pass without a drive! Hope you're all having some NSX fun on this gorgeous day.

Hope you had a great time in Chicago. I remember being there years and years ago during the winter and that was the last time.... too windy and bitterly cold.
Hi Tyler,

Hope you have a great time in St. Louis. I was there this past summer and that was the last time... way, WAY too hot, even well into the evening, as you can see below.

Although St. Louis does have one advantage over Chicago - I ate the best barbecue I've ever had, at this place. :)

100_0118a_zps58105cc8.jpg

Last edited:
103 F in St Louis?

Ahhh, soothing. In the sauna for starters.

Nothing like a Michigan summer :biggrin:

Hey NSXPRIME,

i just recently moved to st.louis and I will be picking up my first NSX the 16th of this month! I am very excited and can't wait to go to some meet and greets and other shows etc.

I am sure most of y'all have seen this Nsx as he is on Nsx prime. I am buying TruShine's NSX! I will post pictures when I get it back home

Last edited:
Welcome

Welcome!
The local forum is a little more active than when I joined. Stay tuned to the Midwest section for news of get togethers etc. If I can be of any help, kindly PM me.
Warm regards,
don

Hey NSXPRIME,

i just recently moved to st.louis and I will be picking up my first NSX the 16th of this month! I am very excited and can't wait to go to some meet and greets and other shows etc.

I am sure most of y'all have seen this Nsx as he is on Nsx prime. I am buying TruShine's NSX! I will post pictures when I get it back home

Welcome!
The local forum is a little more active than when I joined. Stay tuned to the Midwest section for news of get togethers etc. If I can be of any help, kindly PM me.
Warm regards,
don

Thanks Don. I def excited to meet up with fellow Nsx owners. I don't know if y'all are big into scca, but I know I will go to some events this year. Probably wont enter the Nsx, but will get my del sol out for some fun! I have always been a huge Honda fan and have building them since I was 15 and am very blessed to get into my dream car at an early age. I'm not sure if anyone is down to go to import alliance this summer in July, but we will have a small caravan of cars and will be meeting up with a lot of old buddies around the state, so it would be cool to get a group of Nsx owners to come along :)

Y'all is not commonly spoken in St. Louis, however I am the token Yankee in a Southern Company, so I understand. LMK how I might help.
Grins,
Don

Hi Tyler,

Hope you have a great time in St. Louis. I was there this past summer and that was the last time... way, WAY too hot, even well into the evening, as you can see below.

Although St. Louis does have one advantage over Chicago - I ate the best barbecue I've ever had, at this place. :)

100_0118a_zps58105cc8.jpg

I've lived here since 1979.... and we experience all 4 seasons. My favorite time of the year would definitely be fall though. I will agree that summer can be extremely hot... so thank God for A/C. :wink: I also have to agree that St. Louis does some mighty fine BBQ.

Chicago has it's advantage over St. Louis and that is the beautiful scenery.... especially the huge lake and city. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey NSXPRIME,

Welcome to St. Louis. I am sure your excitement to pick up your NSX on the 16th is building up as the date draws near. :biggrin: I don't believe I have seen what TruShine's NSX looks like so please add some pics when you have the time. :wink:

Again welcome to St. Louis.

Tyler

The traditional St. Louis fare. Toasted Ravioli and don't forget "Muscachollees"

Had to wash off the little bit of calcium chloride and salt that was already on the street when I put her away, so a trip to the cleaners and Trader Joe's today, anyone else out?
D

I am new to NSXPrime also. I have a home in Kirkwood, MO, but work at the University Hospital in Columbia, where I am Director of Laboratories. I recently purchased a 91 NSX for St. Louis's former Ferrari dealer, Bud Pessin. It has 12,000miles, Black, Ivory interior. and mint condition. It was mostly stored for many years, especially recently.

It is in Columbia, now where I am detailing it. I recently had a big hert attack and will prob ably have to sell it, but any gatherings or drives would be of interest.

Bill,
Welcome, stay tuned for the drives and get togethers. Hope that you're healing. Am sure that the cardiac care in Columbia should be good with the U Hospital there.

I checked out old St. Peters today along with Fast Lane Cars in St. Charles. There was a 94 Canary Yellow Viper for $26,000 which kind of blew me away. Can't remember mileage, or was it $19,000 with 26,000 miles. The aging process is one that discards superfluous information. Wasn't interested, but someone will be. Can't remember if I mentioned the Shelby replica in our neighborhood purchased off the Mecum site.
Don

I am new to NSXPrime also. I have a home in Kirkwood, MO, but work at the University Hospital in Columbia, where I am Director of Laboratories. I recently purchased a 91 NSX for St. Louis's former Ferrari dealer, Bud Pessin. It has 12,000miles, Black, Ivory interior. and mint condition. It was mostly stored for many years, especially recently.

It is in Columbia, now where I am detailing it. I recently had a big hert attack and will prob ably have to sell it, but any gatherings or drives would be of interest.

Last edited:
I was def out today in the Del Sol. Haven't picked up NSX yet. Next weekend will be the day! Cruising from Maryland Heights to Washington & back taking the scenic route of course! Lots of curves and hills! I can't wait to do it in the NSX!

Welcome to St. Louis. I am sure your excitement to pick up your NSX on the 16th is building up as the date draws near. :biggrin: I don't believe I have seen what TruShine's NSX looks like so please add some pics when you have the time. :wink: Again welcome to St. Louis. Tyler[/QUOTE said:
Thanks, Tyler. I am defiantly excited! I can't even sleep at night, and hardly can't stop watching NSX videos online! I will defiantly post pictures of her when I get her home :)

Thanks, Tyler. I am defiantly excited! I can't even sleep at night, and hardly can't stop watching NSX videos online! I will defiantly post pictures of her when I get her home :)

LOL... I know the EXACT feeling you are going through. I was watching youtube videos on my desktop and on my phone (not at the same time) before I picked mine up.

Yes, please post some pics and hopefully we can all have a gathering when the weather turns nice and dry. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Had to wash off the little bit of calcium chloride and salt that was already on the street when I put her away, so a trip to the cleaners and Trader Joe's today, anyone else out?
D

Hi Don,

I had mine out on Saturday after it stopped raining and the roads dried up. I don't know what is up with them boy racers.... they see me a mile away and next thing I know they are zooming by me trying to entice me to race them. Does anyone else go through the same thing? Even when I had a 2001 Corvette.... same exact thing. It gets old and I just want to have a nice drive without being challenged.

Last edited:
Back