• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Thank you for the well wishes, Dave... sorry I am just getting on here. It's not looking good for my Dad. His cancer has spread, now in his brain. It''s a really stressful time for myself and my family.

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy belated New Year, guys!

Very sorry to hear, Tyler. I lost my mom that way when I was 26, my dad the next year. I wish you and your family well in dealing with this. Looking forward to seeing you and our other NSX pals soon!

Ty,
Please keep us all in the loop. Hearts are with you man!
D

Ty,
Please keep us all in the loop. Hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you and the family man!
D

Had to post this guy. Put him in memorabilia, but forgot to share "the rest of the story" here. First of the concept cars, found this short package yesterday at one of our regular local stops Fast Lane Cars, when driving the Dragon Lady for exercise. NO flat spots on the tires during the winter, is the motto. Disconnect the chaaga, take off the cover and spend almost 5-6 miles bringing the beast to temp in 30 degree weather. Actually, if we were to be honest , ANY excuse to get the Lady out on a day that has 1)sun, 2)no left over salt or brine, 3)temp above 20 F and 4) not a whole lot of truck traffic, time. Costco (big parking lot, lots of open space), PO box, get gas, Trader Joes, Macy's outlier same parking as Costco, Outlet Mall, Airport to watch the new F-18 Hornets do their trials prior to delivery etc. It is such a blessing to work part time after gassing retirement. My wife fails to understand why a 10 minute trip to the USPO has taken 45 minutes for the last 5 years.
Actually have a couple of these, but this is the newest.
D
<fieldset class="postcontent"> <legend>
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails</legend> </fieldset>

Last edited by donk; 02-03-2017 at 20:31.​

I feel the same way, today it was a warm 42 so took her down to the valley to pick up some lunch. Tomorrow is 52 trying to save errands to take her out again.

Nice, Don! Never heard of it and will have to do some research!

I just returned from a lovely 2 hour drive through the central Illinois countryside to look at a project. Took the X, took the backroads and had a blast. Pretty sure this was the only NSX in Carlinville, IL :-> But it's running great, as always, and thank God for the radar detector because it alerted a good mile before a state trooper would have nailed me at 100.

I picked up a super nice OEM steering wheel recently to replace my pretty battered original, and may swap that out tomorrow. Then on to the list of projects before a final trip to the detailer, before the C&C season starts.

Can't wait to hook up with everyone again, and Rahul I hope you're back on the road soon!

Thank you for the well wishes, Dave... sorry I am just getting on here. It's not looking good for my Dad. His cancer has spread, now in his brain. It''s a really stressful time for myself and my family.

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy belated New Year, guys!

Hope you can keep your chin up. And good luck to Pa........ best regards, I know how tough it is. :mad:

attachment.php

New plates finally came today....

That is really neat!

Nice plates, man! For us you'll be easy to spot, but people will still ask you, "What kind of car is that?" HA!

Thanks for all the well wishes for my Dad, guys... really proud to be amongst great people.

Hasn't been warm enough to wash the car, however hopefully tomorrow. New tires shedding the traditional black dust on the back bumper and the rear quarters. Still, this winter has been super till now with the ability to get the "lady" out. Another trip to Menard's St Peters scheduled today. Any old reason to warm her up, and then push the envelope a bit. Hope the rest of you all are getting out a bit. Looking at the for sale forum, we'll be one less as a group this year.
D

Guys, forgot to post here, entered in Memorabilia category under Hot wheels. Found these on Ebay. Nice quality for the price that was under $6. Maybe will be seeing in the toy stores???? Thought you'd like to know.
Blessings,
Don
attachment.php

Haven't taken the Targa top off yet, but today was fabulous to be out with the windows open. Clean air, and quiet beneath my feet. No noise until we left the line at the light and the VTEC kicked in. Oh Baby, what a sound. Mustang and Charger didn't have half a chance, despite trying desperately, then giving up. Neither thought the old man had that kind of foot.
Grinning a mile wide!
Hey, I've got the last 3 posts, there's got to be somebody else out there........................................................

OK, I'll jump in :->

Not sure if anyone else made the first C&C at Westport last Saturday, but I was otherwise engaged. Pretty much describes life since the first of the year as the business is burried in work, and well into mid-summer. I'm hoping to get at least a few of the projects on the list completed in the next month, then do a major cleanup and detailing.

I have had "The Little Red Whore" out for a hard run a few times this year, and it never fails to clear the mind and reset the ambitions. I did have an encounter with a Miata that was tailing me on my favorite country road, but I lost him... not sure if he kept it on the road or not :->

Tyler, you and your family are still in our thoughts, and I hope you'll be able to enjoy your lovely GP White in the midst of it all.

Rahul, are you back on the road? I'd love to hear how the engine rebuild went and your driving impressions since.

I hope we all can catch up again soon! I might even treat myself to one of your apple fritters, Don.

Thank you, Dave... it's been pretty rough since my Dad passed away, but it brings comfort knowing he isn't suffering anymore.

Hope all is well with the group...

Anyone going to be out tomorrow at C&C Westport? Those that have my phone text me please if so. Trying to decide to take a peek after last weekend at the Car Condo C&C. Got a free carwash this afternoon and an opportunity to try out the replaced wiper blades <GGG> Short downpour, but the underside definitely got a bath, and all is quieted down suspension wise as the dry rubber gets a bath as well. Looks like good weather am. We have not been active as a group recently, and we're losing some to sale of our cars etc. Old guy is posting a lot here, there's something wrong with that. Waiting 20 years to get one of the new ones.

Don

Out yesterday for the trip to TJ's for the essentials, cookies, beaujolais villages, jelly beans and..........................the "last" of the pecan Kringels from WI. No more till summer when they switch to raspberry, then fall holidays when the almond flavor comes. If you haven't tasted, you're missing one of the better sweets. Going to try to convince my wife to go in the dragon lady today for the gift cards we need from half price books, but hard for her to get out. Lady needs a wash job, with all the rain and cold, no chance, and wouldn't you know, one of the days I had her out, there was only one cloud in the sky, mentioned above last post.
Carpe' Diem

Did make it out to Fast Lane Cars and out to the St. Charles airport. You can't believe how much the flood waters have done in Northern St. Charles County as well. Airport had debris between the hangars, so assuming that the water made it there. Many of the planes and vehicles gathered at the South end which is a bit higher. I remember in 93, we had to move my instructor's plane to Alton. Good trip, North 94 is good to drive in the Lady.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Anyone going Saturday to the Cars and Coffee @ Westport?
D

Same here... doesn't look so good though. I'd love to get over there and see you guys! It's been over a year and I got a bunch of little things done I'd like to show you :->

Didn't make Westport yesterday, but I am running down to Gateway today. Porsche Club racing all day, and a C&C from 1-3. All free.

Here we are starting the 7th month, note the Wavey 5-21 post. Is there no one awake here?

YO DUDES,

Haven't seen an NSX other than mine on a daily basis, out and back to the post office, Trader Joe's, Menards, Costco, up and down 270 taking on the entrance ramp to 370 E, and the Northbound 270 from Page, and out and back to the malls and 1/2 price books, on 40, and Rahul's at the C&C at the Car Condo's. Are we becoming the Dinosaurs of the sports car set? What is this Millenial Generation going to think constitutes a "real" Super Car. What is the crowd going to think? Plaza Motors??????

Where is thy spirit? where is thy expectation? Most importantly where is thy contribution to the education of the masses?

Buehler, Buehler, is there anyone paying attention anyone, anyone?

Know that there a few here up for sale, and in the dregs of the repair and renewal process, but, this is the slowest year in the last 5, and the "oldest active NSX pilot" in the entire world, has to do it alone????????????????????

NO WUSSES ALLOWED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
My NSX is down right now. I was changing out the 02 sensors and one on the holes in the manifold was stripped hopefully a new manifold is on its way. Then I have to find time to replace it. In the mean time I have been enjoying some of my other rides.

Back