• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Hopefully Dave can help me get my car put back together and get it running this weekend. Then I'll be able to come out for a meet or cruise.:redface:

Had to put the baby in storage yesterday for the next 6 weeks (rehab for surgery tomorrow for a total shoulder replacement), but not before delighting one of the neighborhood kids, a pitcher for one of the Catholic High Schools who has dreams of NLB and a great arm. It will take a while to get the smile of both of our faces, as we went through the gears last night for about a half hour.

What a blessing this car is, in passing along goal setting for young people. I had to quit flying about 10 years ago, and this is just as good so far.

Don't forget to share the excitement of what you have, with the young. They not only appreciate it, you'll never know what kind of enthusiasm you can develop, not only for the car, but for life in general, and for higher education, (either College or a trade) , in order to achieve the finer things of life. Goal setting is a must, if one is to make a difference.
Donk

Best of luck for your procedure, Don K. Hope you return to rowing gears soon.

Super words of wisdom about sharing with youth. I think we all remember being young, and some guy around the neighborhood had an exotic/hot car/muscle car/hot wife and never cared to share. :redface:

Couldn't agree with you more Donk. I did pretty much the same thing some years ago with a kid in our neighborhood after learning he was awarded a full ride to Washington University with the goal of becoming an anesthiesiologist. It took a little coaxing to get him to take it into Vtec but once he did I know he's hooked for life. It reminded me of when a salesman friend took me as a teenager for a ride in a 1972 Pantera!

Once I get my car finished and tuned "hopefully" by at least the end of April, I'll arrange some sort of cruise/luncheon that will get us all out to some well deserved wheel time together. I don't have a route or food location picked out yet, but hope to come up with something soon.

I haven't heard any complaints about the old route, but I sure wouldn't mind any well thought out suggestions.

Pat, Dave, Larry, or Eric..... Or any fellow wheelmen Feel free to chime in!
I was thinking about sometime in May. that way everyone has plenty of time to plan and schedule accordingly .

I forgot to add that if you wish to be added to the email list for the cruises and get togethers that I plan, feel free to pm your information to me .

installing my turbokit today, not sure how far I'll get this weekend but I still need to order a few hoses, fittings to finish it up the way I want.... so yeah; whenever I get it put together and re tuned, i'll be ready too........

oh yeah, i'm going to finally install my rps clutch too. I know Dave and Joe want to come help me.... :biggrin:

Once I get my car finished and tuned "hopefully" by at least the end of April, I'll arrange some sort of cruise/luncheon that will get us all out to some well deserved wheel time together. I don't have a route or food location picked out yet, but hope to come up with something soon.

I haven't heard any complaints about the old route, but I sure wouldn't mind any well thought out suggestions.

Pat, Dave, Larry, or Eric..... Or any fellow wheelmen Feel free to chime in!
I was thinking about sometime in May. that way everyone has plenty of time to plan and schedule accordingly .

The last drive we got together at the Bently dealer for their 1st Saturday of the month "cars and coffee", drove the back roads to Pacific and stopped at The Great Pacific Coffee Company (large outdoor or indoor seating areas). Nice roads - good food. My $.02.

That sounds completely fine to me Pat. If you know the route, you can be the lead on the drive. It'd be nice to be able to hang back for once and me let someone else take the reigns. :tongue:

Maybe we can try and plan something for May 19th. That is national "Armed Forces Day", and I'm sure will be a wonderful day for a cruise!

What do you guys think?:smile:

Sounds possible to me. Maybe we can talk DonK into bringing those fritters he keeps talkin about (I think he's out with a shoulder replacement - though - he could still bring fritters :rolleyes:). So, tentative for May 19th, on my calendar.

I'd have to convince my wife to drive the car, which I am not sure she wants to do. Just back from the shoulder replacement surgery last Friday, and feel like a new man after 3 days.

I've got a bunch of restrictions on me however, and the pressure from the shift stick is one of them, not to mention not driving at all, as well as 2 back to back meetings surrounding that weekend, so we'll have to see. Will let you guys know, if the rest of you can make it.

I miss driving already, though I don't want to push it. We got 69 years out of the first shoulder, and this is my mid life crisis car, so.....................:biggrin:
Warm regards,
Don

Last edited:
Anyone in STL have a spare main relay, Joe's car is doing some weird things electrically and I was trying to help him get it fixed. I have pulled it out and tried the resolder trick but that did not solve our problem. The '04's use a different relay so I can not try and swap in mine. Not sure of the year changes but I would guess the 91-96 will all be the same. If you got one we can test with I will then order him in a new one if that solves the problem. Acura STL does not stock it so Tue. is the earliest I can get one. I was hoping to have the issue sorted by Sun for him.

I was planning on tuning his car for meth this weekend but now this shows up.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,
I can pull mine off my car for testing. I will be busy all day tomorrow, so if you want to pick it up tonight, I will pull it now. I'll PM you too.

Same with me, I can pull mine off tonight too..

Will have to see if Joe can come by tonight I am not able to. I am not convinced the main relay is our issue but I want to rule it out.

The car will start and idle, but if you touch the brake pedal the main relay will click and the car dies. If the key is in the run possition and you touch the brake pedal the dash lights will change from dim to bright as if you are turning on the running lights. The antenna was going up and down on its own randomly and he does not have any head unit installed so have no idea what is triggering that.

It is acting like a main ground is off somewhere and maybe voltage is feeding back somewhere. I have been looking through the wire diagrams trying to figure this out but nothing makes since. No fuses are blown but it is just acting weird. We have done a bunch of wiring to add gauges and the Meth kit but all the wires are run and nothing has been connected to power or ground, we were going to do the final connections today and tune on the dyno but this all started on his drive from his house to the shop, not right away but after some time driving then boom car dies and leave him stranded.

It had all the signs of a Main relay unit the brake pedal, and antenna thing showed up. Now I am just confused about what is going on.

Dave

Sounds like an electrical short. Disconnect the power lead to the antenna first and see if that helps, then check the brake pedal switch. Recheck what you guys did, maybe a connector is "almost" unplugged. Good luck and let me know.

Last edited:
Sounds like an electrical short. Disconnect the antenna first and see if that helps, then check the brake pedal switch. Recheck what you guys did, maybe a connector is "almost" unplugged. Good luck and let me know.

Yah, tried all that so far no luck. We have not connected anything with his new stuff just ran wires from A to B. It is a weird one.

Dave

I didn't mean a new connector you're installing. I meant an existing connector that might have been marginal to begin with and fooling around near it caused it to open slightly (like close to the brake pedal).

Last edited:
Joe is still needing to borrow a relay today. If you have one, give him a call today 314-605-7856

Just got back from working on my sons storm damaged house in Bridgeton (he had baseball sized hail that tore apart his roof, siding and gutters - his neighbors cars were destroyed - my son's cars were in his garage). Joe's coming over tonight to get the relay :wink:.

Last edited:
FYI -

According to LarryB (guru here on Prime) the Main Relays in all model years are the same. The only difference is the mounting bracket, which is easily swapped unit to unit. If you are going to get a MR you should order the latest one because it is less prone to failure and swap out the bracket if neccesary. The '91 to '94 Honda part #39400-SL0-003 and the '95 to '05 part #39400-SL0-A01.

Here is the link to the post:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159439&highlight=main+relay

So for testing purposes we can use either :smile:.

Last edited:
Any word from Joe? Is it fixed?

Got the car to start, idle, and the brake pedal has no effect other than lighting the brake lights, but the car will run for 5 min or so then out of the blue it just dies. So I am back to thinking it is the main relay and after it is in use it gets hot and gives up, but who knows. Joe is bringing the main relay from Pat by the shop tonight to see if that is the issue. If that is not it I am at a loss to figure this one out.

Dave

Back