• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

I am wondering how many NSX owners on prime that are withing 50 miles of the St. Louis area. I also wonder about Kansas City and the same 50 miles.
I have only seen perhaps 5 or 6 at the dealership I've done business with for the past 26 years. Could be the same ones 2 or 3 times.

We just don't see any on the road, as a matter of fact, in the last 6 months, mine has been the only one I've seen in St. Louis, and my son-in-law's is the only one I've seen in KC, though he has seen 1 additional.
Donk

You would be suprised. We have quite a few in the St.Louis area.

Anybody else got their psychologist off the Chaager and on the road yesterday or today. Count me in both days. Don't want those tires to get even a tiny flat spot.

Out to the valley to see all the Maserati's, DB7's Ferrari's etc. All the stuff that starts at over 200m, with the exception of the small Lotus, and is like a beautiful woman, the acquisition cost of her interest, is only the beginning.
Don

Misspelled Chaagaaaa.
Sorry,
My vehicle came from Bedfaaaaaaad, near Baaaaaaaaaastan.
D

It's not like I don't have anything else to do, except sitting here with a Manhattan and awaiting dinner with my bride of 49 years, where we are going to share a Trader Joe's Quiche, pronounced "Quicheeee"<GGG> , along with the Jalepano peppers, (guess the pronunciation of that), in the rarest english) the humor keeps leaping out, and real men do eat these things.

Carpe' Diem, we've done that for the last couple of days. I am trying to make sure that St. Louis knows what the Hell an NSX is. Perhaps this is going to be a one man show.

<GGG>I am trying to make sure that St. Louis knows what the Hell an NSX is. Perhaps this is going to be a one man show.

That sounds like a proposal/challenge. OK, I'll bite. You put together a meet (place and time), possibly at the Bently dealership some weekend morning, and the rest of us will try and get as many car guys together as posssible for a drive.

Looking at long range forcast, next 2 weekends don't look great, will try to look beyond at March weeks when they appear unless there's a weatherman amongst us doing the superpredictor. 9-10am coffee?

We've got a great donut place in North County that has the 3rd or 4th best apple fritters and I'd be glad to pick them up. By the way, the best fritters in the country IMHO are in Rolla at the Donut King, but the word has gotten around, they are always gone by 7am, so you have to order for pick up.
Donk

Looking at long range forcast, next 2 weekends don't look great, will try to look beyond at March weeks when they appear unless there's a weatherman amongst us doing the superpredictor. 9-10am coffee?

We've got a great donut place in North County that has the 3rd or 4th best apple fritters and I'd be glad to pick them up. By the way, the best fritters in the country IMHO are in Rolla at the Donut King, but the word has gotten around, they are always gone by 7am, so you have to order for pick up.
Donk

I can grab a tank of coffee at St. Louis Bread Co. We'll need to get a list of attendees started, so plans can be made with adequate notice.

Sure, if the ride date works on my end

92 Black/Ivory
45K miles
Comptech Air Box, Extrude Honed Intake Manifold, Headers & Exhaust

Last edited:
Welcome! Hope that you have as big a grin as the rest of us. Glad that you are with us. On the way back from an appointment today, had a brand new 5 series Bmer attempting to cut across 3 lanes for a mere 3mph. A punch in 5th stopped that. Can't believe we get so childish sometimes but these things are awesome.

I too am just a newbie. Only got the car in Nov and drove back from Baaaastan. Needs some cosmetics, but had a meeting today with someone who is labeled "best in the business" with regard to leather work, and after we experience her magic, will share.regards all,
Donk

Have made my appointment to get the leather refurbished. Can't wait to see what kind of magic will happen. I am told that this person is the best in the business by someone who should know. Hope to be able to show off the results to the group that eventually meets.
Donk

It would be cool to drive up and meet with you guys sometime. That is if i ever get back home. Been working in OH for the past two years, 700 miles from my car. We could probably get 3-4 together from Memphis and it would be a nice 280 mile drive up.

Mike

We'd welcome you all I'm sure. Just had the babe out for a short run, getting ready to take her in on Monday to have the interior leather cleaned and detailed. Can't wait to see it, supposed to take less than a day.
Donk

I know, have had the girl psychologist out now for 2 straight days. Tomorrow she goes for the interior detail. I am hoping I pick her up prior to Tues am, as it looks a little like rain.

You all will see the results of the job and I will share the artist and the approximate cost. I can't do the 3rd, but perhaps the 10th might work if the weather cooperates. LMK from anyone that is interested. Not that we're trying to shepherd this event, just think it would be good for us to find out how many other enthusiasts are here and interested in at least 1 or 2 get togethers a year.

This is really sick, but I really delighted in going to pick up the family pizza from Papa Murphy's in my car. Rarely a day out that you don't get a thumbs up from someone.

Imagine me, an old guy by my teen age standards, now the new 35, stopping by a friend's house, (who just happens to be the president of a bank) and saying, hey man, do you want to go out for a ride? And the response was "do I? you bet", then after a couple of minutes at the limit " after a couple of brief full throttle accelerations to highway speed, " you know your car rides better than my new CTS" How's that for an ad. A 17 year old NSX rides better than a new CTS.
Donk

Well, Don, there used to be several of us in KC and then all of our close driving group sold their cars (except me.) Still see the odd straggler here and there. Now I usually drive with the Viper group. They had a huge drive today. We had Vipers, Ferrari's, Lambo's, Lotus 's, Porsche's, and me. About 25 or so in all. Does your son in law post here? I could let him know when the next drive happens.

Last edited:
Gary,
I am not sure, I know he visits the site but not sure if he follows after finding his car. With yours, that makes 4 or 5 that I know of in KC. I will copy your message and send to him with a note to PM you, and maybe we should set up a KC St. Louis link on the Midwest group. Thanks for the post.
Warm regards,
Donk

Gary, we met at a few events in the past. I still have my red 91. Last year I had it out about three times.

John, Aurora, MO

Last edited:
Awaiting long range forcast for 3-10 if anyone is interested. I don't get in from Boston till late Friday nite, but am assured that if I want to pick up my car on the 10th early , I can get it early enough to meet whoever shows up for coffee and bring the fritters by 10 am out in the valley at the Maserati Dealership. Really can't wait to let you all see what has been done to the interior even though you could not appreciate what it looked like. Will try to remember the Zanardi mats.

More later
Donk

Back