• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

It was not hard to get them off just a pia since everything has to be removed to get to them. Mine needed to be changed so I had no choice. I wish I had the money for headers but I am low on funds for them. So I get to do it all over again, maybe this winter...

Well, I lied. A client just handed me a ton of lucrative work, so I'll be working Saturday. Make hay while the sun shines, huh? Stupid business getting in the way of my fun - I need to retire.

I was out in the NSX to day (rare for me) and saw a Silver 91 pulling out of Best Buy (141 & Manchester) when I was pulling in.... first time I have seen another NSX out in the wild.

PS I went by Audi Creve Couer (Plaza) and scouted the Black 92 they have.... it's a nice clean stock car (with an accident history apparently). Cosmetically it looked clean.

Manifold came today got it on with the new 02 sensor. No lights on the dash and no exhaust leaks... it's a good day.

Glad to see some activity. We were out to the valley and back today leaving the Dragon lady in the Walmart lot for 10 minutes, however, protected by a Porsche. Slipped through Spirit Airport undetected again, and thought we might offer, "deal of a lifetime" to one of the crew of what was on the ramp An hour in the NSX for an hour in the right seat . No takers. <GGG>.
D

CL65 Captain, thanks for the report! I thought that car looked decent for the money, but of course the nitpicking internet "experts" find all kinds of faults and supposed faults without even seeing the car. Good to hear, and I love that black.

7tcatvert, great news from you too! Good day indeed, and I look forward to meeting you. Love that black too.

Don, I admire you're gumption :-> and those guys don't know what they're missing.

I squeezed in a quick wash and "spirited" drive on Sunday morning, since there was no F1 broadcast. Nice to get out in the cool morning air and clear roads. Good for the spirit.

"I was out in the NSX to day (rare for me) and saw a Silver 91 pulling out of Best Buy (141 & Manchester) when I was pulling in.... first time I have seen another NSX out in the wild.

PS I went by Audi Creve Couer (Plaza) and scouted the Black 92 they have.... it's a nice clean stock car (with an accident history apparently). Cosmetically it looked clean. "

How's the new Dad, almost a year????????????

In the words of Chicken Man "Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !

There wasn't a single NSX on the lot at the C&C Westport today. Guilty your honor! Took the TLX as there were still some wet roads up here. Biggest attractions (believe it or not) Tesla X booming stereo and flip flop doors, junk truck with a blower, and the Subaru BRX's. Probably the best thing we saw today was a really nicely restored Bricklin, along with a 65 Goat and an original 1956 Dodge Coronet at the Hazelwood Baptist Fathers day car show going to 4 this afternoon. Really noticeable, was the lack of attendance at both. Perhaps the weather and the weekend. Will take the Dragon Lady to Maplewood this afternoon to pick up my grandson from work though, it won't be a total loss.
D

Follow up on the trip to Maplewood. Grandson " Grandpa, are you going all the way out Manchester to Lindberg? Dad usually gets on the interstate". Grandfather "Are you saying that you would prefer that I shoot out 40 to 270 to Page, out to Marine and back, and then do the cloverleaf North to Dorsett?" Grandson "Yup" DONE said the King. NO wonder I only get 10,000 on a set of rears.
D

Black/Black 91 coupe at Fast Lane Cars in St. Charles, just came in. Under 80,000, and about 40 + or - as I heard it. Comptech exhaust but OEM parts with it, not sure about the OEM wheels. Good to meet you Marcus (who hangs out here and is looking).
D

Last edited:
Amazing the NSXs that come out of the woodwork!

Separate issue: I'm looking for a shop recommendation. I have some maintenance projects I don't feel like getting into (all coolant hoses, 02 sensors, etc.)

I've used an Illinois Honda dealer who has an NSX-certified tech before but haven't contacted them about this yet. That guy did my timing belt project and a few other things, seems to really know his stuff, but the last time I was there the service manager was not very cool about them working on an NSX.

We used to have Dave Dozier but Rahul had some bad experiences and I'm not sure if he's even in business anymore. I know there's Habibi, but are they really any good? Rahul had his engine rebuild done there I think? I know there's Jon Rhodes / ET Tuning, but they're way out in St. Clair. He was great with my Porsches, not sure if he'd take this on? Really prefer not to use the Acura dealer for this.

All comments appreciated.

I'll throw MHO in the hopper for you. A lot of those of us in the community utilize independent mechanics. 2 best from the input on Prime, when I was looking, 1 in TN outside Nashville, who's name I can't remember, but when I tried to contact, he had gone part time. Second was in Boston, where I bought my car Mitch Smith at Mechanics Direct who did all the ppi work, and made mine ready for the road. He still is a source for info for me.

Now for the commercial. There are 2 guys at Mungenast St. Louis Acura, Steve Moss, and Tom Rataczek, both well certified for both series of our cars. Steve did a lot of work in the early years with all of the Comptech mods, and a lot of track mods, and knows the car inside out. IMHO there isn't a better guy, I wouldn't trust my car to anyone else.

We've had at least one Acura at a time since they came out in 1986, and now 2, and he's worked on all of mine. Wouldn't take my cars anywhere else.
D

Anyone interested in the latest diecasts, just posted a couple to the memorabilia thread.
D

Hey, thanks Don! I didn't know Mungenast had those guys. If my certified guy at Meyer Honda falls through then I'll give them a shot. One benefit with Meyer is they always wanted me to provide the parts so that was a good deal. Really appreciate your advice in any case.

Anyone interested in the latest diecasts, just posted a couple to the memorabilia thread.
D
I have a few diecast.....last time I checked I had about 900 1:18, 100 1:24 and 600 1:64.... I have the NSX's in red, white, black and silver.

Separate issue: I'm looking for a shop recommendation. I have some maintenance projects I don't feel like getting into (all coolant hoses, 02 sensors, etc.)

I've used an Illinois Honda dealer who has an NSX-certified tech before but haven't contacted them about this yet. That guy did my timing belt project and a few other things, seems to really know his stuff, but the last time I was there the service manager was not very cool about them working on an NSX.

We used to have Dave Dozier but Rahul had some bad experiences and I'm not sure if he's even in business anymore. I know there's Habibi, but are they really any good? Rahul had his engine rebuild done there I think? I know there's Jon Rhodes / ET Tuning, but they're way out in St. Clair. He was great with my Porsches, not sure if he'd take this on? Really prefer not to use the Acura dealer for this.

I had Habibi do my timing belt when I first got the car. I was traveling a lot for work and did not have the time to learn how to do it myself. He told me about 3 days and took him 3 weeks. Price was fair but next time I will do it myself. My hoses are due for a change in the next year will pull the engine and get them all.

In the words of Chicken Man "Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !

There wasn't a single NSX on the lot at the C&C Westport today. Guilty your honor! Took the TLX as there were still some wet roads up here. Biggest attractions (believe it or not) Tesla X booming stereo and flip flop doors, junk truck with a blower, and the Subaru BRX's. Probably the best thing we saw today was a really nicely restored Bricklin, along with a 65 Goat and an original 1956 Dodge Coronet at the Hazelwood Baptist Fathers day car show going to 4 this afternoon. Really noticeable, was the lack of attendance at both. Perhaps the weather and the weekend. Will take the Dragon Lady to Maplewood this afternoon to pick up my grandson from work though, it won't be a total loss.
D

i was set to go to c and c but it was raining in Ofallon. I was at the Hazelwood show with my 240z and it had the lowest turn out I have seen in the 8 or so years I have been going. Not sure why wheather was great.

Thanks for the heads up, 7tcatvert! And, damn, what a collection, and nice Z! Look forward to meeting you.

Hey, thanks Don! I didn't know Mungenast had those guys. If my certified guy at Meyer Honda falls through then I'll give them a shot. One benefit with Meyer is they always wanted me to provide the parts so that was a good deal. Really appreciate your advice in any case.

I always check the pricing of parts with Peoria Acura in Arizona and a couple of others. While I absolutely want my guys to make money to keep the quality level up, the amount loaded into parts is almost usoruous, almost like healthcare costs for an MRI etc. There is not the profit loaded on the supply chain side of healthcare, that there is in the part that 3rd party payers discount. Don't know if I'm making sense here, probably preaching to the choir.
D

i was set to go to c and c but it was raining in Ofallon. I was at the Hazelwood show with my 240z and it had the lowest turn out I have seen in the 8 or so years I have been going. Not sure why wheather was great.

I remember seeing your Z and thinking," Remember when John (one of my reps in the 70's) bought one new and I was plowing around in a 67 Tbird coupe with a 428 thinking it was fast at 8.2 seconds to 60". They were "DINKS" before the term became popular. (double income, no kids) Memories.................................pretty sure it was the PI engine, was told it was, and not to stand on it getting on the interstate, but there were just over 1,000 made so I think not. But I did stand on it at 40, and laid a strip immediately. Good thing the guy I was buying it from wasn't along on the test drive. Imagine letting someone drive your car today and not go along. <GGG>
D

Can't believe I've only been to one C&C this year.

Hope all is well with the group. :)

I take mine to Acura Of Brookfield in WI. They are THE BEST. I have been there a couple of times. I would not dare let Monkeyass Acura touch my car again, other than inspection, and even that I am wary of. I can tell you more in person about both places if I ever meet you. Too much to type.

96-NSXT and me at the C&C, though I saw his cars, but didn't see Lawrence. At least we were representative with a black/ivory (his) and mine (red/tan) with the Targa top removed. Standing off in the shade watching the traffic from beside a Nismo with 8,000 miles, owner doesn't appear happy or drive it much, learned that it's 2 generations that look at the NSX. Lots of young people, and some of the baby boomers that were in the wishing stage in the 90's. Interesting market.

If I were designing a car for today................................ The middle of that equation are the ones with the resources to purchase the Lambo's, Ferrari's etc. As a marketing guy though, the attention getter was the Alf Romeo Giulia, and for the next year or so, IMHO, it will be be a grabber, and we'll see what the service and satisfaction levels are. On the outside, looks like a winner for Alfa. BTW, the drivers seat fits me perfectly, if someone wants me to evaluate for an extended period. <ggg><ggg>

The sales and marketing side of the dealership here however, needs a lot of remedial help in the product area. "I'm new and don't know much about the car" and an open 1/2 box of donuts sitting on the reception desk in the showroom, doesn't cut it at all, especially when asking a question on the 2 reds for the Giulia and you're directed to color charts for the Maserati's. Ain't goin' to sell a lot with that kind of knowledge. Most customers have already done their homework if they're serious and a dumb response is a total turnoff. (Just in case anyone connected is reading here, which I doubt.) Ha Ha Yours truly is available at $350 an hour.

D</ggg></ggg>

Last edited:
Anyone else going on Saturday to Westport??????

Back