• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Laguna Seca - dealing w/ 92 dB noise limit?

Well what do you know...

GT One does make them!
attachment.php

I ended up getting the GT-One silencers. They are pressure fit and use two bolts to push against the tips inner wall. I tightened them between each session when hot. One of them flew off during a session at the front straight. Thankfully no one was hurt or any cars damaged. I ended up taking off and did not get meatball flagged for 92db :biggrin: all day long. I think my USDM 3rd gear is so tall coming out of T5 I am at ~4.5k rpm so its pretty quite. I have CT headers, GT-One v5.1, OEM cats, stock intake, fender intake scoop.

Here is a video from my first time out at Laguna Seca on Sunday 4/3.

Notice the squirel that the E46 almost ran over at 0:29 seconds at the braking zone of T2!

https://youtu.be/YN6xBjzEu38
No silencers installed in the video.

The Winmax W5 track pads that I am using are awesome. I use cheap Centric C-Tek stock size blank rotors, removed dust shields, heat reflective tape wrapped ball joints, STMPO brake deflectors, Motul RBF600, SS lines, and AD08R 215 / 265. I was able to lock up my tires even at the end of each 20-25 minute session if I wasn't careful with the brakes. No fade at all. I wish I could fit a 235 wide tire without rubbing OR a stickier 215/40R17 tire.
http://www.winmaxusa.com/

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid! @GUNDAN323 is the video w/ or w/o the silencers?

Hopefully you were able to recover them from the front straight.

The video is w/out the silencers. One of them is crushed, but I think I could bend it back to shape. It doesn't really matter because I don't need them for MRLS anyways!

The video is w/out the silencers. One of them is crushed, but I think I could bend it back to shape. It doesn't really matter because I don't need them for MRLS anyways!
That seems pretty loud from the video. Which is awesome that you didn't meatballed!!! There's hope for me yet. I'm wondering if you're on the USDM gear ratios. I'm not that loud thru T6 either but i'll have to review around where in the RPM band i'm at. Really good news though.

That seems pretty loud from the video. Which is awesome that you didn't meatballed!!! There's hope for me yet. I'm wondering if you're on the USDM gear ratios. I'm not that loud thru T6 either but i'll have to review around where in the RPM band i'm at. Really good news though.

Yup, I'm on USDM gears. My friend has short gears, osg lsd w/ 4.4FD and his revs are way higher than mine. He's got a open intake cone filter, Fujitsubo headers, and Fujitsubo titanium exhaust and was fine as well... no lift :smile:

Back