• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

"Hi NSXPrime, I have a Model-5 problem."

Good lawd ahmighty, so much for bein' able to source a rear pair of 18" (as spares)! :D

Tho' I reckon rear pair of 17" won't be as difficult to acquire! :p

Re: "Hi NSXPrime, I have a Model-5 problem."

Good lawd ahmighty, so much for bein' able to source a rear pair of 18" (as spares)! :D

Tho' I reckon rear pair of 17" won't be as difficult to acquire! :p

LOL it was the front 18" ones that I have had difficult finding and thanks to audax (Ryan) for helping me acquire mine after I found them.
The 18" fronts have been hard for me to locate although I have found a set, the seller is on the fence in selling.

It's safe to say these wheels in GENERAL are nearly impossible to find anymore.

Wow Chris!

When do you expect the proper front sizes to arrive. I may just sell off the SSR's to obtain a set.

I'm hoping to secure the 18" ones soon. I have been in talks with the guy who has them but hes making the deal difficult. He actually wants me to locate and purchase him BBS wheels and trade rather than him just selling me the Advans :redface: It's making me work. Hopefully we can come to an agreement. You'll be the first one I keep in mind when I get the deal done.

Suspension has to be adjusted. Now, I'm torn whether to refinish my set in Gunmetal or Bright silver :confused:

Last edited:
more pictures! those wheels look MA$$IVE! :)

A super quick one from the AM when I was leaving for my office. Suspension has to be adjusted. Now, I'm torn whether to refinish my set in Gunmetal or Bright silver :confused:

advan.jpg

Let's clarify a few things....

1. Mike_C: "The Don"
2. nsxot1c: Freddy Corleone
3. synth19: Micheal's first wife who exploded in Italy

Thanks for the clarification :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

that had me Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Loud
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

It could be me, but I don't think you have the right look to be Michael's first wife
headscratch.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe you should give some consideration in the role as "Sonny" or "Luca Brasi"
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

that stance looks amazing.

im assuming 18x8 30+ offset in the front?

For my own personal set I ended up going 18x9 instead of 18x8.
Specs:
18x9 35mm
19x10 19mm
No spacers, no rub. Clear the calipers by a MILE perfect for BBK.
Still haven't added the rear caps and think I'll drop the front a little more as well...

11-3.jpg

All I know is someone better have a set of these rare babies for me when I get my first NSX this late summer cause these are the best wheels IMO. :biggrin:

ok thank you for clarifying.

im asking cuz i have my wheels (though no car) and its 17x8 +30 (caliper clearing BBK disk setup) which i know is very aggressive; but until i slap them on an nsx i have no idea how much poke (if any) there will be!

thanks again

Specs:
18x9 35mm
19x10 19mm
Still haven't added the rear caps and think I'll drop the front a little more as well...

11-3.jpg

All I know is someone better have a set of these rare babies for me when I get my first NSX this late summer cause these are the best wheels IMO. :biggrin:

Agreed. Love them on any NSX. The BEST wheel IMO. What's amazing for such an old design, they are right up there with all the concave wheels coming out today. Mind blowing that Advan was 10+ years ahead of the trend.

ok thank you for clarifying.

im asking cuz i have my wheels (though no car) and its 17x8 +30 (caliper clearing BBK disk setup) which i know is very aggressive; but until i slap them on an nsx i have no idea how much poke (if any) there will be!

thanks again

You'll be good. For some reason people on this forum are scared to go beyond the norm. People think 18x8 45mm is aggressive :rolleyes:

What size tire on the rears? my rears I machined down 5mm so they would be +24, so I could run a slightly bigger tire. How big you running?

What size tire on the rears? my rears I machined down 5mm so they would be +24, so I could run a slightly bigger tire. How big you running?

275 30 19 and they clear by a mile. Any pics? I think I will refinish mine in gunmetal soon. Current tires are Falken Fk452 which I believe do run slightly narrow. I was planning on machining them down to 25mm but after the test fit I decided it definitely was not necessary and they fit perfect in current form.

lol im gonna take credit for giving you the idea on those wheels but damn they sure do look good on the green.

Ill have mine painted this weekend.

Specs:
18x9 35mm
19x10 19mm

11-3.jpg

What size tire are you running on the front 9"? It looks like you have more stretch so maybe a 215/35/18?

Back