• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

I had Pirelli Zero Nero GT tires mounted to my recently acquired set of gunmetal Advan AVS Model 5s in 17 x 8 + 38 and 18 x 9 +40, today. I then mounted the set in my garage onto my Kaiser Silver. I was worried that the color combination would not be good, but it turned out OK. I tried a 5 mm spacer in the rear but that caused the rear wheel to stick out a little too far for my taste. Thus, we are left with this look (iPhone photo):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457845398.579890.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457845414.492992.jpg

PS--before the "4x4" comments, I have a set of Bilsteins awaiting install. I just couldn't wait any longer to see what the wheels looked like on the car.

One of the best threads i have ever come across!!!! I love the way the model 5's look on the Nsx. Almost looks perfect. I've been in the market looking for a set. I just bought my 92 a couple months ago. Does anyone who might be selling a set or 2. I may be in talks with a pair of19s with a low offset. So maybe even a pair of 18's will work if anyone has some sitting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pm'd :cool:

One of the best threads i have ever come across!!!! I love the way the model 5's look on the Nsx. Almost looks perfect. I've been in the market looking for a set. I just bought my 92 a couple months ago. Does anyone who might be selling a set or 2. I may be in talks with a pair of19s with a low offset. So maybe even a pair of 18's will work if anyone has some sitting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have not posted in awhile. I might run some 17x9 +35 fronts and source some 18x10 +19 rears. Right now I am running 17x8 +30 and 18x9 +20 plus a 15mm spacer so effectively 18x9 +5. Has anyone ever had these wheels refinished like the new Advan Model F50. I think they look pretty good finish wise.
attachment.php

28073757033_d81d9423f2_k.jpg

Attachments

• dfc7a30943.jpg
    dfc7a30943.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 1,753
Last edited:
there looks to be a set in the buy+sell that has the machine finish that you are asking; but not black wheel paint however (which should look stunning).

I have not posted in awhile. I might run some 17x9 +35 fronts and source some 18x10 +19 rears. Right now I am running 17x8 +30 and 18x9 +20 plus a 15mm spacer so effectively 18x9 +5. Has anyone ever had these wheels refinished like the new Advan Model F50. I think they look pretty good finish wise.
attachment.php

28073757033_d81d9423f2_k.jpg

Wheels installed 2 weeks ago. KW V3 installed this past weekend. 1.5" drop all around...
b128b7baf2a557e1e67f2a982095874a.jpg
35f98c550b15ec953a2bd7dbcd6d230c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Can I now be included? Just purchased the set that synth19 pointed out in the for sale forum.Waiting on Concentric rings and Kics R40 lugs to arrive. Pictures to follow. I have wanted these wheels for 4+ years. I now have them in perfect NSX dimensions. Couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
On the way home from NSXPO I hit a stupid construction curb on the PA turnpike. I destroyed two of my beloved and recently restored Blitz Type 03s. I was extremely lucky with no body damage. Additionally my instructor DocJohn had 5 old Type 03s (3 back and 2 fronts) that I bought. The backs were wider than my current set so I am restoring two of the backs and one of the fronts. They are on the way to CA now. I am in a tire dilemma and figured I would ask the experts.

My my current tires were Nexen 215/40/R17 in the front and Falken Ziex ze950 265/35/R18. The new backs are wider and I have to go with a 286/35/R18 in the back. The Nexens I have in the front have worn well and through one set of replacements of the rears. The tires did well on the track. When I got the Nexens it was only because I could not get fronts and backs in the Falkens.

My tire source is recommending Continental DWS06s for the backs and I was wondering your thoughts. I need a good handling quiet tire for spirited drives. I am not a track guy but I do need a good handling tire in case I get caught in the rain. Eventually I would replace the fronts with the same tire if they are available.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Ken

On the way home from NSXPO I hit a stupid construction curb on the PA turnpike. I destroyed two of my beloved and recently restored Blitz Type 03s. I was extremely lucky with no body damage. Additionally my instructor DocJohn had 5 old Type 03s (3 back and 2 fronts) that I bought. The backs were wider than my current set so I am restoring two of the backs and one of the fronts. They are on the way to CA now. I am in a tire dilemma and figured I would ask the experts.

My my current tires were Nexen 215/40/R17 in the front and Falken Ziex ze950 265/35/R18. The new backs are wider and I have to go with a 286/35/R18 in the back. The Nexens I have in the front have worn well and through one set of replacements of the rears. The tires did well on the track. When I got the Nexens it was only because I could not get fronts and backs in the Falkens.

My tire source is recommending Continental DWS06s for the backs and I was wondering your thoughts. I need a good handling quiet tire for spirited drives. I am not a track guy but I do need a good handling tire in case I get caught in the rain. Eventually I would replace the fronts with the same tire if they are available.

Thanks

Ken

Not to dismiss this post, but this is a model 5 wheel/discussion thread. I think your dilemma warrants a new thread...

Thanks

Ken

Not to dismiss this post, but this is a model 5 wheel/discussion thread. I think your dilemma warrants a new thread...

Back