• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

the only stipulation is the model 5's have to be on an NSX, after all this is an NSX forum, right?

no matter the size, post them up..

Specs:

Front - 18x8 +38 offset w/ 215x35x18 Falken 452's
Rear - 19x10 +45 (5mm spacer = +40 offset) w/ 452's 275x30x19 Falken 452's

I'll start..

NSXGGbridge_zps8df3f0ce.jpg

Last edited:
let me have your's.. i'll put them on and post them up. haha this shot looks good man.
the only stipulation is the model 5's have to be on an NSX, after all this is an NSX forum, right?

no matter the size, post them up..

Specs:

Front - 18x8 +38 offset w/ 215x35x18 Falken 452's
Rear - 19x10 +45 (5mm spacer = +40 offset) w/ 452's 275x30x19 Falken 452's

I'll start..

407523_391730574174497_333830903297798_1714781_2026902764_n.jpg

Someone call?

You keep reminding me that I need new pics. :biggrin:

18 x 8 +45 (+ 5mm spacer = +40 offset), 225-35R18 Toyo T1R
19 x 10 +45 (+5mm spacer = +40 offset) 275-30R19 Toyo T1R

gnsx1.jpg

Last edited:
Model-5, yeaaa!!!

I'm in the process of getting my Model-5's refinished (same size/offset spec's as the '02+ NSX-R), any idea what the color-code is for the standard factory gun-metal finish ("dark silver") from Yokohama Advan?

Planning to re-doing my stock '97+ brake-calipers to McLaren Orange. Suspension is Tein RA. All else is cosmetically stock (ie. side-skirts, front-lip, rear-valance) other than ClearCorners side-markers & window-tints.

Pics to follow, hopefully sooner-than-later! :D

Re: Model-5, yeaaa!!!

let me have your's.. i'll put them on and post them up. haha this shot looks good man.

uhh, I think I'll keep them... Thanks to Mike Maravilla of UMG for taking the pic.

I nominate you for Car Pic Post Whore of the Month. :wink:

I humbly accept the nomination!!! But, my goal is to go for the Car Pic Post Whore of the year, decade and millennium :eek::eek::eek:

Someone call?

You keep reminding me that I need new pics. :biggrin:

18 x 8 +45 (+ 5mm spacer = +40 offset), 225-35R18 Toyo T1R
19 x 10 +45 (+5mm spacer = +40 offset) 275-30R19 Toyo T1R

gnsx1.jpg

those Advans look awfully familiar :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have to send you the better version of that pic Mike. The facebook version compression is terrible! :D Yes, I'm very anal about pic quality haha

ok, as soon as you send it, I'll make the change...

I'm in the process of getting my Model-5's refinished (same size/offset spec's as the '02+ NSX-R), any idea what the color-code is for the standard factory gun-metal finish ("dark silver") from Yokohama Advan?

Sorry, I don't know what the color code would be for the gun-metal finish.

Last edited:
Re: Model-5, yeaaa!!!

those Advans look awfully familiar :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yes, indeed my wheels roomed with your wheels for a while, but only until I swooped in and rescued them from the evil clutches of The Man of Too Many Wheels! Upon setting them free of the boxes that imprisoned them since the land of Japan, they danced and sang and played Tetris all night long.

Before long, they began asking for rubber. I said, "Noooooo! You are tooo young! There is much responsibility that is attached to a mistake!"; but alas, I quickly realized that giving them the rubber that they ask for is wiser than the alternative which could doom them to irreparable damage.

Since that day, they lie happily beneath the sexy temptress code named NSX; rolling, turning and maneuvering in a perfect dance of anticipation and exhilaration; clinging on rapturously to every curve and peak.

Yes, you knew them once, but they have been set free now! Free, I say! FREEEEEEE! (OK. The wheels aren't free... they're not for sale either. :D)

profile.jpg

Silver 17x8 et38 17x9 et35
silver1.jpg
[/IMG]

Black 17x8 et38 18x10 et45
IMG_3485.jpg
[/IMG]

I think silver looks a lot better than black. I am quite tempted to change my avs model 5 back to silver.

Last edited:
Guys, excited to say it's looking like I am in as well :biggrin:

Huge thanks to Ryan (audax) in helping me (physically) secure the two 18" fronts I've been after.

18/19 setup

18x8 35mm
19x10 19mm (which I may machine to 25ish mm) - Yes, I prefer aggressive offsets on my car

My setup complete is in bronze and may refinish in a grey/silver/black/white?
Any input on best color on my lime green?

I will also have 2 extra 19x10 brand new spares in the box I may part with if someone is looking to piece together a set as well.

Last edited:

Huge thanks to Ryan (audax) in helping me (physically) secure the two 18" front's I've been after.

18/19 setup

18x8 35mm
19x10 19mm (which I may machine to 25ish mm) - Yes, I prefer aggressive offsets on my car.

I will also have 2 extra 19x10 brand new spares in the box I may part with if someone is looking to piece together a set as well.

I'm not a big fan of black, because the design just seems to get lost with the tires. This is how I feel about black wheels in general. For Lime Green, bronze/silver/or a gunmetal would all look incredible. White is hit or miss.... that would be my last option. My first choice would go silver or gunmetal.

A.5's have always been my fave. the T.5's are nice too, just look slightly heavier and no spoke taper near rim... Very close to R-8 look. I'm happy with my current Momo Arrows (old school), flatter, less dimensionality, rim not stepped... You A.5'ers rock...great photos everyone!

Huge thanks to Ryan (audax) in helping me (physically) secure the two 18" front's I've been after.

18/19 setup

18x8 35mm
19x10 19mm (which I may machine to 25ish mm) - Yes, I prefer aggressive offsets on my car.

I hope those have my name on them!

I'm not a big fan of black, because the design just seems to get lost with the tires. This is how I feel about black wheels in general. For Lime Green, bronze/silver/or a gunmetal would all look incredible. White is hit or miss.... that would be my last option. My first choice would go silver or gunmetal.

+1 for silver or gunmetal

I hope those have my name on them!

The 2 extra brand new 19x10, or my set?

I had considered using all 4 19x10 to put on my R33 Skyline... but I think I'll leave the brand new 18" GTR setup that is currently on it instead.

These Model 5's are so timeless on the NSX, IMO one of THE best setups that are available out there.

As the official self appointed "Godfather" :biggrin: of Advans AVS Model 5's, Welcome to the "Family":wink:

The Don :biggrin:

18/19 setup

18x8 35mm

I've shared this pic already but I this thread calls for it. =)

I can't remember the exact specs, but its 17/18 combo.
Tires are Falken Azenis RT-615

p483043943-5.jpg

Last edited:
How much should a used set go for, assuming great condition? If people don't want to post on here, please PM me. It remains my favorite NSX rim. I've never purchased rims before so I'm not sure if this is something that should be gotten used as you don't know stresses on the wheels or can easily be assessed.

These wheels Have to be bought used because you can't buy them new. ;)

Price is going to vary, but a guesstimate would be $2500 - $3000 for 17/18's, and $3000-$3500 for 18/19's. The price for my set is $10,000 per wheel. :D

Back