• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone considering a Subaru BRZ or Scion FRS?

why? share share share :)

btw... I just went thru an ordeal with the Eibach Multi-pro coilovers. After several promises of improving their design they are a huge fail as far as R&D goes. Lots of wasted time and money.

RS*R Sports-i... Quite sophisticated set of coilovers especially for the price.

sorry I'm on a few forums, hard to keep up. here is a video of my 10 Series FRS, I did a full TRD build on it, and then some, at 22 miles literally brand new build. I am almost complete...still waiting for a few more mods but car looks almost complete. missing TRD spoiler, it's on the way..hope you like.

I am having a an engine build done as well. working with Crawford on an NA build. Billet pistons, billet camshafts, light clutch, titanium rods, ecu map...conversation just kinda evolved as we were chatting on facebook lol...I asked if we can benchmark the NSX:) haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oNNQ_tW9KM

Last edited:
I wish NSX parts where this cheap.

A new supercharger for the F20 is on sale for $3k (slightly used)
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44718

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

I asked if we can benchmark the NSX:) haha!

What did he say about this? In my opinion they are both totally different cars.

Crawford was kind of a douche when I met him. Maybe he was having a bad day at the track.

Wow, that is very tempting. I've seen that supercharger in action a couple times, and was quite impressed. I told myself I would not do FI until after warranty runs out and they have a CARB exempt version, as the brz is my commuter car.

RYU, btw... since you last came over, I installed the carbon fiber body kit, rear camera, polished reverse lockout lever & new tweeters. Next will be the sub!

kit8med.jpg
kit9med.jpg

Last edited:
I drove a friends FRS last night. Good looking car, but it was a lot slower than I expected.
Given its common knowledge its a slow accelerating car, it must have been real slow!

After 2yrs i'm considering selling my BRZ. I bought this these 2wks ago and seems like I prefer to DD this one. I'm going to give another month.

10253759_10152218850756588_8197223480345536016_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

What can I say... I was inspired

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/013FSTX5M-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ay2bzaI1Qa4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn RYU you have lots of awesome cars! The most tastefully modified NSX in the world this side of TURBO2GO and now an E36! Someday I'll be cool like you...

I went to look at a BRZ this weekend. It does seem like a great value. $25,000 for a brand new 2015 sports car with a 3 year bumper to bumper, 5 year powertrain warranty.
The sales guy said the only thing not covered is the tires. Even the clutch and brake pads are under the 3 year warranty!
So for those who've bought one, no regrets? Still liking it?

Loved commuting with the car for 2 yes but I finally had enough of the rough ride on rough roads. I commute on Olympic Blvd here in LA. It's one of the worst roads.

The BRZ/FRS suffers from very limited rear suspension travel. I love everything else about the car. I'd keep it otherwise. I still drive it a few times a week but 2 or 3 day consecutive days and that's all I can handle.

I went to look at a BRZ this weekend. It does seem like a great value. $25,000 for a brand new 2015 sports car with a 3 year bumper to bumper, 5 year powertrain warranty.
The sales guy said the only thing not covered is the tires. Even the clutch and brake pads are under the 3 year warranty!
So for those who've bought one, no regrets? Still liking it?
love love love mine:) but its built not stock. bought a black frs in 2012, tracked it, fell in love with it stock...figured "what if i built one like an //M"....so I bought another in the anniversary edition and built it. I needed to get the car to NSX territory for me to like it moar haha!

- - - Updated - - -

I like Quirt Crawford, so as usual opinions are subjective lol
I wish NSX parts where this cheap.

A new supercharger for the F20 is on sale for $3k (slightly used)
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44718

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

What did he say about this? In my opinion they are both totally different cars.

Crawford was kind of a douche when I met him. Maybe he was having a bad day at the track.

- - - Updated - - -

My 86
http://youtu.be/IcQmy0YaT5k

What suspension did you decide to buy?

love love love mine:) but its built not stock. bought a black frs in 2012, tracked it, fell in love with it stock...figured "what if i built one like an //M"....so I bought another in the anniversary edition and built it. I needed to get the car to NSX territory for me to like it moar haha!

- - - Updated - - -

I like Quirt Crawford, so as usual opinions are subjective lol

- - - Updated - - -

My 86
http://youtu.be/IcQmy0YaT5k

I like my BRZ. It's a nice daily driver that's fun to drive, gets good mileage and handles great. It's lousy in snow, but that didn't surprise me since I didn't fit snow tires last winter. The interior is comfortable but back seats are useless and the materials/fit/finish aren't as nice as they could be.

Hi, new person here.
My '91 NSX is on the way and will arrive next week.:smile: To make space I put my BRZ back to stock and sold it.. and definitely miss it.

Here she was both stock & then modded, pushing 382whp on E85 from a Vortech SC (I went overboard with that and all the other mods).

Anyway hi to the familiar folks from over on the Toyobaru forum, and for you guys with both cars I can see why. These can be really quick and are always fun to drive.

Attachments

• brz-stock-and-modded.jpg
    brz-stock-and-modded.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 103
Back