• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone driven a Lotus Evora?

Always thought it had a lot in common with the NSX. What's it like?

I drove one when doing the two day high performance driving school at Skip Barber.

Not as nice as my 05(s) and my biggest complaint is the lack of a dead pedal. if youre not keeping your left foot on the clutch there is no where for it to go!

RobD has test driven one... hopefully he will chime in.

I took one out for a highway/local road test on two occasions when I was in sports car evaluation mode prior to choosing the NSX. My experience was therefore limited, but my impression was that it had good balance, a planted, solid sense of stability at speed, and very responsive handling. Engine note was good, rearward visibility was poor (if you care) and braking was positive. What frightened me was the legendary British build quality.

What frightened me was the legendary British build quality.

Fair enough :)

When I first read about it - mid-engine V6, legendary Lotus handling, I let myself think maybe the NSX had a spiritual successor... But apparently not in the fit & finish department.

Out of curiosity - what other sports cars did you look at before settling on the NSX?

I just drove one. My buddy bought one and the car is always in the shop for minor problems.

It is fun, almost identical to a NA1 NSX.

Back