• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The LoveFab Pikes Peak Edition NSX Build Thread...

We will slowly begin releasing build pictures of the car as we see fit.

For now, expect something close to this:

397431_2763300494034_1603517830_2382043_1357128394_n.jpg

Actually...the real deal will be much more radical looking, as we wanted the render to appear more "NSX-like". Unfortunately, "NSX-like" doesn't produce the downforce that we need.

Project goals:

To take on the world champs at Pikes Peak 2012, possibly setting a new record on the newly paved Pikes Peak International Highway.

-2200lbs
-1000+WHP
-Downforce, downforce, downforce. Did I mention downforce?
-Active aero
-Third element suspension to support the car under tremendous amounts of downforce
-Full Carbon fiber body
-Massive rubber

Stay tuned...

I hate to say it, but I thought it was a corvette at first.

Looking forward to seeing the real version and wishing you guys the best of luck to win!

HFS Cody! Who is gonna drive that monster up the side of a cliff in Col-or-aaaado :eek::tongue::confused:

wow

I will be piloting the car.

I will have the first of the build pics up shortly. We do not have internet at the shop where I now spend 18+hours per day, though it'll be installed Tuesday.

If Prime would sinc back up to Tapatalk, we would be golden.... ;)

Here is the concept just three months ago...if you dig deep, you'll see some of the future plans.

392000_2454370650981_1603517830_2258319_568549380_n.jpg

It's going to be a tough weekend. The car goes to DHP where the only portion of the build that we aren't performing in-house takes place. Tentatively, the car will be gone a month. We are waiting for wheels from ADV1 so we can't perform an initial "aeroless grip test" that we had planned on. Gotta love big projects!

So these things will take place while the car is gone:

Assemble motor; complete with Dry Sump(yummy).

Build the intake manifold.

We will be offering intake manifolds for sale after initial testing. No, it will not be cheap. Yes, it will make gobs of power.

Makes me look forward to the Hill Climb festivities even more this year. I'll have to keep tabs on this thread for updates and details. :redface: :biggrin:

Just saw you on Car Warriors on Speed. Nice headers! Congrats on the win and good luck with this new project. I have a friend in denver so might try to make it out to watch.

-Andy

I saw your practice video on youtube ... on the dirt road. You are insane! :eek:

Front suspension:

532250_10151445924940103_46944410102_23735342_478944146_n.jpg

Car is off to DHP Composites for the Carbon makeover. The body will be unlike anything every produced for the NSX. Aerodynamically efficient while producing unheard of downforce. Key items, or the entire package will be available to those who are really interested.

We just got word that we will be receiving invites to several other events besides the 'Peak later this year. So excited!

ADV.1 is supplying custom three-piece wheels for the car. We will be offering special offsets for the NSX community. A custom-wheel, at an off-the-shelf price. Stay tuned as this unfolds!

545703_367594449952551_100001059970923_1056656_1273742186_n.jpg

RC has supplied a set of Fuel injectors for our build, however, there are a few complications.

Because of the rules, we must use a Fuel cell(so bummed!!!). We will be ordering a standard 10gallon cell to fit in the stock tank location.

We need the system to support 1400HP and NOT slosh. Also, we are considering using E85.

Any chance of help or at least advice here? Thanks!!!

Visited the car in body-construction yesterday. HO. LY. COW!!! Unlike ANYTHING ever built before....

Good thing we had 02+ Headlight stickers made...not much else resembling an NSX left.... ;)

]
Because of the rules, we must use a Fuel cell(so bummed!!!). We will be ordering a standard 10gallon cell to fit in the stock tank location.

We need the system to support 1400HP and NOT slosh. Also, we are considering using E85.

This post should save you a day or 2 of research since it sounds like you knew about as much as I did on how the cells worked when I needed one.

Call ATL (or fuel safe) (ATL has a similar history in racing to fuel safe but a little less on cost) When ordering the bladder (that is really what is required by regulation) they will need to know if you plan on having the pump in or out of the tank (id recommend in tank.. people talk about serviceability with a sump and external mounts but the fuel keeps the pump cool so your forcing service on the pump IMO)

attachment.php

If you order the bladder with custom foam inserts... you will find it solves the sloshing problem way better than baffles do (like hondas design)

they also have blank top plates allowing you to install an fitting's, filler options, and the gas leveler where you want. I recommend this as you are a fabricator and the other plates are designed for those who are not. I also recommend taking and using the oem filler and sending unit apart...using the electronics to how you need them. Quality exceeds am substantially there.. and yes you will want to know how much gas you have... we didn’t use the level and sending unit initially.. changed that plan.

attachment.php

If you make your own fuel cell external case.. you can choose to mount the cell anywhere you want in the oem location. and save $ as even steel casings are expensive

attachment.php

It will also be my advice be to stay away from e85 for a pretty long list of reasons for pikes peak

and good luck man... thats a pretty baller status your after... every driver I talked to always wants the crown on pikes

Attachments

• fuel cell 1_n.jpg
    fuel cell 1_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,289
  • fuel cell 2_n.jpg
    fuel cell 2_n.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2,280
  • fuel cell 3_n.jpg
    fuel cell 3_n.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 2,280
What Ross said.

RC has supplied a set of Fuel injectors for our build, however, there are a few complications.

Visited the car in body-construction yesterday. HO. LY. COW!!! Unlike ANYTHING ever built before....

Good thing we had 02+ Headlight stickers made...not much else resembling an NSX left.... ;)

I was going to suggest FuelSafe as well. Bladder and foam is likely the route you should be going(for safety as well as sloshing).

http://www.fuelsafe.com/store/foam-baffling.html

You'll have the entire NSX community watching, good luck.

Back