• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who's got Top Gaiters ebrake or shift boots?

I know some of you mentioned buying the leather bits from topgaiters on ebay in the DIY color stitching thread... specifically shift and e-brake boots. I was curious what those that bought and installed them actually think about them.

I'd like to see some pics of the e-brake one installed if anybody has any.

I knew there wasn't much info about these when my original question became #1 on google for "topgaiters nsx" less than an hour after I posted it. :biggrin:

I have them at home but don't have a car to install it on .... Yet. Quality seems ok though (when compared to other leather shift boots, ebrake boots I've had on previous cats back in the day)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332009135.112435.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332009135.112435.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,922
I ordered one via ebay from top gaiters, it arrived somewhat unfinished as the opening towards the button was no sewn up. I emailed them and they shipped me out a new one with the end finished.

I ended up having another one sewn by an automotive upholstery shop out of Alcantara, still have the second one they sent me sitting around. Let me know if you want it, I can mail it to you, just pay shipping. It's black with red stitching.

Ok it took a while but I got the ebrake boot from mochanges and also ordered the shift boot from eBay. I just finished installing them.

THE SHIFT BOOT is leather with red stitching. It was about $38 shipped.
The quality is pretty good other than one spot on the red stitches where the sewing was crooked. I decided it wasn't that bad so I installed it so that side was in the back. The top opening of the boot is bigger than it should be so it's a bit bunched up when I tied it around the plastic clip.

newshiftboot.jpg

Crooked stitches toward the top:
shiftbootstitching.jpg

Installed:
shifterbootinstalled.jpg

THE EBRAKE BOOT doesn't match up with the shape of the original boot on the end where the button is. I managed to stuff it in around the metal plug that holds the end. I used a bit of upholstery adhesive toward the bottom to hold that end in place.

The stitching on the ebrake boot is better than the shift boot. It definitely looks better than the 20 year old boot that was on there before.

topgaitersebrakeboot.jpg

The difference between the original and topgaiters boot end:
ebrakebootends.jpg

installed.jpg

wideview.jpg

Thanks for hooking me up mochanges! Now I need the ITR shift knob. :biggrin:

It ws me that had these guys make the products for the NSX! I sent them all the original items to copy and have the handbrake cover on my own car. Although I specified I wanted genuine nappa leather.

You have to understand that, the handbrake cover in particular from Honda, was never ment to have a replacement skin as such. If you scored or damaged your hand brake leather, then you would have needed to source a complete handbrake from either a used source, or buy new from Honda at huge money.

So I decided to separate the leather cover and have the eBay guys re create them for the NSX community. They may not be Exact on those small bits mentioned above, but when fitted correctly they are spot on, and they have saved NSX owners allot of money from buying new.

Also if you have any imperfections that you don't like, then these guys will happily send you an exchange item that is perfect, or refund not a problem.

I also had them make the door entry pad covers.

Please also remember, you can ask these guys for the items in any finish, all kinds of leather and colours, Alcantara, other fabric etc.

Last edited:
in that case sir i have to thank you.

i purchased the e-brake, shift boot, arm rest side sills (black + red stitching) from them. the quality has been good (have no car to put it on) and the customer service has been excellent.

it would be awesome if they made door cards, door handle covers (similar to what they make for s2000s interior door handles), sun visor covers, a leather backing for the NAV pod, and maybe steering column surround?

THANK YOU sudesh.

btw what are door entry pad covers? (the door sills leathers?)

It ws me that had these guys make the products for the NSX! I sent them all the original items to copy and have the handbrake cover on my own car. Although I specified I wanted genuine nappa leather.

You have to understand that, the handbrake cover in particular from Honda, was never ment to have a replacement skin as such. If you scored or damaged your hand brake leather, then you would have needed to source a complete handbrake from either a used source, or buy new from Honda at huge money.

So I decided to separate the leather cover and have the eBay guys re create them for the NSX community. They may not be Exact on those small bits mentioned above, but when fitted correctly they are spot on, and they have saved NSX owners allot of money from buying new.

Also if you have any imperfections that you don't like, then these guys will happily send you an exchange item that is perfect, or refund not a problem.

I also had them make the door entry pad covers.

Please also remember, you can ask these guys for the items in any finish, all kinds of leather and colours, Alcantara, other fabric etc.

I think I'm going to order the door sill covers soon and my interior will be "done". I put that in quotes because we all know how that goes. :rolleyes:

I also have some different kinds of thread on the way to see if I can find one that will work for restitching my shift knob.

If ur NSx is 5spd u can always get the oem itr shift knob with red stitching.

It'll match :)

I think I'm going to order the door sill covers soon and my interior will be "done". I put that in quotes because we all know how that goes. :rolleyes:

I also have some different kinds of thread on the way to see if I can find one that will work for restitching my shift knob.

If ur NSx is 5spd u can always get the oem itr shift knob with red stitching.

It'll match :)

My shift knob is from a 2003 so it has perforated leather. The ITR one isn't as nice so I'm hoping I can find something I can use to redo the stitches in red. If that fails miserably I'll order the ITR knob.

Bumping an old thread just got the Topgaiters Armrest, and Parking Brake Covers tried to install them and neither will fit properly.

Armrest tried to stretch over OEM cover will not fit. Has uneven assembly looks to be stitched crooked and unevenly, does not have enough material looks to be missing at bottom to tuck under. I know I did not remove OEM cover either way still won't cover over evenly or wrap around. Does not match OEM at all, debating if its correct cover for '91 NSX?

Parking brake cover fits better but opening is way to big too much material will no tuck in to hide. Stitching at end is loose and coming apart too. I can probably get a leather place to cut and re-stitch it but that will cost me $ to mod.

Anyone else purchased from them that can maybe comment? I sent Topgaiters an Email regarding both see what the resolve might be?

vlryoy0bg2b4eb96g.jpg

lyus92ufhl3xel16g.jpg

3dui37p53qcl4a36g.jpg

n9v0bx6sndo6p7t6g.jpg

OEM Ebrake Cover with wire removed

8cz47urz08yvgdn6g.jpg

Topgaiters cover:

iwd8atdub838q3f6g.jpg

kkhf9guewpxxuca6g.jpg

nnznfca2390gm986g.jpg

my ebrake boot was pretty bad too. It took a lot of messing with it to install in a way that didn't look terrible. I'm not sure if it was as bad as yours though.

my ebrake boot was pretty bad too. It took a lot of messing with it to install in a way that didn't look terrible. I'm not sure if it was as bad as yours though.

Man I'm totally bummed out both parts don't fit topgaiters offered for me to send my console lid and hand brake lever but I just can't chance loosing these trying to send them to UK to get them fitted. Console lid isn't avail from dealer anymore pretty sure same thing for the hand brake not to mention would not be able to drive the car with the hand brake lever missing.

This is just my luck lately, still waiting for Autovation to correct my sill plates not going to hold my breath. I'm probably going to ask for a refund see what happens might try to get someone local to make me new ones.

I thought for the console you are supposed to remove the old original cover and replace it with this one?

I thought for the console you are supposed to remove the old original cover and replace it with this one?

Yes you are correct but looks like there either was a piece missing that would wrap under the plastic cover, or this cover was for some other car. I initially started removing the original leather good thing I stopped to check the fitment before ripping it off completely.

Topgaiters stepped up the the plate to make it right and offered full refund for console lid its on the way back to the UK now. I opted not to send the items as they offered to cover them for me, shipping would have been astronomical not to mention I couldn't risk loosing them. I do give them credit for trying to produce these hard to find items, hopefully someone more local to them in can send them the console lid and ebrake to revamp their patterns and offer correct fitting leather.

I decided to keep the ebrake cover I will get a local shop to re-sew the end to make it fit around the button area.

Last edited:
Back