• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Photo shoot 2002 Silverstone BC Racing wheels

Shot today and tonight here in Tucson by Venezia Photography.

Wheels by BC Racing, custom designed via GT Theory

Enjoy!
IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_40461.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_40791.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

Last edited:
In terms of styling, I think this is the nicest wheel I've ever seen on an nsx. Great job!

Simply stunning, Chuck! I had no idea you had a new NSX until I saw this. Amazing work! I can't wait to see it in person and catch up with you! I see that you're participating in the Mt. Lemon drive. It's a bad weekend for me and NsXMas, but I want to see your car so badly! I'm going to have to figure something else out.

Great job! Although, you need a BBK to fill up that space with those big open wheels. :)

IMG_3938.jpg

VERY nice!

As an aside, could you mebbe augment this thread with some photos of that 1987 F-16? Is it silverstone, too? :wink:

Incredible

Silver is not my favorite color but your car somehow makes it work so well that it's one of the best looking NSX I have ever seen. :cool:

OT question: are all Arizona license plate like this ?

BBK's won't on any of his wheels? :frown:

BBK clearance is no problem, you just can't achieve this amount of concave on stock body and still have BBK clearance. Chuck wanted maximum concave front and rear using stock brake clearance. BTW Chuck, the pics came out great!

Of course I'm not talking about ANY wheel from this manufacturer. Get with GT Theory and he'll set you up with a custom set of BC racing wheels that will match whatever specs you want. I'm saying that there is no way that MY wheels are going to clear a BBK. Maybe with a set of spacers, but then the car will be "Mexi-flush" and I don't want that.

Incredible

Silver is not my favorite color but your car somehow makes it work so well that it's one of the best looking NSX I have ever seen. :cool:

OT question: are all Arizona license plate like this ?

Thanks!

My plate is from New Mexico. It's their "Support the Troops" edition.

Wheels look fantastic! Car looks great as well. I'm not a photographer but the pictures seem a little dark or too contrasty to me.. but I applaud you for going different and taking a risk on wheels and making the car look damn sexy in the process. :biggrin:

Offset has almost nothing to do with BBK clearance!!!!

I beg to differ - moving the wheel hub past the back of the rim may give enough clearance for larger brakes to fit without increasing wheel diameter. Isn't this exactly why someone chooses to use a 5MM spacer in some cases to clear a larger brake caliper in width rather than purchase new wheels with an additional +5MM offset.

I think what Adrian I saying is that it has less to do with offset and more to do with spoke shape and the thickness of the wheels back pad. For example I could have the exact same wheel made with the exact same offset and make it clear BBK, however you would not be able to achieve the deep concave or deep lip. So the disc portion of the wheel would move out via a thicker backpad but the outer lip would be in the same position. Alternatively, if you are looking at the a wheel design that is rubbing on the spoke area you have to establish that the lower offset will be achieved by a thicker back pad, not more depth on the outside of the wheel, thats where a nice 5mm spacer comes in handy. In other words, if you are buying an off the shelf wheel, you better send the seller your brake clearance diagram and have them confirm fitment.

Back