• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your 1/4 mile times.

EAC

Legendary Member
Post the following information or a timeslip.

ET & Trap Speed:
Horsepower:

1. Cody@LoveFab
10.75@111mph 700 whp

2. mrbozo1
10.81@127 mph 604 whp

3. onestepx
11.15@126 mph 541 whp

4. v8killer
[email protected] mph 440 whp
[email protected] mph 508 whp

5. s2 killer
[email protected] mph 480 whp

6. cptnsx
[email protected] mph 412 whp

7. kookoo4nsx
12.39@118 mph 400 whp

8. Patchez
12.40@118 mph 397 whp

Last edited:
you have to start somewhere:tongue:

11.3 at 127. This was before my retune and running 305/35/18 RA1s on the rear.

APX Turbo. 400rwhp. 7.5psi.

60 ft 2.1

1/4 118 (some as high as 120 with proper launch)
12.39sec.

I am pretty confident I can hit 11.99 if I get a good launch and shift correctly.

Here is my personal Best to date only took it out once to the track since I built the motor .541 RWHP E85 19lbs of Boost

1st Run Nsx vs Shelby Cobra with Mods
1.9 Reaction Time
60 FT 1.8
ET 11.32 - Trap 126 mph (highest Trap 127)
541 RWHP BBSC Supercharged 19lbs Boost

2nd Run Nsx Solo Run
1.8 Reaction Time
60 FT 1.8
ET 11.15 - Trap 126

Here is a video:<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZTCnOMDcfU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZTCnOMDcfU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Traction was still an issue off the line next time out I will already have a Line Lock installed to help warm up the tires really good this should definitely get me into the 10s

Anyone Interested in these wheels with tires they are custom 1 of a Kind 17 FR X 18 Rear staggered PM ME they will be getting posted in the for sale section soon
Great Thread by the way

Last edited:
Looking at the Traps Speeds vs HP, our NSX's must be pretty damn heavy at race weight.

Last edited:
Your trap speed seems to be pretty low for 540 whp, or your car is heavier than normal :confused:

Here is my personal Best to date only took it out once to the track since I built the motor .541 RWHP E85 19lbs of Boost

1st Run Nsx vs Shelby Cobra with Mods
1.9 Reaction Time
60 FT 1.8
ET 11.32 - Trap 126 mph (highest Trap 127)

2nd Run Nsx Solo Run
1.8 Reaction Time
60 FT 1.8
ET 11.15 - Trap 126

Here is a video:<EMBED height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/bZTCnOMDcfU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

Traction was still an issue off the line next time out I will already have a Line Lock installed to help warm up the tires really good this should definitely get me into the 10s

Anyone Interested in these wheels with tires they are custom 1 of a Kind 17 FR X 18 Rear staggered PM ME they will be getting posted in the for sale section soon
Great Thread by the way

I'm not sure what you are getting at.............????? Did you start the thread to gather useful information or to bash?

Looking at the Traps Speeds vs HP, our NSX's must be pretty damn heavy at race weight.

I'm not sure what you are getting at.............?????

Just doing a little calculating, it was more so directed at the BBSC car a few posts up. His trap speed was a little low for the HP he's putting down.

Example, you're putting down 400 whp and trapping 120. That means your around a 3200 LB raceweight.

The above maroon car is trapping 127 @ 540 whp. If the HP numbers are true, that means his raceweight is around 3700 lbs. It could just be the nature of the BBSC having such a boring power curve. Either way, something is off.

Last edited:
Here is my old car. Hitting the brakes so I wouldn't get kicked out.

Just doing a little calculating, it was more so directed at the BBSC car a few posts up. His trap speed was a little low for the HP he's putting down.

Example, you're putting down 400 whp and trapping 120. That means your around a 3200 LB raceweight.

The above maroon car is trapping 127 @ 540 whp. If the HP numbers are true, that means his raceweight is around 3700 lbs. It could just be the nature of the BBSC having such a boring power curve. Either way, something is off.

That's just a really rough calculation, and yup it's because it's a centrifugal supercharger. Their boost production/power band is mostly in the upper range, where well matched turbos (and positive displacement superchargers) will give you a much beefier midrange. In other words, area under the hp curve for a 540whp BBSC is less than area under the hp curve for a typical turbo system, and the turbo car will be faster. Still can't touch a BBSC for bang/buck factor tho.

That's just a really rough calculation, and yup it's because it's a centrifugal supercharger. Their boost production/power band is mostly in the upper range, where well matched turbos (and positive displacement superchargers) will give you a much beefier midrange. In other words, area under the hp curve for a 540whp BBSC is less than area under the hp curve for a typical turbo system, and the turbo car will be faster. Still can't touch a BBSC for bang/buck factor tho.

The ET portion of the calculation's are never correct, but if you have a well put together car, the calculation will get you in the ballpark, + or - 2 mph.

Last edited:
Wow, my numbers are almost identical, although not surprising as I have the exact same tires and roughly the same hp (550whp/450wtq).

When i read the 1/4 times and trap speed I can't help to notice that the difference between a 100HP car and a 200HP is much more than a 400 and 500HP car.

In my short time drag racing I have realized that the most important part of making a good pass is the 60 foot time, not trap speed. Every 1/10 of a second that you reduce your 60 foot calculates to at least 2/10 of a second at the end. eg. I ran 11.2 @133mph with a 1.82 60 foot and ran a 10.81 @127 with a 1.7 60 foot. When you think about the faster you go the less time you have to get going fast. The fastest posted 60 foot time for an NSX is 1.57 seconds, with that being said lets get out there and figure out how to make our cars launch better as a team and not bash the guys that have a lower mph, after all it is only about 1/4 mile times and mph is not very imprtant. If I run 10.8 @127 and someone else runs 10.99@150 I still win.:wink:

Back