• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

4/7/2012 Saturday Meet

Hey guys. Prime Membet NsXMas said he should be on Oahu in April and would like to meet some of us Hawaii owners on Saturday 4/7/12. Who can make it? I'm thinking we can get together for lunch. Not sure where yet though. Let me know who can come out.

Chris

Looks like we have 3 members that should be free for this day so far. I'm still trying to contact a couple others. Anyone have any suggestions for lunch?

Thanks for coordinating this Chris!!

I don't know if the Waikiki area is too busy for the meet, or we can rent a car and meet you guys either North Shore, or Diamond Head area, or east there abouts.

We are staying at Waikiki beach area, so lots of great places there, or the Ala Moana mall / center area.

Maybe the Ala Moana mall might make most sense due to the parking and plenty of food there at the food court.

Whatever you guys plan will be awesome!!

Thanks for coordinating this Chris!!

I don't know if the Waikiki area is too busy for the meet, or we can rent a car and meet you guys either North Shore, or Diamond Head area, or east there abouts.

We are staying at Waikiki beach area, so lots of great places there, or the Ala Moana mall / center area.

Maybe the Ala Moana mall might make most sense due to the parking and plenty of food there at the food court.

Whatever you guys plan will be awesome!!

If you are up to travel to the North Shore that is an option. Waikiki is not really NSX friendly as you'd have to park in parking garages, and the police that patrol Waikiki are not too car mod friendly so we may risk getting tickets. I'll see what out at the North Shore to eat.

I've come up with two choices. Haleiwa Joes on the North Shore, or Roy's at Koolina (West Side). What do you guys think? Either place needs reservations I believe.

Chris - rental car is reserved for Saturday. :biggrin:

We were driving around North Shore yesterday in a Infinity FX yesterday...if you saw us pigging out at Fumi's Shrimp area yesterday. :tongue:

Looking forward to meeting you guys!!!

See if you can google those two places. Roy's is actually the clubhouse of the Koolina golf course. Good food but probably a lot more expensive than Haleiwa Joes which is just a good local everyday type eating place.

You should also try Giovana's Shrip truck out on the North Shore. I think they are all pretty close to each other.

I've come up with two choices. Haleiwa Joes on the North Shore, or Roy's at Koolina (West Side). What do you guys think? Either place needs reservations I believe.

Given those choices I would prefer Haleiwa Joes as we have Roy's in Phoenix, and I would rather try something different. :biggrin:

However, any place with decent parking for your NSXs will do. Doesn't have to be expensive or extravagant. We are pretty casual and love local Hawaiian cuisine.

See if you can google those two places. Roy's is actually the clubhouse of the Koolina golf course. Good food but probably a lot more expensive than Haleiwa Joes which is just a good local everyday type eating place.

You should also try Giovana's Shrip truck out on the North Shore. I think they are all pretty close to each other.

Chris - I misread your reply.

Let's do Haleiwa Joe's. I prefer that over Roy's, as we have Roy's back home and we can go there any time.

11:30am Saturday good for you? We're flexible, just need to pick up rental car in the morning and head on over.

Last edited:
Darn, Roy's in Ko Olina would've worked great for me, since I live 5 mins away.

Haleiwa Joe's works too, haven't been up there in such a long time (I live on the island too :eek:).

I was going to suggest maybe somewhere in Kailua, it's always a nice drive going through the H3.

No worries from me, whatever the consensus is.

Brian

I was going to suggest maybe somewhere in Kailua, it's always a nice drive going through the H3.

Brian
Ditto, I'm cool with whatever works best for you guys.

I'm loving Hawaii! I only wish I had my NSX here; you have some of the most gorgeous scenery I have seen in my life. :eek:

photo%25202.JPG

photo%25201.JPG

Darn, Roy's in Ko Olina would've worked great for me, since I live 5 mins away.

Haleiwa Joe's works too, haven't been up there in such a long time (I live on the island too :eek:).

Brian

I live right in Kapolei so it I'm like 5-10 minutes away too. Anyway, I figure since it looks like we are going to Haleiwa Joes, we probably should just meet up there around 11:30 or whenever I get reservations, then drive back through Kaneohe, Kailua, Hawaii Kai and such back home.

Post up how many people we have so far. I'll give Haleiwa Joes a call tomorrow or Friday and make reservations.

I made tentative reservations for 10 at 11:30. I say tentative only because they said they normally don't take reservations, but they'll have a table set up for us at 11:30 under my name. They actually open at 11:30 so it shouldn't be too busy.

Friend's from these land 4
Me and my son 2
Bj007 1
Luxon 1
My brother 2

I just hope I can get my brother's NSX ready in time.

My brother will probably come a little late, but at least his car is drivable. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

We may have a few more local NSX owners join us, but they are unconfirmed. If you guys drive to the North Shore via the Windard side give yourself a lot of time since it's a 2 lane divided highway and traffic can be a bit slow.

My brother will probably come a little late, but at least his car is drivable. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

Great news about your brother's car! It'll be great to meet you and your brother. I'm crossing my fingers for no rain. :)

We may have a few more local NSX owners join us, but they are unconfirmed.
The more the merrier. I hope they can make it. Meeting local NSXers would be a great conclusion to our Hawaii vacation.

Back