• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 Design Study and Comparison with First Gen and EmergE - PIC HEAVY

Looking at the side profiles of the NSX and N2X (great work), you can really see the body/cockpit appearance in the original. The rear of the greenhouse in the N2X blends into the body too much compared to the original in my opinion.

In addition to lengthing the tail slightly (opposite of the Corvette :) ), preferably also raising the height of the spoiler to regain some wedge to the body, I think moving/changing the C-pillar to be less integrated into the fenders would help restore the cockpit appearance and bring back a more familial appearance.

The low wedge body with the added cockpit on top (somewhat reminiscent of older racing cars) is a large part of the timeless appeal of the original NSX IMHO.

fe_5071259_717.jpg

This is the picture I have been waiting for. I now understand why Honda is making the NSX shorter because of the frontal area is much shorter than the original X, which gives it a a much better aero dynamic stability at high speed.

I'm going to assume that with a shorter tail, it also save a few lbs.

Maybe that's why they made it shorter, to compensate for the electric motors.

IDK about that. Two of the motors will be mounted up front, so I would imagine the new NSX will be closer to 50:50 weight distribution with this new setup, but definitely still rear biased (atleast I hope so). The 3 shorter inches or short overhang is just a modern trend that pretty much every new car is doing. I hope Honda does not follow suit when the production model arises. The extra 3 inches would not add much weight, especially if it mostly hollow plastic weight. Besides, who doesn't like extra cargo space? :biggrin: I love how the original NSX has excellent trunk space for grocery or general shopping when I have a passenger.

The N2X is exceptionally wider, but basically the same height as the original, so the frontal area is going to be a bit larger but with better drag coefficient I am guessing - at ~.28. They also increased wheelbase for high speed stability. I don't see how the rear end would effect aerodynamics at all besides the underbody and top spoiler or the lack of one.

If Honda really wanted to save a little bit of weight, they should decrease overall tire diameter for the front a bit more and of course a little bit for the rear also to match the double stagger stance. Then the front fenders and hood line could be leaner and thinner like the original NSX and save some weight upfront. I doubt that they would ever even consider doing that tho, especially if they have to accommodate two electric motors for the front :frown:

Back