• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

thinking about spacers, in Toronto

rx7

Registered Member
Hi, I am interested in buying spacers for my 2004 NSX, the car is stock and I feel the wheels look very tucked in. Im thinking about getting the H&R 25mm spacers for front and rear. I saw some pics on forum and cars look nice after the spacers put on.
But my question is:
My car is stock height, so if I bring the wheels out more, will it make the car look bad because the gap between fender and wheel becomes 'more visible'? I have no plan to lower the car for now since it is too much work, or should I?

And if I decided to buy, anyone/any shop is selling in Toronto?

Thanks everyone.:smile:

Last edited:
I have 25mm on the back and 15 or 16 mm on the front and the wheels are pretty much flush with the fender. Been running them now for a coupleof years with no issues. Someone else on Prime had them and I loved the look...see attached image. Personally, I think 25mm on the front is too much. I got my spacers from Dali and they're the ones with the integrated studs and they work well.

Attachments

• wheels with 15f 25r offsets.jpg
    wheels with 15f 25r offsets.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I have 25mm on the back and 15 or 16 mm on the front and the wheels are pretty much flush with the fender. Been running them now for a coupleof years with no issues. Someone else on Prime had them and I loved the look...see attached image. Personally, I think 25mm on the front is too much. I got my spacers from Dali and they're the ones with the integrated studs and they work well.

Have a very similar setup. Haven't had any issues.

Buy branded spacers so they won't get seized. If the studs are not long enough, get the H&R 25 mm spacers with integrated lugs.

Jacky

Why dont you get larger aftermarket rims?
Then you wouldnt need spacers and you would fill out your wheel arches more.

I like the oem wheels, they look nice to me, I really thought about advan RS 17/18 NSX set up, but on second thought the oem looks better, cannot decide :tongue:...

Why dont you get larger aftermarket rims?
Then you wouldnt need spacers and you would fill out your wheel arches more.

If you do choose to go with rims however make sure they are forged light weight rims. OEM rims on 02+ cars especially are forged and light weight. Replicas rims or "budget" rims will add weight to a car that was built by the manufacturer to have excellent weight to power ratio. Adding heavy wheels means adding weight and taking away from the performance of the car which IMO detracts from the purpose of "modding". You're most likely going to add weight if you go with bigger rims but the amount you add will be less and almost negligible if you go with the right set. Best combo IMO 18/17 (rear/front). You're looking at spending $$ for a new set $3K to $4K for a good set and depending on brand an etc this may or may not include the tires. I chose to go with spacers. My car is an 03 and the only rims I like will run me $3300 an that's without tires (Advan RS 18x10 Rear and 17/8 front).

I cannot decide either the ADVAN RS or the oem wheels, cause I feel ADVAN RS in Gunmetal look really sporty, and I do not have to lower my car or spacers.
on the other hand, the OEM looks very classy, I like the color, it shines in sun light, feels like Im going to the beach. But if I lower it, and put spacers, so much work...

I cannot decide either the ADVAN RS or the oem wheels, cause I feel ADVAN RS in Gunmetal look really sporty, and I do not have to lower my car or spacers.
on the other hand, the OEM looks very classy, I like the color, it shines in sun light, feels like Im going to the beach. But if I lower it, and put spacers, so much work...

Dude who are we kidding here...you have the mod bug and you will likely lower the car even if you get the Advan RS lol. Both are very good options sir..suggest looking at your budget and going with it. I'm saving up for my Advans but definitely keeping my OEs.

Today I went out and drove my NSX, looks so beautiful in person. I think the difference one sees in the pictures is not that big a difference in person.
cars look better in person. stock wheels look really sexy

Today I went out and drove my NSX, looks so beautiful in person. I think the difference one sees in the pictures is not that big a difference in person.
cars look better in person. stock wheels look really sexy

Then go OE buts definitely consider lowering and spacers.

When I put the spacer on and tightened it up the stock studs touched the rim. Maybe 2-3 mm too long. It snugged up but didn't look safe

The only thing I can think of is if all of my stud where changed before with longer ones

That is exactly it. The Kics have their own and work well with the stock studs. Try reverting back to stock then doing 25mm spacers. The studs in the front however were changed to longer ones for my car and I went with H&R 15mm spacers there.

The only thing I can think of is if all of my stud where changed before with longer ones

hmmmmm...thats odd???

Oscar says he run's 25 front and rear

DSC04394.jpg

Back