• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

thinking about spacers, in Toronto

hmmmmm...thats odd???

Oscar says he run's 25 front and rear

DSC04394.jpg

Sure you can...probably depends on the offset of your rims and how much you've lowered your car though...and the look you're going for. I'm doing 25mm rear and 15mm front (see pics on previous post on this thread). I'm contemplating going 20mm in the front.

The only thing I can think of is if all of my stud where changed before with longer ones

Depending what you want to do in the future, you could always run a set of ARP extended studs, and press the studs out of your current spacers as the other option.

If you want to do more test fitting i have some 3,5, 8 mm universal spacers and an extra set of 15mm Project Kics sitting around you can borrow to try.

The OEM studs on the hub are a bit shorter than other cars, and thus the lugs are shorter as well. One thing I noticed when I put a pair of integrated 25mm spacers on my rears was that the stock OEM lugs were too "short" for the integrated studs. The studs hit the top of my lugs before being tightened onto the wheel. I used some aftermarket conical seat lugs instead (BTW, it was not safe as the OEM wheels have a spherical seat).

The OEM studs on the hub are a bit shorter than other cars, and thus the lugs are shorter as well. One thing I noticed when I put a pair of integrated 25mm spacers on my rears was that the stock OEM lugs were too "short" for the integrated studs. The studs hit the top of my lugs before being tightened onto the wheel. I used some aftermarket conical seat lugs instead (BTW, it was not safe as the OEM wheels have a spherical seat).

Do I need to be concerned about this? My H&R 25mm spacers came from SOS, and they're on my 99 MCB.

Be careful with those. Multiple people have had the studs break/shear off with those.

I have not heard of any issues with the H&R spacers.

I haven't heard about that...thanks for the heads up! They've been fine so far but maybe I should consider changing them this summer...only thing is there's likely some sort of failure rate with any product (Sigma 6) and the people that recommended those to me insisted that they were safe as I had the same concern...they did say however that they wouldn't recommend them if I track the car often and I don't...I'm fact I haven't driven on a track since I sold my 350z near the end of 2010 :(
Can you send me a link to where you heard about the failures if they're online.

Butter, I read this and it scared the crap out of me.

Yeah that is scary :eek: I've been assured that the spacers I have are well made and installed properly but I should be getting rid of them later this summer when I get my new rims. Was holding out for a set of the Advan RS but I think the Volk CE28N are just as nice. The offered offsets choices for the X should give my ride the same stance I have now with the OE Rims and spacers.

There is a company in Cambridge that makes and sells spacers, studs and lugnuts/bolts in many sizes for a large variety of applications.

http://novustech.ca/

Their site is a little sparse right now but you can find them on eBay under Novustech. They also do custom applications.

There is a company in Cambridge that makes and sells spacers, studs and lugnuts/bolts in many sizes for a large variety of applications.

http://novustech.ca/

Their site is a little sparse right now but you can find t a rhem on eBay under Novustech. They also do custom applications.

Is this a reliable supplier of spacers? will it be as good as the H&R? These ones are made of aluminum, not steel, interesting, but only 20mm max

acura_nsx_orange.jpg

not sure who owns thisone but it may help your decision about the stocks being pushed out

acura_nsx_orange.jpg

not sure who owns thisone but it may help your decision about the stocks being pushed out

Ha, looks like my car except I haven't put spacers on them yet, is this car lowered or no? I'm also deciding whether to lower my car a bit

Ha, looks like my car except I haven't put spacers on them yet, is this car lowered or no? I'm also deciding whether to lower my car a bit

I dont know the owner, but it doesnt look like it from my angle. was just an IOP image i had found on the web.

BTW whats the last of you VIN? have you added yourself to the imola thread?

I dont know the owner, but it doesnt look like it from my angle. was just an IOP image i had found on the web.

BTW whats the last of you VIN? have you added yourself to the imola thread?

oh, I did not know there is such thread. I think that car's height is perfect, looks like lowered to me though...

Offset question

Sorry if a little off topic... I got a good price for Advan RS 17x8 and 18x10 lined up in Northern Cal. Anyone know for sure before I blow significant $$: is the correct fitment for flush with the fender +37 offset front and +35 rear?

Back