• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

June 9 - Tenth NSXCA Midwest Region Annual Dinner

When and Where?

We will be hosting the Tenth NSX Club of America Midwest Region Annual Dinner on Saturday, June 9, 2012. We will meet at 6:30 pm for cocktails, and sit down for dinner at about 7:30. Attire is casual to business casual. Dinner will take place at the Arlington Heights location of:

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
798 West Algonquin Road at Golf Road
Arlington Heights IL 60005
847-981-0900
coopershawkwinery.com

Cooper's Hawk is about six miles northwest of O'Hare Airport. From the O'Hare area, take I-90 west and exit at Arlington Heights Road. Take Arlington Heights Road north to the first light, and turn left onto Algonquin Road. Go 0.6 mile and the restaurant will be on the right.

Note that the exit from I-294 northbound to I-90 westbound is currently closed. Signs will direct you for the detour.

Cooper's Hawk has eight restaurants, as well as their winery in Orland Park. They produce a wide variety of wines - still and sparking, red and white, dinner and sweet, etc. At all their restaurants, there is a tasting room where you can taste samples and purchase wines to take home with you.

What's for dinner?

6:30 Cocktail Hour, featuring Cash Bar and Hors D’oeuvre Platters

• Thai Chicken Flatbread
• Crispy Shrimp
• Chicken Potstickers

7:30 Dinner

Soup: Crab & Lobster Bisque - Loaded with Crab, Lobster, and Shrimp

Salad: Baby Greens Salad - Mixed Baby Greens, Candied Walnuts, and Dried Cherries Tossed in Raspberry Vinaigrette and Topped with Bleu Cheese and Sliced Pears

Entrée: Combination plate of Broiled USDA Beef Filet Medallions, and Fresh Salmon Seared with a Soy Ginger Glaze, served with a seasonal
vegetable and Mary’s Potatoes

Dessert: Banoffee Pie - Graham Cracker Crust and Fresh Sliced Bananas in a Toffee Filling with Fresh Whipped Cream

Beverages: Coffee, Iced Tea, Soft Drinks, and All Organic Tea Forté Products are included.

Those with vegetarian or other dietary restrictions, please contact Ken Sax prior to the dinner.

How much will it cost?

The NSX Club of America will subsidize a portion of the dinner cost for club members and their spouses/guests. If you are not yet a member of the NSX Club of America, go to the club website for information on joining.

The cost to club members and their spouses/guests will be $35 per person, which includes tax and tip. It does not include alcoholic beverages, which will be available for purchase from the cash bar and the servers. After dinner, Ken Sax will collect for the dinner; cash in exact bills will be appreciated.

How can I sign up?

If you are planning to join us, or if you have a change in plans, please send me a Private Message or e-mail, including how many will be coming, by Friday, June 1, so that I can keep track of the number of people on the reservation. The club will be responsible for making a headcount guarantee to the restaurant, so if you have told us you are coming but cannot attend, please notify me by June 1 to avoid having to pay for your dinner.

Who's coming?

1-2. Ken and Kathy (nsxtasy)
3-4. Brian and guest (SOURCENSX)
5-6. Josh and Arlete (Juice)
7-8. Rae and Dave (plumcraezy) (tentative)
9-10. Tom G. and Jan C.
11-12. John and Kryssie (skynet0419)
13. Bob H.
14-15. Bob and Lynda (Bob Kenney)
16-17. Steve and Carol (OhioSteve)
18-19. Zaram & Iman (Rockford_NSX) vv
20. Paul (Brylek)
21-22. Tim and Liz (jorligan)
23-24. Phill and Krista (Pruhnke)
25. Bob D.
26-27. Warren and Barb (warren)
28-29. Rich & Angeles S.
30-31. Jeff and Maria (shogunnsx)
32-33. Brian and Ellen (Briank) v
34-35. James and Stacey (H-I-M)
36. Kyle F
37-38. Doran and Cassandra K.
39-40. Erik and Lauren (dollar_$niper)

A final word

This is a great time to meet up with old friends, as well as meet new friends. Hope to see you there!

keN SaX
Brian Urlage
NSX Club of America

Last edited:
Should be free on that day...hope I can make this. It'll be my first time :biggrin:

looking forward to it

I got my NSX at the end of last summer and would love to meet with everyone. I've met Ken a few weeks ago when I bought something from him. Unfortunately, I've got plans for dinner already. I'll probably swing by before cocktail hour for a few minutes to meet everyone. BTW, my name is Lenny '92 Berlina Black.

You bringing up with FXMD car, very interested in checking out the widebody

More than likely yes, I ordered some street wheels and tires for it just to be able to make the trip up. The R888 would have been bald by Indy:biggrin:

Today's the deadline - last chance to sign up!

Hey, anyone want a nice deal on synthetic 10W30 motor oil for his/her NSX? I have eight quarts (two of Pennzoil Platinum and six of Mobil 1) and I no longer have a car that uses that viscosity. I can bring it with me to the dinner. Send me a private message!

Today's the deadline - last chance to sign up!

Hey, anyone want a nice deal on synthetic 10W30 motor oil for his/her NSX? I have eight quarts (two of Pennzoil Platinum and six of Mobil 1) and I no longer have a car that uses that viscosity. I can bring it with me to the dinner. Send me a private message!

Ken- I wish I did not have a conflict for the dinner hour. Would really like to meet more fellow owners of this fine machine. I may be able to get away in time to meet some of you in the lot post dinner. Will there be a particular place where the cars will be gathered and if so any plans to hang for a bit after dinner? -joe

In the past, people usually have a leisurely dinner, then hang around afterwards in our room a bit. If you can't make it in time for dinner, you can try stopping by our private room upstairs in the restaurant, just to hang out and chat after dinner with whoever's still around when you get there.

It was fun to see everyone and thoroughly enjoyed the meal and camaraderie. Thanks Ken and anyone else involved in setting up the meeting and location. We're looking forward to next year's already.

It was a great time indeed, a chance to see old friends and make new ones. Thanks to all those who attended. We'll do it again next year!

Back